5,597,542 Members 31,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][1-17-12]Blitzkrieg Kernel 2.1

Tip us?

drt054
Old
Thanks Meter 151
MT!! I probably won't be able to break my picky phone for about a week or so.. tried blitzkreig over OCKernel and same result as we discussed on irc. But upon flashing back to 1.4 from bkitzkreig my battery went from 57% to 18% bummer

sent from my LG Steel BlueVolt

jamRwoo
Old
Thanks Meter 46
So if I'm using the one you gave me on IRC I need to reflash? Forgive me for the redundant question.

Btw this kernel is sex. I've been waiting for an OCUV kernel since I got the phone. Phone is so snappy.

Now you just need to write a code that makes RAM duplicate itself. =D

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
.:: Marble Frosted LG Revolution w/ Blitzkreiged GingerVolt (v1.3) @ 1.5GHz. ::: Powered by mtmichaelson, indyred99, and all the great people in the Revolution Boards. ::.

Join us on IRC! {irc.freenode.net:6667 #Lgrevolution [SSL: 6697]}. Great place to get help or waste away valuable time! Just watch out for indyred--he bites!

"Cynical realism is the intelligent man's best excuse for doing nothing in an intolerable situation." --Aldous Huxley

majorpay
Old
Thanks Meter 101

DONATE TO ME
OC may come at a cost?

Interestingly, I've never had a problem quite like this on on this phone until I flashed this kernel:

Was on the phone for an extended amount of time, the screen blanked, and when I went to hang up, I couldn't - screen wouldn't turn back on. Pressed the power button a few times, shook the phone, nothing.

The issue looked very similar to the infamous "CM7 SOD" issue, except my phone couldn't have gone to sleep while being on the phone (right?).

I had to do a battery pull and reboot.

gigem01
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Backed up, Flashed, rebooted.......

It shows LG, then boot animation and then screen blanks. Next it vibrates and goes back to LG, then Recovery.

I am restoring now and keeping my fingers crossed. This is the first problem I've had since flashing Cubed and MT's stuff.

Could there be a problem if I already had SetCPU installed and running with "set on boot"?

revo_65
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem01 View Post

It shows LG, then boot animation and then screen blanks. Next it vibrates and goes back to LG, then Recovery.

I am restoring now and keeping my fingers crossed. This is the first problem I've had since flashing Cubed and MT's stuff.

Could there be a problem if I already had SetCPU installed and running with "set on boot"?
no there shouldnt be. I dont use cpu tuner but i had my cpu manager running on set on boot and it worked fine

threevolve
Old
Thanks Meter 38
A custom kernel? Does this mean we're a step closer to CM7, or even CM9??

mtmichaelson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem01 View Post

Some phones are picky and will not go this high. I may compile one that is lower for those with problems.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

bhp117
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Mt what happened to the 1.7 oc ?

Bulletproof 512 ledded AWD SuperCharged RC4/GV1.3 - Nullified & SIO 2048 + Ad-Shot v13 ;p

KaneOfMars
Old
Thanks Meter 101

DONATE TO ME
The day is coming
Armageddon's near
Inferno's coming
Can we survive the blitzkrieg?

Haha! Thanks MT! My phone is blazing fast now!

From my Kangwich Bryce Device

JohnnyAn
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp117 View Post
Mt what happened to the 1.7 oc ?

Bulletproof 512 ledded AWD SuperCharged RC4/GV1.3 - Nullified & SIO 2048 + Ad-Shot v13 ;p
I was curious about this too. I saw an antutu benchmark test run with a revo at 1.7ghz and was wondering if that would be released.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium