[ROM][DEV] ICS AOSP (from CM's source) for HTC Glacier [UPDATED 12.07.2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dills84

Jan 2, 2008
Same here, and I just flashed and I'm running it... You select wipe data/ factory reset from the menu, as well as wipe system from Mounts and Storage, correct?

Yup! I even downloaded "superwipe" to give that a shot. I'm going to try re-flashing my Recovery... maybe something is wrong on that end.

Thanks for the help!

widgets

Sep 16, 2009
weird issue

Flashed this rom and played around for a while on it. When I tried to go back to virtuous affinity i can't connect to any network. it's like my sim card is locked or something. Really strange and have never experienced flashing any rom before.

Anyone else experiencing this?

cnote74

Nov 26, 2010
oklahoma city
Flashed this rom and played around for a while on it. When I tried to go back to virtuous affinity i can't connect to any network. it's like my sim card is locked or something. Really strange and have never experienced flashing any rom before.

Did you try wiping dalvik and cache and fixing permissions.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

jr_718

Jul 10, 2011

did you wipe fully before flashing Affinity?

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
Ya i fully wiped in Clockwork 5.0.2.0. Tried MIUI and Cyan 7.1 and formatted my SD. It's very strange. When I go to availible networks and try to connect it says "unable to connect at this time, try again later"

This is still a beta, not much is going to work right now. Once more updates are done, we'll get close to a daily driver.

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.

Sent from my fist to your nuts, enjoy!

NatsuDragneell

Jul 12, 2011
Cincinnati
What's with the red box around apps and WiFi didn't work and some wallpapers didn't set right

RcMix 3D Darkside Glacier HD
Tdj's Demonspeed v7 Kernel
Virtuous OC Damean
ClockWorkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0

^iCemaN

Jul 29, 2009
Los Angeles
Whoaaa!! I have to wait for
Data to work properly tho. I use my phone for work as well...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

srivers33

Feb 14, 2010
Fantastic man, thanks for this. yea, it has some problems but its beta and beautiful. I imagine this will help others working on this a great deal.

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
tried it out, i really like it and it looks nice, but too many problems for a daily driver, cant wait for this to be more stable

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

kerryking1

Jan 31, 2011
I cant get into recovery. I hold vol up and power button and it makes a noise and power light flashes. I can get into ics but I have no internet to do anything so I wanted to switch back

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

maybe its vol down. Its working now.

NatsuDragneell

Jul 12, 2011
Cincinnati
I cant get into recovery. I hold vol up and power button and it makes a noise and power light flashes. I can get into ics but I have no internet to do anything so I wanted to switch back

U are a post to hold volume down button and power to boot into hboot then from there choose recovery
RcMix 3D Darkside Glacier HD
Tdj's Demonspeed v7 Kernel
Virtuous OC Damean
ClockWorkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0

kerryking1

Jan 31, 2011
yeah I havent had to go into recovery that way in awhile so I forgot if it was vol up or down. Roms looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a build from the CynogenMod source. The build is in beta version now, so there will be bugs. Please, report the bugs on this thread.
    The build is stable now. It's named Creamed Glacier. Version is now Beta 3.0....

Along with the Source build, we try to port more stable Roms to mytouch. Our Ultimate aim is to put in a stable build. Porting is done by marseillesw. So credit goes to him & the devs of respective sections.

.: :: :: The Development Team :: :: :.

[Devs]

• febycv
    • marseillesw

[TESTERS]

• sckboy78
    • GazaIan

Thanks

• syndtr: Updated touch and graphics driver
    • onecosmic: Being the first to successfully build the AOSP tree
    • Kaik541: Making GApps from v3 onward
    • ancdix: For hosting on tux-head.net
    • CyanogenMod team: Setting up the infrastructure and being a great help in the porting process.
    • Desires S devs: superkid, m deejay
    • Desire HD kernel dev: Lord Clockan
    • Special Thanks: zFr3eak, LorD ClockaN, dh.harald,TwistedUmbrella, shaky153

Donations Received
    • ejwllms
    • 8807franky
    • jenksjf
    • mmurraygis
    • Keithdiggs01
    • pompeiisneaks

Thank You for your contribution, we are much obliged to you & we will keep up with your aspirations.

Change Log

Code:
    Beta 3.0

- Increased Stability
    - Very responsive & fast
    - Removed red border issue
    - Added Camera app (but can't connect to camera)
    - Wifi button turning on. But hardware not recognized by OS

Desire S Port

Features

- lockscreen rotation
    - launcher rotation
    - rgb fixes
    - webkit egl hacks
    - signal strength
    - 3d games
    - 3d accelleration
    - market
    - gps

Version beta 2.1

Only issues

1. Market hangs for some time then doesn't download
    2. Superuser does fc but that's already known and attended to.
    3. Exchange fc
    4. Talk fc
    5. No camera (known)
    6. Red border
    7. Gittery app drawer

Version beta 2.0

Issues

-Set APN manually, 3G works, but I don't see any H+ network connectivity
    -Calls, sms, mms work. UPDATE: 3G cut off after 4 mins. 3G icon flashes for 1 second in the status bar every couple of minutes. Doesn't really do anything. No data what so ever anymore. Calls do work though, and so does sms. No mms anymore.
    -Call quality of the MT4G's mic seemed to be really improved over CM7 and most of the other roms 
    -Cameras don't work
    -No face recognition unlock option :/ (because there's no cameras recognized, or the camera app either)
    -Wi-Fi doesn't work for me. It scans, finds my network, but then after I put my connection's password, it just... does nothing lol
    -Not VERY slow, but its buggy kinda slow... Graphics acceleration is noticeably lacked.
    -Genius Button doesn't do anything (search button should be nice)
    -No trackball wake
    -Google Talk keeps force closing, even when not open.
    -When in landscape mode, the trackball's sensor still moves in the inappropriate direction as if the phone is still in portrait.
    -Bluetooth does not work or turn on.
    -Root apps don't open up. Force close. Tried Root Explorer and ROM Manager.
    -No live wallpapers.
    -Only charges over USB. No connectivity to storage.

Version beta 1.0

Problems:

* APN DATA/MMS settings missing
    * Signal Strength reading is incorrect - Stays on -97dBm - Signal Indicator always at 4. (Remove IMS registration and SMS over IMS and LTE dump settings from INFO screen)
    * Data connection is wacky and does not start most of the time
    * Battery driver may not be proper
    * Wi-Fi Authenticates and Saves but does not start up the connection
    * Bluetooth is wacky
    * Talk keeps force closing even tho it is not open
    * Add Wake Trackpad
    * Speakerphone sound pops in and out at times in each second
    * Market has issues downloading apps when data connection works; hanging
    * NO SIM card message pops up at times
    * USB Storage doesn't seem to be working (Unsure)
    * Sluggishness causes ROM crash and reloads

Important Notes

You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. Use Live wallpaper to solve the Red border issue.

Bugs and Errors

Since the Rom is in beta, please report all the bugs you come across. It will be fixed in the stable version.

Install instructions:

1. Backup your current Rom.
    2. Make a full wipe
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Reboot

The List of Rom Builds

Build from the source (beta 3.0)

:: :: Download Here :: ::

Code:
    md5 : 2b729cc59e61ef4adb7be114eb14a8b6

The Desire S Port (beta4r1)

:: :: Download Here :: ::​

Earlier Builds

Screen shots

hd2-ics.jpg
    What's weird is that it worked on the first port on page 19.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Its the Desire S version with the hs problem.. dhd version should still work .. from now on specify which version ur using when u report bugs ppl..thanks... mostly my fault for getting port crazy lol..aw well, just wanted to share the Creamy goodness I guess ;-)

Btw..I'm not taking donations, I'm just doing this to learn and spread cheer..all I ask for is that u hit the thanks button. Cool?

sent from my newly creamed Glacier
    Team Up

Happy to announce you that I am starting to work along with marseillesw.....:cool:

He will support my builds & test it before it reach you. Hope to put in some incredible works soon.

We are working to rectify the WiFi issue......Hope you guys keep supporting this build....:D
    Got the camera app, fixed red border issue, increased stability. Version is now beta 3.0...

OP will be updated soon after final testing is done.

Sent from Creamed Glacier beta 3.0