Questions and Answers thread

OP orb3000

17th July 2012, 01:54 AM   |  #261  
Flag Alnwick UK
Thanks Meter: 944

1,982 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know its been gone over a few times but rooted and trying to install custom rom.

Its recommended to flash Chinese boot.img, then the Chinese rom, then RCmix3d rom.
I tracked down links (thanks Vertigo) to the boot.img and chinese rom but none directly to RCmix3d rom.

Am I ok to go after the boot and Chinese rom only or is the RCmix3d install important?
If it is important, can someone post a working link please?
17th July 2012, 02:02 AM   |  #262  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 6,498

3,231 posts
More
You should be OK to flash any rom after the Chinese rom, that was only put in for a guaranteed way of doing it on GB, most people don't have to and I don't think it matters if your flashing an ICS rom as far as I'm aware....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to [vertigo] For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #263  
Flag Alnwick UK
Thanks Meter: 944

1,982 posts
Donate to Me
More
Done the whole procedure twice now after returning to stock RUU.
When I flash the chinese rom it boots automatically from CWM without notifying me of successful install and prompting for a reboot.
Is that ok or is something wrong?

1st time I installed I had no root access and it couldn't update binary.
2nd time I had no memory which I now realize is an easy fix....... fingers x'd

I've used a version of RCmix3d rom from another source and wondered if that was the issue.
Not sure if the one linked in the guides had been specially cooked for the setup process.

***********Update.
Running now without flashing RCmix3d. Perhaps its not a good idea to sit till 6am trying to root a phone....
Last edited by Prof Peach; 17th July 2012 at 04:24 AM.
17th July 2012, 10:15 AM   |  #264  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 6,498

3,231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Peach

Done the whole procedure twice now after returning to stock RUU.
When I flash the chinese rom it boots automatically from CWM without notifying me of successful install and prompting for a reboot.
Is that ok or is something wrong?

1st time I installed I had no root access and it couldn't update binary.
2nd time I had no memory which I now realize is an easy fix....... fingers x'd

I've used a version of RCmix3d rom from another source and wondered if that was the issue.
Not sure if the one linked in the guides had been specially cooked for the setup process.

***********Update.
Running now without flashing RCmix3d. Perhaps its not a good idea to sit till 6am trying to root a phone....

Been there, done that and bought the tee shirt lol... I don't think that the RCmix3d is essential as much now as it was when we first started, because that was really the only rom we could use for a while, I also think that the chinese rom and boot.img were used to set the partitions up on GB roms, people who have gone straight to ICS generally don't need to flash them. To be honest when I went back to stock to do the OTA upgrade, I just rooted it again and flashed a rom and it worked
The Following User Says Thank You to [vertigo] For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2012, 10:03 AM   |  #265  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 24

68 posts
More
Could someone help me please?
Here is my thread, I need fast help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1792788
Thanks
6th August 2012, 09:32 AM   |  #266  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
Bluetooth Problem
Hi Friends,

When ever i m trying to send a file from ma sensation to other device its say paired but file is not transferring. any body has any idea
7th August 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #267  
Flag Tanjungpinang
Thanks Meter: 6

94 posts
More
SXL gets HOT!!
Hi, l have this problem on my phone, my phone gets so hot when i am listening to music and browsing(Mostly at the same time), it causes the battery drain so fast.
I didn't check how much was the temperature, but it feels so uncomfortable when it gets hot.
Does it usual for all Smartphone? or only HTC?
Seems like the problem happened after i updated to Official HTC ICS update. I seldomly used it when it was with stock rom so i am not really sure.
7th August 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #268  

6 posts
Stuck at Boot loader, Please Reply
Hi,
I have a Sensation XL, at first, I had a gingerbread on my phone. I updated my phone to ICS. I faced some problems with Wifi.
Then I tried to downgrade my phone. after that my hboot version was changed to 1.25 and got S-Off.
I had access to recovery but I had not access to /sdcard from recovery. I wanted to solve hat. so I changed a line with adb command and now I cannot mount /system and /sdcard.

What Can I DO?!

I tried to change my recovery. but after reboot, I got stuck on blank screen. now I have 1.28 recovery and I can go to bootloader and CWM, but I can not mount /system and /sdcard.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

My E-mail is vahid.keykhaey@gmail.com
Thanks
7th August 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #269  
Thanks Meter: 426

739 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vahid

Hi,
I have a Sensation XL, at first, I had a gingerbread on my phone. I updated my phone to ICS. I faced some problems with Wifi.
Then I tried to downgrade my phone. after that my hboot version was changed to 1.25 and got S-Off.
I had access to recovery but I had not access to /sdcard from recovery. I wanted to solve hat. so I changed a line with adb command and now I cannot mount /system and /sdcard.

What Can I DO?!

I tried to change my recovery. but after reboot, I got stuck on blank screen. now I have 1.28 recovery and I can go to bootloader and CWM, but I can not mount /system and /sdcard.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

My E-mail is vahid.keykhaey@gmail.com
Thanks

Download from here the recovery. USB Mounting working ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to stona175 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #270  

6 posts
I did that. now I have got 6.25 4445.
Now what should I do?

thank you for your help and support

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread