5,605,373 Members 41,311 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Questions and Answers thread

Tip us?

Prof Peach
Old
Thanks Meter 817

DONATE TO ME
I know its been gone over a few times but rooted and trying to install custom rom.

Its recommended to flash Chinese boot.img, then the Chinese rom, then RCmix3d rom.
I tracked down links (thanks Vertigo) to the boot.img and chinese rom but none directly to RCmix3d rom.

Am I ok to go after the boot and Chinese rom only or is the RCmix3d install important?
If it is important, can someone post a working link please?

HTC One X (White): Rooted / CPU Var:2 (Assassin) - ROM: Seb's BugX v6.0.4 JellyBean Sense 5 - Kernel: SebsStock
HBoot: 1.39.0000 - Radio: 5.1204.167.31 Theme: None
Nexus 7 : Rooted - ROM: ParanoidAndroid 3.0
ASUS Transformer TF300T : Rooted - ROM: ★●CROMi-X 5.2a
Hit thanks if this post helped you!

[vertigo]
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 6440
You should be OK to flash any rom after the Chinese rom, that was only put in for a guaranteed way of doing it on GB, most people don't have to and I don't think it matters if your flashing an ICS rom as far as I'm aware....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Current: LG G2 [d802] Running: BeerGang v1.2 [4.4.2]
Current: Sony Xperia Z Ultra [togari] Running: BeerGang v1.2 [4.4.2]
Remember I don't do this for Donations... Just a simple thanks will suffice
The Following User Says Thank You to [vertigo] For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prof Peach
Old
(Last edited by Prof Peach; 17th July 2012 at 03:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 817

DONATE TO ME
Done the whole procedure twice now after returning to stock RUU.
When I flash the chinese rom it boots automatically from CWM without notifying me of successful install and prompting for a reboot.
Is that ok or is something wrong?

1st time I installed I had no root access and it couldn't update binary.
2nd time I had no memory which I now realize is an easy fix....... fingers x'd

I've used a version of RCmix3d rom from another source and wondered if that was the issue.
Not sure if the one linked in the guides had been specially cooked for the setup process.

***********Update.
Running now without flashing RCmix3d. Perhaps its not a good idea to sit till 6am trying to root a phone....

HTC One X (White): Rooted / CPU Var:2 (Assassin) - ROM: Seb's BugX v6.0.4 JellyBean Sense 5 - Kernel: SebsStock
HBoot: 1.39.0000 - Radio: 5.1204.167.31 Theme: None
Nexus 7 : Rooted - ROM: ParanoidAndroid 3.0
ASUS Transformer TF300T : Rooted - ROM: ★●CROMi-X 5.2a
Hit thanks if this post helped you!

[vertigo]
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 6440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Peach View Post
Done the whole procedure twice now after returning to stock RUU.
When I flash the chinese rom it boots automatically from CWM without notifying me of successful install and prompting for a reboot.
Is that ok or is something wrong?

1st time I installed I had no root access and it couldn't update binary.
2nd time I had no memory which I now realize is an easy fix....... fingers x'd

I've used a version of RCmix3d rom from another source and wondered if that was the issue.
Not sure if the one linked in the guides had been specially cooked for the setup process.

***********Update.
Running now without flashing RCmix3d. Perhaps its not a good idea to sit till 6am trying to root a phone....

Been there, done that and bought the tee shirt lol... I don't think that the RCmix3d is essential as much now as it was when we first started, because that was really the only rom we could use for a while, I also think that the chinese rom and boot.img were used to set the partitions up on GB roms, people who have gone straight to ICS generally don't need to flash them. To be honest when I went back to stock to do the OTA upgrade, I just rooted it again and flashed a rom and it worked
Current: LG G2 [d802] Running: BeerGang v1.2 [4.4.2]
Current: Sony Xperia Z Ultra [togari] Running: BeerGang v1.2 [4.4.2]
Remember I don't do this for Donations... Just a simple thanks will suffice
The Following User Says Thank You to [vertigo] For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

F4LLCON
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default Could someone help me please?

Here is my thread, I need fast help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1792788
Thanks
public static void main(String[] args) {

String current = "Current phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505";
String old = "Old phone: HTC Sensation XL";
String dead = "Dead phone: Samsung F700v";

System.out.println(current + "\n" + old + "\n" + dead);

}

run:
Current phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Old phone: HTC Sensation XL
Dead phone: Samsung F700v
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 0 seconds)

rizwankalwal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bluetooth Problem

Hi Friends,

When ever i m trying to send a file from ma sensation to other device its say paired but file is not transferring. any body has any idea

Riaes
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default SXL gets HOT!!

Hi, l have this problem on my phone, my phone gets so hot when i am listening to music and browsing(Mostly at the same time), it causes the battery drain so fast.
I didn't check how much was the temperature, but it feels so uncomfortable when it gets hot.
Does it usual for all Smartphone? or only HTC?
Seems like the problem happened after i updated to Official HTC ICS update. I seldomly used it when it was with stock rom so i am not really sure.

Lord_Vahid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stuck at Boot loader, Please Reply

Hi,
I have a Sensation XL, at first, I had a gingerbread on my phone. I updated my phone to ICS. I faced some problems with Wifi.
Then I tried to downgrade my phone. after that my hboot version was changed to 1.25 and got S-Off.
I had access to recovery but I had not access to /sdcard from recovery. I wanted to solve hat. so I changed a line with adb command and now I cannot mount /system and /sdcard.

What Can I DO?!

I tried to change my recovery. but after reboot, I got stuck on blank screen. now I have 1.28 recovery and I can go to bootloader and CWM, but I can not mount /system and /sdcard.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

My E-mail is vahid.keykhaey@gmail.com
Thanks

stona175
Old
Thanks Meter 426

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vahid View Post
Hi,
I have a Sensation XL, at first, I had a gingerbread on my phone. I updated my phone to ICS. I faced some problems with Wifi.
Then I tried to downgrade my phone. after that my hboot version was changed to 1.25 and got S-Off.
I had access to recovery but I had not access to /sdcard from recovery. I wanted to solve hat. so I changed a line with adb command and now I cannot mount /system and /sdcard.

What Can I DO?!

I tried to change my recovery. but after reboot, I got stuck on blank screen. now I have 1.28 recovery and I can go to bootloader and CWM, but I can not mount /system and /sdcard.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

My E-mail is vahid.keykhaey@gmail.com
Thanks

Download from here the recovery. USB Mounting working ok.
Quote:
HTC HD - Don't ask.......
HTC HD 2 (LEO) - Sold. The best phone i ever had !
HTC Sensation XL - Sold. AND NEVER MORE !!!
HTC One X - InsertCoin 19.0-3 + TurboBoostMOD
The Following User Says Thank You to stona175 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lord_Vahid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I did that. now I have got 6.25 4445.
Now what should I do?

thank you for your help and support