Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Droid RAZR Review

1st December 2011, 03:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 164

1,113 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just started up a new site covering apps, phones, etc and for the first phone I decided to go with my Droid RAZR!

Just looking to get general feedback on the review and site for future reviews. Thanks!

http://www.attackofthetech.com/home/...zr-review.html

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App
1st December 2011, 04:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 61

715 posts
More
Great read, let me note the spelling right away so you can fix it up "mamo coating" should be nano.

It's hard to review a review because it's very important that it remains the way you like it. The following is just stuff that I like to see when I go looking.

- I like the info provided. It comes across as personal and that's kinda what ends up being missed in a lot of reviews. Good Job.
- When I go looking for a review I quickly scan the page to see how in-depth it is, pictures, graphs, specs, comparisons etc. It looks a bit short on initial scan. It may be worth while to add some specs in an easy and quick to read format. Maybe even borrow some pics from some place.
- You provided full size pics, that's great but I think they are too big and when expanded they are kinda blurry. It may be worth while to keep them to a medium-large size and keep the sharpness. You'll save drive space as well.
- Maybe a couple more pics of the body, since in this particular phone it's shape is the best part.
- The really important things like battery etc should be mentioned.
- The Smart Actions app is what people would have heard about when researching the RAZR. It would be cool to mention it a bit if possible.
Last edited by opensourcefan; 1st December 2011 at 04:24 AM.
1st December 2011, 04:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando

1,113 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the feedback. That's a good point you made about the pictures. I will make a note of that. And the specs.

I have a picture of smart actions and I was going to include it but decided not to. Will include the picture and some info on it.

I'm going to revise the review tomorrow!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App
1st December 2011, 03:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Razr outside US
Hi,

I am considering buying the Droid Razr and was wondering if the device is global ready. Will i be able to use this phone outside the US (like say in India)?

Really appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks
1st December 2011, 05:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag Somewhere, lost in time....
Thanks Meter: 121

1,090 posts
More
I saw no issues with the way the phone displays colors or how it displays with the Pen-tile display. I own 2 other phones and the phones picture and sound quality are as good as iphone 4S and captivate.
Battery life is superb. I am very much looking forward to ICS.
1st December 2011, 05:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 24

454 posts
Ummm...
"This smartphone is one stiff bugger, a feature I particularly enjoy."
1st December 2011, 11:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando

1,113 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoorrus

Hi,

I am considering buying the Droid Razr and was wondering if the device is global ready. Will i be able to use this phone outside the US (like say in India)?

Really appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks

I believe I read that the Droid RAZR is capable of being a world phone but has what's needed switched off on the chip.
2nd December 2011, 01:43 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

27 posts
Donate to Me
I want to get this phone. Hope I have luck with it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread