Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 53,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which is easier to tweak/mod?
iPhone, iOS (jailbroken) 16 11.27%
Android, custom ROM, Rooted 113 79.58%
About the same 5 3.52%
Not sure 8 5.63%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Why iPhone is better than Android?

Tip us?

THE_KINGDOM
Old
(Last edited by THE_KINGDOM; 27th July 2012 at 10:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Default Why iPhone is better than Android?

".....
PHONE: Nexus 5 | White | 32GB
OTHER MEDIA DEVICE: Nexus Q - CM
KERNEL: ---
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE_KINGDOM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
cdaly985 Old
Thanks Meter
Default +1

Posting this on an android forum your going to get major disagreements, but I totally support you. Switched from an iPhone 3Gs to a Nexus S and I would change back in a heartbeat!
Everythings so much more, polished, okay not as many mods, etc for battery life but the battery lasted so much longer anyway!

THE_KINGDOM
Old
(Last edited by THE_KINGDOM; 3rd December 2011 at 10:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaly985 View Post
Posting this on an android forum your going to get major disagreements, but I totally support you. Switched from an iPhone 3Gs to a Nexus S and I would change back in a heartbeat!
Everythings so much more, polished, okay not as many mods, etc for battery life but the battery lasted so much longer anyway!
that's exactly what I want, i want people to argue their case, i've explained through personal experience why I feel this way, if somebody beg's to differ, I want them to explain why! Please enlighten me!
As it stands there are more mod's and tweaks available for a Jailbroken iOS!

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3030
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation .

Thread moved to Q&A due to it being a question. Would advise you to read forum rules and post in correct section.

Failure to comply with forum rules will result in an infraction and/or ban depending on severity of rule break.
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orb3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TDMaster
Old
Thanks Meter 10
i jailbroke and unlocked a lot of iphones i must that iOS is a dry OS with nothing to look for too after i saw the iOS 5... also iTunes is a Piece of **** of a program..
i cant imagine myself need to jailbreak everytime i update the phone it kinda annoying and insane..
Device : LG Nexus 5 32GB
Android Version : 4.4.4

Device : Asus Nexus 7 2003 16GB
Android Version : 4.4.4

Device : HTC Windows Phone 8S
OS Version : Windows Phone 8

THE_KINGDOM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDMaster View Post
i jailbroke and unlocked a lot of iphones i must that iOS is a dry OS with nothing to look for too after i saw the iOS 5... also iTunes is a Piece of **** of a program..
i cant imagine myself need to jailbreak everytime i update the phone it kinda annoying and insane..
the iOS updates only come once every few months, and only when major updates are required. In this case, u wait until that release is jailbreakable and hold off. In the mean time u can find apps that backup all ur tweaks and settings so its a simple backup and restore process once u re-jailbreak on the newer firmware. no biggy.
iOS is only dry if you don't tweak it, if u use all the tweaks and addons, lockinfo screen, biteSMS, sbsettings, home screens, dock modifiers, it's all there.
I don't see how you can say it's dry if the apps on iOS look pristine compared to Android apps

Stupidusername7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Android is easier to work with

THE_KINGDOM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupidusername7 View Post
Android is easier to work with
easier to work with how?! have u used a jailbroken iPhone?? at least explain

lowandbehold
Old
Thanks Meter 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKROB86 View Post
easier to work with how?! have u used a jailbroken iPhone?? at least explain
The only thing jailbreaking really allows is the use of 3rd party apps...which android can do out of the box. Not a shot at you, but you probably don't know enough about android or computers in general to have a clear cut idea of what you can really do. The ability to use adb and fastboot and apply System themes (not just overlays) make the possibilities endless. The ability to change between sense, touchwiz, blur and AOSP ROM's. Changing fonts, creating your own app icons, bootanimations, splash screens. Android gives you the tools to easily do these things on your own, not just use someone elses. You can create your own theme in 10 minutes online.

Cydia would not be possible for Android. The tweaks and mods android uses go much much deeper into the system than anything on Iphone. Changes made to the system are not compatible for every phone. And with the such high number of android phones it would make it an almost impossible app to keep up with, and not really worth the time.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lowandbehold For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danikron
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm going to leave most of this topic alone, as I've never used an iPhone and therefore have no way of countering any claims made in its favour, however I must point out that I don't consider the availability of pirated apps when I decide on which phone to purchase.

If you can afford a $600 phone you can probably afford to buy a few apps as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danikron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, comparison, iphone, modding, tweaks
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe