Questions and Answers thread

Search This thread

Th3l0st

Aug 21, 2012
To get it powered up try removing the battery for 30 secs then see if it'll boot. Failing that, boot into recovery, wipe dalvik and cache then reboot.
It'll take longer to boot after wiping the cache so be patient.

Once you're booted you can get the sdcard as follows. I had the same issue and it worked for me.

Check your hboot by booting into bootloader...

Note if you're on 1.25 or 1.28

You will need to edit the vold.fstab file.
Using ESFileManager or RootExplorer go to /system/etc and open vold.fstab up in Text editor and find this line

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 34 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc0

For 1.25 hboot, where it says 34 you will need to change that to 33, save the changes and reboot the phone..
For 1.28 hboot, where it says 33 you will need to change that to 34, save the changes and reboot the phone.

I'll test it if my device is working again :)
I talked in a chat with some guys and they told me my device is bricked and I have to Jtag it..
So is there the only way to save my device or can I unbrick it with Linux like some one did it with an Htc sensation?

Dunnymede

Jun 30, 2012
World
Reactions: dfcwolf

BlueAngle12

Aug 17, 2012
Erbil
Some text on my HTC Sensation XL appear

Hi, It is just about 1 week I bought HTC Sensation XL, but now some texts appear on its main screen.
today after installing GO Keyboard it appears again (screen shoot attached)

Attachments

• scn.jpg
    scn.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 41

dfcwolf

Oct 21, 2011
Miskolc
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I'm uploading that file for you, but it takes about 1 hour :(
Anyway when finished I will post the link...

Thank you! The Dev-host is working again! Thank you the help!!!

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Hi, It is just about 1 week I bought HTC Sensation XL, but now some texts appear on its main screen.
today after installing GO Keyboard it appears again (screen shoot attached)

Settings- Develop option - Show CPU usage

dfcwolf

Oct 21, 2011
Miskolc
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
G-sensor

Hi!

After some app update from the Google Play, and the phone is restart, the G-sensor is not working. If the data is wipe, the sensor work again.

How can i fix it? Thanks!

Android 4.0.3
Sense 3.6
Softvare 2.31.401.2

LZBong

Sep 8, 2012
Phone stuck in bootloop after OTA update

Hi guys, I'm completely new to this and need your help! I have a problem as follows:

My HTC Sensation XL was on ICS (updated when I got it a couple of months back). Yesterday, I received a notice telling me to upgrade to "Android 4.0 with HTC Sense 3.6". I performed the upgrade and my phone started going into boot loop. This only happens when the SIM card is inserted. If I take out the sim, the phone boots normally.

Steps I have taken so far:
1. I took it to a shop, but they couldn't fix it. I can't really tell what they did. They were unable to fix my problem.
2. I then came on to this forum, and tried a bunch of random stuff. Nothing seemed to work.
3. I loaded a bunch of stuff on, think I rooted it (lol) and other stuff too.

Currently my phone shows the following:
*** FARDJADB ***
RUNNYMEDE PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-1.25.0004
RADIO-3831.18.00.26_M
e-MMC-boot
Oct 20 2011, 00:20:33

Other info which may or may not be useful:
cid: HTC__621
Android version: 2.3.5
HTC Sense version: 3.5
Software number: 1.24.708.2

Kernel version:
2.6.35.13-g1fcdb7b
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Wed Dec 21 00:57:38 CST 2011

Baseband version
20.75.30.0833U_3831.18.00.26_M

Build number:
1.24.708.2 CL238582 release keys

As I stated, I am unable to boot it normally if a SIM is inserted. Without the SIM, I can go into what looks like a primitive version of HTC Sense.

I would like to be able to use my phone with a SIM card, preferably with the latest version of android. I'll figure out rooting and all that at a later date.
If the latest versions are not possible, it doesn't matter what would be the best method, but one of the following would be good for me:
1. Factory settings
2, Latest android/htc sense version
3. Something else?

Could you give me something more in the way of step by step instructions? I'm a newbie at this and don't really know what I'm doing. If I have bricked my phone permanently, please let me know too :(

Your replies and suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ps. If this is in the wrong section, please let me know and I will move it accordingly.

javedabbasi

Jul 12, 2010
Week radio and wifi signal

I am facing week wifi and radio signal on my XL. I am on ICS 4.0.3 with baseband 3931.15.00.16_M. Is there another radio to be flash to see any improvement.

Dunnymede

Jun 30, 2012
World
Hi guys, I'm completely new to this and need your help! I have a problem as follows:

My HTC Sensation XL was on ICS (updated when I got it a couple of months back). Yesterday, I received a notice telling me to upgrade to "Android 4.0 with HTC Sense 3.6". I performed the upgrade and my phone started going into boot loop. This only happens when the SIM card is inserted. If I take out the sim, the phone boots normally.

Steps I have taken so far:
1. I took it to a shop, but they couldn't fix it. I can't really tell what they did. They were unable to fix my problem.
2. I then came on to this forum, and tried a bunch of random stuff. Nothing seemed to work.
3. I loaded a bunch of stuff on, think I rooted it (lol) and other stuff too.

Currently my phone shows the following:
*** FARDJADB ***
RUNNYMEDE PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-1.25.0004
RADIO-3831.18.00.26_M
e-MMC-boot
Oct 20 2011, 00:20:33

Other info which may or may not be useful:
cid: HTC__621
Android version: 2.3.5
HTC Sense version: 3.5

Software number: 1.24.708.2

Kernel version:
2.6.35.13-g1fcdb7b
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Wed Dec 21 00:57:38 CST 2011

Baseband version
20.75.30.0833U_3831.18.00.26_M

Build number:
1.24.708.2 CL238582 release keys

As I stated, I am unable to boot it normally if a SIM is inserted. Without the SIM, I can go into what looks like a primitive version of HTC Sense.

I would like to be able to use my phone with a SIM card, preferably with the latest version of android. I'll figure out rooting and all that at a later date.
If the latest versions are not possible, it doesn't matter what would be the best method, but one of the following would be good for me:
1. Factory settings
2, Latest android/htc sense version
3. Something else?

Could you give me something more in the way of step by step instructions? I'm a newbie at this and don't really know what I'm doing. If I have bricked my phone permanently, please let me know too :(

Your replies and suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ps. If this is in the wrong section, please let me know and I will move it accordingly.

It seems that you are still on Gingerbread, not ICS... First I would try flashing a RUU to reset your device to original status. Try this, should fit your phone: RUU_Runnymede_hTC_Asia_TW_1.24.709.2_Radio_20.5102.30.0822_3822.11.10.30_M_release_232503_signed.exe. It is from shipped ROM on dev section. If you need more help to do that let me know.

riad

Aug 23, 2007
Is 2 way call recording possible in ICS rom's

Can anyone try 2 way call recording in ice cream sandwich roms in HTC Sensation XL ?

I have the device with Android 2.3.5, sense version 3.5, software 1.30.461.1, and 2 way recording is working (using Auto Call Recorder from the market).

i am afraid to try upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich because in a Nexux S device with ICS operating system there is NO call recording at all !

Can anyone ACTUALLY try 2 way call recording in Ice cream Sandwich Rom in HTC Sensation XL abd post the results ?

noelitoy

Sep 17, 2012
trying to root, recovery wont work

Hi Guys.

This is my first post so please be kind to me :)

im trying to gain root access on my sensation xl

this are the steps that ive done so far:

Unlock bootloader - done
type in cmd (fastboot usb) : fastboot erase cache - CMD says OKAY
fastboot flash recovery -- issue starts here
Ive flashed several recovery img already (Paul o brien, Tenfar Recovery, recovery_for_1.28.img)
CMD says OKAY but when i enter recovery (volume down to green recovery then power button) im getting only white screen with HTC logo.
it doesnt do anything unless i take out the battery.

i unstalled HTCsync as well but same thing happens.

if i do a normal start of the phone it still goes through.

ive searched everywhere in the forums but someone was able to make it work using tenfar recovery, unfortunately mine doesnt. :(

im thinking of flashing my original RUU again and start the process again.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

my phone is :
ICS 4.0.3
sense 3.6

Lexmazter

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2011
Timisoara
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
Hi Guys.

This is my first post so please be kind to me :)

im trying to gain root access on my sensation xl

this are the steps that ive done so far:

Unlock bootloader - done
type in cmd (fastboot usb) : fastboot erase cache - CMD says OKAY
fastboot flash recovery -- issue starts here
Ive flashed several recovery img already (Paul o brien, Tenfar Recovery, recovery_for_1.28.img)
CMD says OKAY but when i enter recovery (volume down to green recovery then power button) im getting only white screen with HTC logo.
it doesnt do anything unless i take out the battery.

i unstalled HTCsync as well but same thing happens.

if i do a normal start of the phone it still goes through.

ive searched everywhere in the forums but someone was able to make it work using tenfar recovery, unfortunately mine doesnt. :(

im thinking of flashing my original RUU again and start the process again.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

my phone is :
ICS 4.0.3
sense 3.6

So, you are on ICS, there is a simple way to ROOT your phone, first of all, download the tool from my signature as it does all by itself so you don't need to worry about something else, download the root .zip found here . Put your phone in fastboot, in the clasical way, make sure you have your booloader unlocked, then, when in fastboot, in the tool, flash the recovery for ICS (option 3).

After that, you can access your recovery via bootloader, this is the easiest way to do it, and maybe the safest too :)

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: noelitoy

noelitoy

Sep 17, 2012
So, you are on ICS, there is a simple way to ROOT your phone, first of all, download the tool from my signature as it does all by itself so you don't need to worry about something else, download the root .zip found here . Put your phone in fastboot, in the clasical way, make sure you have your booloader unlocked, then, when in fastboot, in the tool, flash the recovery for ICS (option 3).

After that, you can access your recovery via bootloader, this is the easiest way to do it, and maybe the safest too :)

Hope this helps :)

thank you very much for the reply. id try this once i get home. goodluck to me!

Feb 12, 2011
Hi guys, I've got what is hopefully an easy question.

I'm wanting to sell my Sensation XL, and it is currently locked to Orange. I would like to unlock it before selling since I'll get more money for it that way. Could anyone point in the right direction of what I need? I'd rather not pay those sites charging for unlock codes if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance :)

niekehecv

Sep 21, 2012
[Q] htc sensation xl has been rebooting for half an hour

after installing the zip file at the end of the rooting procedure, my phone has been rebooting for the past half an hour. anyone has any idea how long does it have to reboot?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM - mount & storage - mount usb storage - plug to computer
    how to turn of 3g on htc sensation XL,i cant find it?
    thnks

Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile networks > Network Mode > Select GSM only (WCDMA is 3G)

Voilla!

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Hi.
    How is the sound of the speakers raised?
    RCMix Runny XL v1.2 Im use this ROM

Can you be more specific? Doe you mean when the phone is ringing or when you are listening to music or in a call??

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Hi all one quick question why isn't there a ics version of sensation xl? For xe an sensation simple there is.
    It will come ? Somebody Knows when?

That is a leaked version of ICS, could be stable, could be buggy but still just for the XE

all we know for 'sure' is Q1 2012 so anytime from now till March for the ICS SXL release, just keep an ear to the ground for now
    Thank you
    I am not a Dev, but I want get sdcard up to 12 GB by resize system partition that have 4 GB unuse space!
    Do you think it is work?
    Oh, something, write where?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda app-developers app

No it wont work. and your sd card is 8 gb :)
    rooted the phone..
    recovery.img flashed..
    boot.img flashed..
    reboot into recovery..
    wipe data/factory reset..
    and then flashed RCmix3D v.12
    just as requested....
    and i got stuck in the first boot page (white HTC page) :(

wipe data/factory reset again..
    fastboot > factory reset..

and im still there

any help?
    you have to flash the Chinese ROM 1st -> boot it -> wipe -> then flash RCmix3D
    Did you flash the correct version of gapps? For 4.2.2?

Sent from my Find 5 using XDA Premium HD app

I flashed it with right gapps, and still this was happening :(

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Thank you so much for helping. :) I'd be able to do this but I can't access any of the menus in my phone as I can't press the home button. How would I go about deleting date from contacts storage without having to go to the settings menu? :confused:

I'm using clockworkmod if it helps. :)

Could I delete date from contacts storage by formatting something?

Yea and real sorry i meant to type DATA not date... Can you open setting from status bar?