Originally Posted by mx3racer
hi al today i bought my sensation xe
a upgrade for my hd2
its a nice phone but i am addicted on flashing
i tried to flash my sensation xe but have the following problem
my hboot version is 1.18
i cant use the software from revolutionary.io then
i found a other solution witjh htcdev.com
and i have unlocked my boot loader.
but when i start up my phone the bootloader says
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-on RL
Aug 2 2001,22.35.52
i see the problem that s-on
but how i change it when my status says unlocked?
becouse i cant istall cwm now
a old hd2 flasher addictive
I recently did this to my sensation... unlocked with HTC dev, but turns out you cant do much with that, so from here you need to:
1. plug in you phone with usb debugging enabled and find appropriate cmw version for your phone
2. use the environment you set up with the Dev tool to flash recovery (i.e. boot to bootloader and open that same command window with fastboot in it)
You may need to look it up, but to flash recovery from here, i believe the command is "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" assuming you have renamed the recovery. (this is in JTniggle's guide)
That worked for me, you now have custom recovery, make backups etc...
3. now follow this thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1494158
- credit to SDemon700 for making it, saved my phone
4. make sure you follow the sub posts in his guide... i.e. JTniggle's guide helped most - dont forget to flash su.zip as it enables root (flash through recovery after)
NOTE - to get the "stock experience" rom to work, i had to flash the boot.img through the htc dev environment
"fastboot flash boot boot.img"
The boot.img can be extracted from the rom's zip file.
Once flashed i installed the rest of the rom from the zip in cmw and the rom worked
And as said in the guide, from here revolutionary.io works perfectly
Hope that helps, worked for me and im now running virtuous inquisition