5,596,784 Members 47,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][THE S-OFF CAMPAIGN] We need electrical engineers & experts in JTAG, OpenOCD!

Tip us?

Wolf Pup
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
You have go to get that UBOOT on my phone right now! And add ADB and fastboot support, of course! It's a shame. You have a brilliant bootloader, but it doesn't support basic Android utils. Can't have the best of both worlds.

I've been wondering what would happen if all the devs suddenly ditched us. By the way, you remember the first exploit? The one where you have that zip you flash in HBOOT, that you leave on the root of the SD card? What did that actually do, other then brick the camera?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using XDA
Devices:

SGS3 Intl (Current Device)
HTC WFS (Stolen)
HTC TyTn (WM6)

Fun Stuff:

I have a TARDIS. All my messages are sent from my TARDIS. I also have a Sonic Screwdriver.
I'm a Doctor Who addict.
I like Minecraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by conantroutman View Post
You people make me sick......

If you wish, please drop me an internet. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf Pup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alc027
Old
(Last edited by alc027; 25th April 2012 at 11:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Wolf View Post
You have go to get that UBOOT on my phone right now!
Is that DAS BOOT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theq86 View Post
I attached my misc.img.

What you have to do is: make sure your sdcard works (should do after enableqxdm), go into your rom (must be rooted), get the flash_image tool (it is inside one of the attached files in this thread) and then do: flash_image misc /mnt/sdcard/misc.img
!!!!THANKS!!!!

no.human.being
Old
Thanks Meter 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by alc027 View Post
Is that DAS BOOT?
It's "Das U-Boot". It's a play on words. U-Boot is short for "Universal Bootloader", but it is also German for "submarine" and "das" is the definite article, like "the" in English, so "Das U-Boot" means "the submarine".

alc027
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by no.human.being View Post
It's "Das U-Boot". It's a play on words. U-Boot is short for "Universal Bootloader", but it is also German for "submarine" and "das" is the definite article, like "the" in English, so "Das U-Boot" means "the submarine".
Lol... I didn't know UBOOT was a real thing, just a misspelling of HBOOT, and made a joke about it. In particular it stands for unterseeboot which means literally Undersea Boat.

no.human.being
Old
Thanks Meter 1074
Quote:
Lol... I didn't know UBOOT was a real thing, just a misspelling of HBOOT, and made a joke about it. In particular it stands for unterseeboot which means literally Undersea Boat.
Lol! UBOOT is the bootloader for embedded Linux. It's GPLed software and boots practically all "non-smartphone/tablet/pda" embedded devices, like routers, satellite receivers (in fact it also boots the actual satellites themselves ), printers, etc.

alc027
Old
(Last edited by alc027; 25th April 2012 at 11:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
I attached my misc.img.

What you have to do is: make sure your sdcard works (should do after enableqxdm), go into your rom (must be rooted), get the flash_image tool (it is inside one of the attached files in this thread) and then do: flash_image misc /mnt/sdcard/misc.img
All good mate, thanks heaps. No ADB or UMS made root challenging. I used Wifi Sync Manager and Terminal Emulator (it's painful as hell trying to find underscores and overloading operators on the stock HTC keyboard). All sorted now.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Any ideas how we went wrong in the first place? And how did you have the foresight to back up your misc partition?

Antagonist42
Old
(Last edited by Antagonist42; 26th April 2012 at 02:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 168
ALWAYS back it up before if you can as you're essentially entering deep water with flashing or you can leave your BRICK in the water lol

Unlike MY phone which I tried CWM Titanium and dd and a few dump apps but ended up with nothing but finally found Xakep on Club-Acer.ru who managed to work out a Rom Flash to get root on ACER C6 .... all I have to do now is work out how to regain my Radio version back up to 1.013.0000 from 1.008.0000 (although the actual Radio is still 1.013 I think) seeing as now neither Xakep update or ACER EUU will NOT complete now
Wanna get inside what ya got, gotta get out and find it..I found some!
THE END IS NIGH....S-OFF HERE WE COME...
The Latest ACER E320/C6 Rom From Xakep - Very Slick
ACER E320 1.005.00 ROM EUU
The Following User Says Thank You to Antagonist42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Antagonist42
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Here's a list of all the NAND chips I've come across mentioned within files for updates for HTC devices (including this bleeding ACER ) and I think if I remember rightly the one that least shows up is probably your chip (as that's how I found out mine before actually confirming it was that one....kinda a hunch)...

MICRON MT29F4G16ABC
MT29F2G08ABD
MT29F2G16AAD

SAMSUNG KA100H002G

NUMONYX NAND02GR4B2D
NAND04GR4B2D

SAMSUNG K524G2GACB

HYNIX H8BCS0UN0MCR

MICRON MT29F1G08
MT29F1G16

KFW4G16Q2M-DEB8
KFN4G16Q2M-DEB6
KFM4G16Q2A

Let me know which you may have and I'll see what I can find on them, not sure how much space is on them but mine is the MT29F4G16ABC so whatever the 4G comes to in real Mb (4G is Giga bit NOT Bytes).....
..... found it lol 512Mb (that's why 512Mb of Ram runs out so fast loading so much into it that's why my old LG GT540 has about as many apps as this ACER before it's full ) right where's my adb and hex edit? I'm having this!
Wanna get inside what ya got, gotta get out and find it..I found some!
THE END IS NIGH....S-OFF HERE WE COME...
The Latest ACER E320/C6 Rom From Xakep - Very Slick
ACER E320 1.005.00 ROM EUU
The Following User Says Thank You to Antagonist42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theq86
Old
Thanks Meter 708

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
EDIT: Any ideas how we went wrong in the first place? And how did you have the foresight to back up your misc partition?
I'm a professional application developer. I'd even make a backup of my girlfriend if it were possible. That's Rule1 before you touch anything. Backup, Backup, Backup!
Please Search the forums and ask your questions there. I'm no personal supporter.
HTC One (m7_ul)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theq86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heavy_metal_man
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 640

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm a professional application developer. I'd even make a backup of my girlfriend if it were possible. That's Rule1 before you touch anything. Backup, Backup, Backup!
LMFAO legend!!

Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....

The Following User Says Thank You to heavy_metal_man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
bootloader, campaign, dev, exploit, hboot, htc, kernel, radio, s-off, secu-flag, wildfire s