3g turbocharger on the OV
This should work for other phones besides ours where WiFi breaks if you're using the zeppelinrox scripts.
Using zep's v6 supercharger and kick ass kernelizer and they play fine. Add the 3g turbocharger and you can't connect to any WiFi networks.
The quick way to fix:
Copy these scripts to your sd card and set them to run at boot from script manager and use the 3g turbocharger script like you have been.
The options I used when running the v6 Supercharger in the supercharger file I attached was option 5 since it's for 512MB memory phones (like ours) and the Nitro Lag Nullifier.
Here's the steps if you don't want to use my choices:
- Run the V6 Supercharger and Kick Ass Kernelizer and make your tweak changes as you normally would.
- Use a file manager and copy your generated 98KickAssKernel.sh and 99SuperCharger.sh from /system/etc/init.d/ to your SD card.
- Now rerun both scripts and undernelize/uninstall your tweaks.
- Confirm the 2 scripts above aren't in the init.d folder after you ran the script uninstallers. If they stayed after the uninstall delete them with a file manager.
- Delete the supercharger lines from /data/local/userinit.sh with a text editor.
- Run these two at boot and with root credentials from Script Manager or another scripting app (I use another script app but that's just me).
- Now run the 3G Turbocharger and it'll do it's own thing and not screw up Wifi this time.
With the 3G tweaks I ran the speedtest.net app and benchmarked my 3G speeds a few times and did notice maybe 50% gains on my 3G speeds- so in that regard I think the 3G and kernelizer scripts are more apparent then the v6 supercharger script for me.