Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LG Revolution 2900 mAh Battery is amazing!

OP DelFrogo

1st December 2011, 04:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Alexandria, VA
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
If you have a Revolution you must get the 2900 mAh Lithium Battery.

I am a moderate low user running GingerVolt V1.2. I unplug my phone at 6AM and go to work. I talk for about an 1hr/day, surf the net, email, game for 1hr/day. I pass a 4G area on the way to work but for the most part I am strictly 3G with LTE on. I used to get 9-10 HRs before my phone would die.

I bought my 2900 mAh battery from the verizon store. My phone has been unplugged for 1 Day 15 Hrs with 25% battery left!!! I could go 2 Days but that would be pushing it.

The extended battery is bulky and does make the phone a bit heavier but I think I have a better grip of it now. The protrusion seems to be a good finger wedge. Furthermore, I really didn't feel a difference while my phone was in my pocket.

Overall I fell in love with my phone again. I can be free of the power cord longer than you.
1st December 2011, 08:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 156

1,645 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelFrogo

If you have a Revolution you must get the 2900 mAh Lithium Battery.

I am a moderate low user running GingerVolt V1.2. I unplug my phone at 6AM and go to work. I talk for about an 1hr/day, surf the net, email, game for 1hr/day. I pass a 4G area on the way to work but for the most part I am strictly 3G with LTE on. I used to get 9-10 HRs before my phone would die.

I bought my 2900 mAh battery from the verizon store. My phone has been unplugged for 1 Day 15 Hrs with 25% battery left!!! I could go 2 Days but that would be pushing it.

The extended battery is bulky and does make the phone a bit heavier but I think I have a better grip of it now. The protrusion seems to be a good finger wedge. Furthermore, I really didn't feel a difference while my phone was in my pocket.

Overall I fell in love with my phone again. I can be free of the power cord longer than you.

I got that once with stock battery but that was me sending like 3 texts and other than that not touching my phone
1st December 2011, 04:19 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 114

655 posts
is it worth $50 though
2nd December 2011, 03:11 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

125 posts
Downside is that my case doesn't fit anymore. But, the battery makes the phone fit the holster without the case. Sure do miss the protection the case would give though... One drop that breaks the phone would make me regret having the battery instead of the case...
2nd December 2011, 06:09 PM   |  #5  
St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 78

628 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozymandiaz

Downside is that my case doesn't fit anymore. But, the battery makes the phone fit the holster without the case. Sure do miss the protection the case would give though... One drop that breaks the phone would make me regret having the battery instead of the case...

Agreed.. It fits in the holster but does not fit well and has a tendency to fall out. I saw at a VZW store that they had the same holster/case I use (with the kickstand) for the Bionic, and it says it fit with extended battery. Dang it. I want that for our Revo!!
3rd December 2011, 03:54 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Alexandria, VA
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpot08

is it worth $50 though

I paid $27.18 total. I got a 25 dollar discount somehow at checkout and I got free 2 day shipping. I didn't do anything special or login or do coupons.
5th December 2011, 12:34 AM   |  #7  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 237

776 posts
More
I got the same discount in a VZW corporate store when it rang up. Despite the size and weight, it's nice not worrying about power all day.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
14th December 2011, 12:57 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
I've had the extended battery 3 days longer than I've had the phone. I used to keep it and a standard battery fully charged but the extended worked so well I put the standard away. When I have strong a strong signal I can use the internet for hours and see only a minimal decrease. Its well worth the money.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App
21st December 2011, 07:47 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,756

3,471 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have the extended life battery from Verizon. Says 3000mAh and I can proudly say that with moderate/heavy use, I get about 12-14 hours. Less that moderate/light use and I get about 25-27 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to spc_hicks09 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2012, 04:18 AM   |  #10  
Flag Mesa
Thanks Meter: 75

277 posts
More
for those still wanting this battery, I got one from Verizon at Half off due to a promotion. Apparently all batteries for 4G devices are 50% of until the end of march.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2900, 2900 mah, revolution extended battery
Previous Thread Next Thread