UK Transformer Prime PRE-ORDER LINKS AND ORDER TRACKING **UK ONLY**

30th December 2011, 11:43 AM   |  #381  
Thanks Meter: 4

49 posts
Have just sent a note to ebuyer remarking that other suppliers are now fulfilling their pre-orders. Will see what they say.
30th December 2011, 11:45 AM   |  #382  
Thanks Meter: 11

96 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dover_monkey

I am useless at waiting for things lol

Come on Comet. Show me the PRIME

Same here, I'm going to flash a new ROM to my phone to keep me occupied!
30th December 2011, 11:58 AM   |  #383  
Flag Bury St Edmunds(ish)
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfu

You need to open a ticket with them. I did this morning, and they cancelled and refunded within minutes.

Got one due from Comet on Tuesday 3rd.

Cheers... just done that.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Wow... that was quick! Full refund to my account.
Last edited by ubervince; 30th December 2011 at 11:49 AM.
30th December 2011, 12:14 PM   |  #384  
Thanks Meter: 12

233 posts
Alas, 3 hours old and I think this one is going back.

Yes, I am extremely fussy I do admit so hopefully everyone else will be happy with theirs.

I deliberately haven't been inspecting the screen as I didn't want to find any issues, but after one hour I found a dead pixel, then an hour later a piece of dust that makes it appear like there is a dead pixel, and just now discovered a small area the size of maybe 3x3 pixels that is brighter than anywhere else on any coloured background. It actually looks like something is poking through the back of the screen weirdly (or a cluster of pixels are super bright).

EDIT: GPS gets no lock. I don't know if this is simply a software issue or a problem with my tablet. Any have a working GPS?

Oh well! Looks like an exchange.
Last edited by jimbob1971; 30th December 2011 at 12:41 PM.
30th December 2011, 12:20 PM   |  #385  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
I've just realised my gyroscope isn't functioning. The auto rotate screen setting is on, but it refuses to switch the portrait mode when held in the portrait position. Also tilt controls in games like Riptide and Glowball don't work. I've created a thread about it here.
30th December 2011, 12:20 PM   |  #386  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 425

1,422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob1971

Alas, 3 hours old and I think this one is going back.

Yes, I am extremely fussy I do admit so hopefully everyone else will be happy with theirs.

I deliberately haven't been inspecting the screen as I didn't want to find any issues, but after one hour I found a dead pixel, then an hour later a piece of dust that makes it appear like there is a dead pixel, and just now discovered a small area the size of maybe 3x3 pixels that is brighter than anywhere else on any coloured background. It actually looks like something lit is poking through the back of the screen weirdly.

Oh well! Looks like an exchange.

That sure is a shame. Mine is all good as far as I can tell.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
30th December 2011, 12:21 PM   |  #387  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 5

28 posts
More
so has any one had any response from pc world? do you think i would get anywhere by calling them or will i just get passed between clueless idiots?

oh and anyone that has got there's this morning, can you confirm its running honeycomb and not ICS? no one has mentioned yet i know some thought it may ship with ICS in the uk
30th December 2011, 12:29 PM   |  #388  
Thanks Meter: 11

96 posts
More
ASUS's quality control is shocking. There's no way there should be SO many issues with people getting their tablets.

Hopefully, you'll both get it replaced and get a fully working tablet.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktaperules

oh and anyone that has got there's this morning, can you confirm its running honeycomb and not ICS? no one has mentioned yet i know some thought it may ship with ICS in the uk

I would have thought it won't have ICS or the US would have seen an OTA update by now.
30th December 2011, 12:29 PM   |  #389  
Flag Dover
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
I originally ordered through PC World and have spken to them 5 times now. They have no idea when stock is coming in. I cancelled my order with them and managed to buy online through comet the Prime. Confirmation email just received for delivery on the 3rd January.
30th December 2011, 12:30 PM   |  #390  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
It's running Honeycomb 3.2.1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread