5,595,918 Members 31,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help: AT&T Wants to disconnect my Galaxy Note

Tip us?

Jade Eyed Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 402
Day 2 with my Note. Something I should point out: I may have mentioned earlier on in this thread (or another one, not sure), but I did a "manual override" of my IMEI with my SGS2 way back in May by using the IMEI of an Infuse 4G display unit from the AT&T store. Basically, I asked the service rep to associate the Infuse 4G's IMEI with my phone line, and that has stayed that way ever since.

So far, that Infuse 4G IMEI is still what is registered to my line, and thus far I have had no issues whatsoever with using my Note. No texts of doom, nothing. Just a great experience so far. Hopefully it will remain this way for the foreseeable future!!

I'm posting this as an interim solution (in addition to backing up your /efs folder and deleting the contents of the original) for those of you having problems until AT&T gets the real issue fixed. Just FYI
The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Eyed Wolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phateless
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Apologize if this has already been suggested, but why don't we add a poll to isolate some patterns? Or perhaps the gentleman who spoke to AT&T via email could ask for the imei range of affected devices?
-Joshua
All you need to get a firm solar iQuote is an internet connection and 3 minutes.
http://www.sungevity.com/get-your-iq...@sungevity.com

Dropbox FTW http://db.tt/sQjzpz9
2D Gallery! - http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmjmkzmyxj

myTouch 4G Links:
PD15IMG.zip (2.2.1)
DISPLAY TEST

GenghisKhent
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Eyed Wolf View Post
I did a "manual override" of my IMEI with my SGS2 way back in May by using the IMEI of an Infuse 4G display unit from the AT&T store. Basically, I asked the service rep to associate the Infuse 4G's IMEI with my phone line, and that has stayed that way ever since.So far, that Infuse 4G IMEI is still what is registered to my line, and thus far I have had no issues whatsoever with using my Note.
This is what I did. Only difference was I did this over the phone with an AT&T tech rather than in store with a rep, and got the Infuse IMEI from my good friend Mr. Google rather than from a display unit. But the concept is exactly the same.

For whatever reason, while the Note IMEI now thankfully is associated with a phone rather than a tablet it apparently won't get you provisioned for the phone APN (at least not yet). That's basically what the AT&T tech told me. So you have to play this game of using another phone's IMEI. The AT&T people go along with it, I suspect because they realize you're not going anything wrong, and instead it is a problem with AT&T's system. Good for them!
Genghis Khent
My blog: Mobile Barbarian

xFrozen
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I have a question.
I'm not 100% sure whats been going on in this thread, but here's what I'd like to do:

- I have a SIM unlocked Motorola Atrix 4G.
- I have an unactivated AT&T SIM card.
- I'd like to have a DATA ONLY PLAN on it.
- The only thing that has data only is a tablet plan.

If I took the IMEI of a tablet and registered it to my SIM card with a 4G tablet data plan, would AT&T say or do anything if I used it on my Atrix?

Flaco05
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have an unlimited data / text smartphone plan on a Google-branded Nexus One, and I am planning on getting the unlocked Note. Will I be flagged by AT&T? If I just switch the sim card, I assume I will only be getting 3G speeds. Right? Do I need to upgrade my plan to get 4G? If so, will I lose my unlimited plan? Thank you in advance for your replies.

sl8125
Old
Thanks Meter 15
It looks it you are on an unlimited media net plan you will be flagged. If you are on a iPhone unlimited data plan you should be fine. I also looking into a note but changed my mine.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
Nexus One (AT&T) - CyanogenMod
garbagecanman Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisKhent View Post
This is what I did. Only difference was I did this over the phone with an AT&T tech rather than in store with a rep, and got the Infuse IMEI from my good friend Mr. Google rather than from a display unit. But the concept is exactly the same.

For whatever reason, while the Note IMEI now thankfully is associated with a phone rather than a tablet it apparently won't get you provisioned for the phone APN (at least not yet). That's basically what the AT&T tech told me. So you have to play this game of using another phone's IMEI. The AT&T people go along with it, I suspect because they realize you're not going anything wrong, and instead it is a problem with AT&T's system. Good for them!
So when i get my note just throw the sim in and leave the infuse imei on the account? Anything else i need to do for hspda+

Sent from my A500 ICS dream machine

guitarplayerone
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8125 View Post
It looks it you are on an unlimited media net plan you will be flagged. If you are on a iPhone unlimited data plan you should be fine. I also looking into a note but changed my mine.

This might have been mentioned somewhere in this massive thread, but why not just back up and delete the /EFS folder?

sl8125
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarplayerone View Post
This might have been mentioned somewhere in this massive thread, but why not just back up and delete the /EFS folder?
Maybe I missed it. I will have to go back and read again. If there is s way keeping my media net plan I would like to pick up a galaxy note.

Nexus One (AT&T) - CyanogenMod

LaGeek
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8125 View Post
Maybe I missed it. I will have to go back and read again. If there is s way keeping my media net plan I would like to pick up a galaxy note.

Is ATT throwing people off the medianet plan? Havent seen it yet, not on mine atleast.

Tags
at&t, galaxy note