[ROM][Updated: 12/26] IceCream Sense v1.2 - Sense 1.0

Search This thread

00McD00

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org
ThreadBannerroms.png

Let me preface this by saying: THIS IS NOT BASED ON ANDROID 4.0...I'm not that good. Are you dying to use Ice Cream Sandwich, but need a fully functioning rom? Well I was in your shoes, so I developed this rom. This is as close as you can get to ICS without actually using it. It is extremely heavily themed with over 700 pngs from both the ICS system dump and the Slate theme from HTC. I think you will really enjoy it!

Normal disclaimer about how flashing a rom can be dangerous for your phone and such. Please always perform a backup before flashing any of my work (or anything really). If you some how mess up your phone it's your fault, not mine. You are not allowed to sue me, all you'd get would be student loans anyways.​

THANKS
-Thanks to Brad560 for putting together this great stock base!
-Thanks to Joelz for the native screenshot.
-Thanks to Ca1ne for the advanced power menu.
-Thanks to For.digit for porting the ICS Keyboard.
-Thanks to Ca1ne again for the Quicksettings.
-Thanks to Jjdoctor for his volume-rocker wake mod.
-Thanks to Tommytomatoe for his swapped Rosie.
-Thanks to the entire Android community!

*And a very big and special thanks to Gruesomewolf, that man definitely did wonders to help this rom get off the ground*

EvoIceCreamSense.png

FEATURES
-Based on official 4.54 GB RUU
-Native screenshot (hold power button+home button for about 3 seconds)
-Advanced power menu
-Notification quick settings
-Fully customized and ICS themed Rosie
-ICS screen transitions
-Custom themed settings menu
-ICS themed status bar
-CRT screen animations
-Volume rocker screen wake
-ICS themed dialer (Thanks to Devildog)
-ICS UI sounds
-New Google Roboto font
-Removed all CarrierIQ Agent apps
-Galaxy Nexus boot animation
-ICS ported keyboard
-MASSIVELY themed with ICS and Slate pngs...hella sick
-Lots, lots more but that is everything notable

ISSUES
-My keyboard wouldn't come up on first boot, again for no apparent reason, worked fine after a reboot.
*If you can't get the keyboard to come up even after rebooting, then you can flash the stock HTC keyboard (3rd post) and just install the ICS one from the market.
-Graphical issues when setting an alarm (still 100% functional). Trying to find cause.

Last edited:

00McD00

Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org

v1.2 (12/26)
-Removed Tweaks: causing graphical issues, will reinstate after Tommy puts out his update
-Added MIUI battery bar option (change via app in app drawer)- Thanks pvyParts!
-Updated Wireless Tether and Adobe Flash
-Updated some more icons: bluetooth-statusbar, airplane mode-statusbar, volume silent-statusbar, ICS themed folders
**I am out of town for the holidays and do not have my Evo with me. So please check everything in this list to make sure that it is working and report back if not. Thank you.

v1.1 (12/18)
-Replaced roaming signal icons with ICS
-Fixed Adobe Reader FCing
-Updated GMaps and Flash
-Added Tweaks.apk: big thanks to (the now happily married) TommyTomatoe for this one!
-Fix missing wrong "dock" icon in settings
-Fixed phone # alignment during in-call
-Fix missing signal icon
-Fix graphical issue with Mail.apk
-Added Mms.apk w/o compression
-Added 1x data icon functionality
*Change clock color in "tweaks", for ICS blue type: ff3792b4
**Not all tweaks in app are functioning, so please don't report those which don't work :)

v1.0 (12/5)
-Initial release

Last edited:

00McD00

Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org
MODS
-Stock HTC keyboard (will replace the installed ICS one, but you can still install from the market): LINK
-Mod for standard 4x4 app drawer: LINK
-Mod for Rosie remap to LaunchKey, app included in zip (w/ custom ICS-ish android icon): LINK
-Mod for Rosie remap to LaunchKey, app included in zip (w/ standard ICS browser icon): LINK
-Animated ICS clock widget (by me): LINK

screenshot1322029241450.png

*weather widget is Beautiful Widgets 4x1 with Flat White skin

Last edited:

DertyDOH

Dec 30, 2010
saw this in the droid incredible section and was actually wishing it was on Evo so I could try it, looks great

Reactions: coolthecat

ku_

Aug 3, 2010
Tampa Fl.
Want to try this out just seen the post.... (something about working of flights ....damn it man)

00McD00

Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org

davidoe

Apr 2, 2011
San Juan
woooooooooowwwwww looks pretty niceeeeeee download links for test on my evo, ley me know súper fine Work saludos rom Puerto Rico

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ThreadBannerroms.png

Let me preface this by saying: THIS IS NOT BASED ON ANDROID 4.0...I'm not that good. Are you dying to use Ice Cream Sandwich, but need a fully functioning rom? Well I was in your shoes, so I developed this rom. This is as close as you can get to ICS without actually using it. It is extremely heavily themed with over 700 pngs from both the ICS system dump and the Slate theme from HTC. I think you will really enjoy it!

Normal disclaimer about how flashing a rom can be dangerous for your phone and such. Please always perform a backup before flashing any of my work (or anything really). If you some how mess up your phone it's your fault, not mine. You are not allowed to sue me, all you'd get would be student loans anyways.​

THANKS
    -Thanks to Brad560 for putting together this great stock base!
    -Thanks to Joelz for the native screenshot.
    -Thanks to Ca1ne for the advanced power menu.
    -Thanks to For.digit for porting the ICS Keyboard.
    -Thanks to Ca1ne again for the Quicksettings.
    -Thanks to Jjdoctor for his volume-rocker wake mod.
    -Thanks to Tommytomatoe for his swapped Rosie.
    -Thanks to the entire Android community!

*And a very big and special thanks to Gruesomewolf, that man definitely did wonders to help this rom get off the ground*

EvoIceCreamSense.png

FEATURES
    -Based on official 4.54 GB RUU
    -Native screenshot (hold power button+home button for about 3 seconds)
    -Advanced power menu
    -Notification quick settings
    -Fully customized and ICS themed Rosie
    -ICS screen transitions
    -Custom themed settings menu
    -ICS themed status bar
    -CRT screen animations
    -Volume rocker screen wake
    -ICS themed dialer (Thanks to Devildog)
    -ICS UI sounds
    -New Google Roboto font
    -Removed all CarrierIQ Agent apps
    -Galaxy Nexus boot animation
    -ICS ported keyboard
    -MASSIVELY themed with ICS and Slate pngs...hella sick
    -Lots, lots more but that is everything notable

ISSUES
    -My keyboard wouldn't come up on first boot, again for no apparent reason, worked fine after a reboot.
    *If you can't get the keyboard to come up even after rebooting, then you can flash the stock HTC keyboard (3rd post) and just install the ICS one from the market.
    -Graphical issues when setting an alarm (still 100% functional). Trying to find cause.

v1.2 (12/26)
    -Removed Tweaks: causing graphical issues, will reinstate after Tommy puts out his update
    -Added MIUI battery bar option (change via app in app drawer)- Thanks pvyParts!
    -Updated Wireless Tether and Adobe Flash
    -Updated some more icons: bluetooth-statusbar, airplane mode-statusbar, volume silent-statusbar, ICS themed folders
    **I am out of town for the holidays and do not have my Evo with me. So please check everything in this list to make sure that it is working and report back if not. Thank you.

v1.1 (12/18)
    -Replaced roaming signal icons with ICS
    -Fixed Adobe Reader FCing
    -Updated GMaps and Flash
    -Added Tweaks.apk: big thanks to (the now happily married) TommyTomatoe for this one!
    -Fix missing wrong "dock" icon in settings
    -Fixed phone # alignment during in-call
    -Fix missing signal icon
    -Fix graphical issue with Mail.apk
    -Added Mms.apk w/o compression
    -Added 1x data icon functionality
    *Change clock color in "tweaks", for ICS blue type: ff3792b4
    **Not all tweaks in app are functioning, so please don't report those which don't work :)

v1.0 (12/5)
    -Initial release
    MODS
    -Stock HTC keyboard (will replace the installed ICS one, but you can still install from the market): LINK
    -Mod for standard 4x4 app drawer: LINK
    -Mod for Rosie remap to LaunchKey, app included in zip (w/ custom ICS-ish android icon): LINK
    -Mod for Rosie remap to LaunchKey, app included in zip (w/ standard ICS browser icon): LINK
    -Animated ICS clock widget (by me): LINK

screenshot1322029241450.png

*weather widget is Beautiful Widgets 4x1 with Flat White skin
    Did you ever figure out a fix for the Market crashing every time search is pressed?

Im uploading the rom now....with the market issue fixed, and wi-fi working.

I want to be clear that all I did was fix some images inside the framework-res, and a couple other small issues. This is the same rom it was, and I will let MCD continue on with further development from here.

@MCD.....if you need anything else, you know how to contact me

Enjoy :D
    Alright guys, I got everyone that I need. Thanks for the interest! Will report back once I have heard back with everything/made adjustments.