XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cheap screen protector

Tip us?

PlacidCat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Lightbulb Cheap screen protector

I can't claim to have tried this, and I would strongly suggest that you not use an x-acto knife on your screen (rather, do some careful measuring and cutting) but I found this interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-XXv...eature=feedlik

Ever used those vinyl "window magnets?" This would work in the same way. Having had some difficulties trying to get a perfect application of a screen protector myself, I could see this as a nice alternative as it is cheap and can easily be removed and re-applied if you mess up the first time. (That, and you can literally wash off any dust or debris from the vinyl should you accidentally get some stuck to it before applying it.)

If any of you try this, let me know how it looks. Obviously, you would only go for this if you don't want a matte finish.

dermotti
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Ide rather just get em of ebay lol. I paid like 5 bucks for 2 protectors.

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

PlacidCat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
To each their own. I like the idea of the DIY method for a few reasons:
* $3 gets you the equivalent of far more than two protectors
* If I mess up during application - no biggie. Wipe and repeat.
* No adhesive left after the fact... ever. The vinyl doesn't need any adhesive to stick. Once the protector is messed up, ditch it and cleanup of the screen should be minimal to none.

Certainly there are advantages to a low-adhesive commercial protector. I just don't like some of the disadvantages. I'll be trying it once I get a Nook Tablet.
Tags
screen protector cheap