thank u' very much man

*Bows
4th July 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #132  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianSphinx

all it took was about two hours
i may make vids about rooting and stuff as well, but im lazy and i think rudolf already done that, so im too late
the reason i made this was that when i first got my phone, it was february last year and the phone was running the eclair (so it sucked ) an i was being pushed by my friends that why i didnt have foryo and it took me literally something like 7 hours to find a 'followable' guide on flashing the xxjpa or something... anyway i thought having a really noob proof guide will be useful too ppl like me a year ago

very nice man! noob (like me) proof
The Following User Says Thank You to hectorgaleano81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2012, 08:24 PM   |  #133  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 230

841 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorgaleano81

very nice man! noob (like me) proof

Glad to see I've helped. I mean to make a ROM guide too, hopefully people will like that too.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda premium
20th July 2012, 09:05 AM   |  #134  
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 28

255 posts
Donate to Me
my phone hardbricked cuz the damn Rom Manager. can u show me how to unbrick it?

Sent from my SCH-i509 using xda app-developers app
20th July 2012, 09:31 AM   |  #135  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

841 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyGSG

my phone hardbricked cuz the damn Rom Manager. can u show me how to unbrick it?

You have to give me more info. What were you doing that hardbrickedthe phone? Whag Ron and what kernel? And how did you hardbrickedthe the phone? Screens you can access on phone?
20th July 2012, 12:21 PM   |  #136  
Flag Bekasi

255 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

You have to give me more info. What were you doing that hardbrickedthe phone? Whag Ron and what kernel? And how did you hardbrickedthe the phone? Screens you can access on phone?

have u ever use Rom Manager? its like a ****! first i have been asked to choose my handset, and then mine is not listed, and after that, i choose Dell i think. after that, i have been asked to download the recovery rom, and then it installs the recovery rom and then blam! my phone restarted and wont boot again! i tried to power+vol up+home and then inserted the battery again, ODIN recognize it, and i tried to reflash it again. but it always stuck at setup connection. can u help me with this thing?

Sent from my house
20th July 2012, 12:51 PM   |  #137  
Flag BITS-Pilani,Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 158

277 posts
More
Quote:

have u ever use Rom Manager? its like a ****! first i have been asked to choose my handset, and then mine is not listed, and after that, i choose Dell i think. after that, i have been asked to download the recovery rom, and then it installs the recovery rom and then blam! my phone restarted and wont boot again! i tried to power+vol up+home and then inserted the battery again, ODIN recognize it, and i tried to reflash it again. but it always stuck at setup connection. can u help me with this thing?

Sent from my house

It is actually volume down
Any way did you try it on other usb ports as well
Also can you navigate to recovery (mostly you won't)
20th July 2012, 12:56 PM   |  #138  
Flag Bekasi

255 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by allspark2020

Any way did you try it on other usb ports as well
Also can you navigate to recovery (mostly you won't)

vol up and vol down, odin recognize it both, now the problem is, i cant flash it and its always stuck at the setup connection. how to unstuck it, try in other USB Ports? okay i'll try it!

20th July 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #139  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

841 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allspark2020

pressing up will bring a more userfriendly message, while pressing down will get you directly to download page. NO difference at all.

Quote:

vol up and vol down, odin recognize it both, now the problem is, i cant flash it and its always stuck at the setup connection. how to unstuck it, try in other USB Ports? okay i'll try it!

Yes other USB ports, and also, why the hell did you install Dell recovery on a Samsung phone?! thats just odd
try flashing a single kernel first, preferably G3MOD 2.5 and see how that goes. installing the kernel should help you access the recovery menu, and from there everything is easy. if you successfully flash a kernel, boot. if it works, well great. if not, go to recovery, wipe EVERYTHING, dalvik, cache, system, all of 'em. after that try again to flash a ROM, something like CM7.2 is good. see if that works
21st July 2012, 04:27 AM   |  #140  
Flag Bekasi

255 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

pressing up will bring a more userfriendly message, while pressing down will get you directly to download page. NO difference at all.

Yes other USB ports, and also, why the hell did you install Dell recovery on a Samsung phone?! thats just odd
try flashing a single kernel first, preferably G3MOD 2.5 and see how that goes. installing the kernel should help you access the recovery menu, and from there everything is easy. if you successfully flash a kernel, boot. if it works, well great. if not, go to recovery, wipe EVERYTHING, dalvik, cache, system, all of 'em. after that try again to flash a ROM, something like CM7.2 is good. see if that works

actually going on here, i cant flash my gio with odin, cuz odin says
"setup connection..."
and i wait until1 hour and it didnt change! wtf...
i am stuck at setup connection, if i am not. i will flash my phone using cyanogen mod. and get out from this. the problem is, i am stuck at the setup connection. can u tell me how to fix this thing? and my phone is hardbricked like a real brick, it wont boot at all. thanks. anyway, is there any cyanogen mod fits with sch i509 or SG Y CDMA?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
howto, odin, samsung galaxy 3, tutorial, upgrade to froyo
Previous Thread Next Thread