Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy Note Offical Flip Case and Flexishield Reviews

OP le3ky

3rd December 2011, 10:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106

498 posts
Donate to Me
I got my hands on both of these cases and did a quick review if anyones interested. I have to say im impressed with the official flip case, its the one i use on a daily basis atm.

http://droid-den.com/accessory-revie...-cover-review/

http://droid-den.com/accessory-revie...d-case-review/
3rd December 2011, 07:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

247 posts
that is great, i was on the fence with the flip cover for a bit, thank you for going the extra bit and getting both!

I had the craziest of ideas but do you think with a little bit of patience and modding that you would be able to put a slice in the gel case and slip the back cover of the flip case through it and use both?

I am not sure when ill next be able to buy another phone seeing as this one started WWIII at my house and i think i may need to really baby it, i also think if its possible we might be able to use the gel case somehow to hold the flap down, tiny magnets, who knows, im just curious if you think this is possible
3rd December 2011, 07:17 PM   |  #3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
More
Flip Case is great, works like a dream and it's raised case protects the Camera Lens, unlike the factory fitted back, one slight issue is that the Note will not slip into the 'Official' car mount when it is in the Flip case. You can snip a bit from the case to help but due to the extra width (... ;) ) it stands proud on the one edge.

Samsung naughty designers...
3rd December 2011, 07:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

498 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrglass86

that is great, i was on the fence with the flip cover for a bit, thank you for going the extra bit and getting both!

I had the craziest of ideas but do you think with a little bit of patience and modding that you would be able to put a slice in the gel case and slip the back cover of the flip case through it and use both?

I am not sure when ill next be able to buy another phone seeing as this one started WWIII at my house and i think i may need to really baby it, i also think if its possible we might be able to use the gel case somehow to hold the flap down, tiny magnets, who knows, im just curious if you think this is possible

Ha, I actually tried this but must have forgot to mention it in the review. No modding required it does fit in. The case warps very very slightly on the left side where the flip case joint is, but it works reasonably well though!

Not sure about holding the flap down, but it only slightly lifts itself up, it sometimes lifts very high, but just pressing it down is enough to keep it down :P
3rd December 2011, 08:38 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

52 posts
I am thinking about using both cases togather , would you send a picture please for using them togather ?
4th December 2011, 12:44 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

43 posts
More
Been using my flip case for a couple of days. I wasn't sure at first but love it now.

Feels like part of the phone.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
4th December 2011, 06:23 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 14

247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamerh

I am thinking about using both cases togather , would you send a picture please for using them togather ?

+1 to this and also do you like your gel case enough that if you were to buy another it would be that one again or take your chances on one of the other gel cases out there? thanks for trying the two cases together too, im too broke to risk it not working.
4th December 2011, 10:10 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 44

278 posts
More
Quote:

+1

I'm thinking of just cutting the front flap and glue the side leather on top of the gel cover's side, close to the back cover's side, so it will have full range of motion. Reuse the original backcover for better fit. Then just a tiny velcro patch on the other side to keep it closed.
6th December 2011, 12:16 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

498 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamerh

Ahh ok, I'll do this tonight :P

Quote:

+1 to this and also do you like your gel case enough that if you were to buy another it would be that one again or take your chances on one of the other gel cases out there? thanks for trying the two cases together too, im too broke to risk it not working.

I don't think so, to be honest I'm not really a fan of gel cases anyway so I wouldn't buy any. Flexishield ones are the most popular gel ones tho :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian

+1

I'm thinking of just cutting the front flap and glue the side leather on top of the gel cover's side, close to the back cover's side, so it will have full range of motion. Reuse the original backcover for better fit. Then just a tiny velcro patch on the other side to keep it closed.

Good idea, its better to keep the full range, because I would hate the flip cover if it didn't flip all the way around.
The Following User Says Thank You to le3ky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2011, 07:15 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 10

137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian

+1

Please post pictures how you do that and what glue you use for it to hold for long time, and look aesthetic.

I would like to do the same probably

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread