Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Lapdock HDMI

OP zanzee

21st February 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #91  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by system02

Hi, as the Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC S and the upcoming Xperia S have a HDMI-Port, too: Will it be possible to use the Lapdock with some cables and the Xperia ARC S for Document editing and Webbrowsing??
Thanks

I can be certain that video and audio output would work with the appropriate adapter (the one i mentioned above will be necessary for the lapdock side) and cable for your device's output type.
USB on the other hand may or may not work. It all depends on whether your device supports acting as a USB host, in order to work with the USB HID keyboard and mouse of the lapdock.

Find out and please let us know. And remember that the USB port pushes 5V over the red usb wire!
Last edited by phire420; 21st February 2012 at 10:46 PM.
23rd February 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #92  
Mgamerz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phire420

I can be certain that video and audio output would work with the appropriate adapter (the one i mentioned above will be necessary for the lapdock side) and cable for your device's output type.
USB on the other hand may or may not work. It all depends on whether your device supports acting as a USB host, in order to work with the USB HID keyboard and mouse of the lapdock.

Find out and please let us know. And remember that the USB port pushes 5V over the red usb wire!

Depends on what it does over hdmi. Mirroring maybe, but something like entertainment center wont be useful for document editing

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk on AT&T, the company that disappoints me so much that I have to use my tapatalk signature to tell everyone
29th February 2012, 04:08 PM   |  #93  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairsofter1138

I hate to derail this thread, but can anybody confirm what happens when you attempt to use HDMI mirroring with the lapdock? More specifically, does the lapdock retain trackpad and keyboard functionality on the Atrix, even without webtop? It would also be helpful to mention if you are on a Blurred or CM -based ROM

I kind of want to get one of these since they're so cheap, but I would much rather use the phone itself without all that webtop crap getting in my way.

I am using a CM7 based rom, and it works pretty well with the lapdock, with HDMI mirroring. The resolution is a bit crappy, but the developers are working on it, so it will probably get better.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghei

I received the lapdock today, and flipped the connectors around for my Atrix 2 which was relatively easy.

Could you post some pictures with the connectors flipped around? Maybe even step by step instructions on how to do it?
7th March 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #94  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
455 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkha

I am using a CM7 based rom, and it works pretty well with the lapdock, with HDMI mirroring. The resolution is a bit crappy, but the developers are working on it, so it will probably get better.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------



Could you post some pictures with the connectors flipped around? Maybe even step by step instructions on how to do it?

Just discovered today that the Atrix 2 will not power the 4g lapdock once the battery on the lapdock dies. So lame.
29th March 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #95  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Thought I'd share this, long time lurker first time poster

I got myself a Lapdock 500, and I do plan on adding normal HDMI and USB connections for use with a SFF gaming rig, so I disassembled my unit and took these pictures- Enjoy!

Notes:
Looks like that HDMI/USB connection is a pain. The LCD and USB for the webcam share a standard connection type. There is one unused 8-pin header, maybe for another battery? There is PLENTY of room in that system for addons! Or maybe an internal 19v power pack... That's probobly going to be my goal.

hxxp://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8083/img20120329122609.jpg
hxxp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1606/img20120329122518.jpg

Also, ungh: I have not made 8 posts yet.
29th March 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #96  
Mgamerz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghei

Just discovered today that the Atrix 2 will not power the 4g lapdock once the battery on the lapdock dies. So lame.

It would last well less than an hour... like 10 mins

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk on AT&T, the company that disappoints me so much that I have to use my tapatalk signature to tell everyone
1st April 2012, 12:20 AM   |  #97  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Hello, I bought a droid bionic lapdock on impulse from 1saleaday yesterday. I have a galaxy nexus and I understand I can use it as an hdmi monitor but I was googling around to see how I could connect the keyb/mouse and came across this:

mbed.org/users/chema/notebook/barcode-scanner-usb-hid-over-bluetooth/

If I understand correctly this can be used instead of the wt12 as well:
sparkfun.com/products/10823

Any comments on how easy/hard it would be?

Thanks
Last edited by antonymjoy; 1st April 2012 at 12:27 AM.
2nd April 2012, 06:40 AM   |  #98  
Mgamerz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
757 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonymjoy

Hello, I bought a droid bionic lapdock on impulse from 1saleaday yesterday. I have a galaxy nexus and I understand I can use it as an hdmi monitor but I was googling around to see how I could connect the keyb/mouse and came across this:

mbed.org/users/chema/notebook/barcode-scanner-usb-hid-over-bluetooth/

If I understand correctly this can be used instead of the wt12 as well:
sparkfun.com/products/10823

Any comments on how easy/hard it would be?

Thanks

As long as its perfect USB and needs no additional drivers then it'll be easy. Otherwise...

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk on AT&T, the company that disappoints me so much that I have to use my tapatalk signature to tell everyone
3rd April 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #99  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
779 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzard1

Thought I'd share this, long time lurker first time poster

I got myself a Lapdock 500, and I do plan on adding normal HDMI and USB connections for use with a SFF gaming rig, so I disassembled my unit and took these pictures- Enjoy!

Notes:
Looks like that HDMI/USB connection is a pain. The LCD and USB for the webcam share a standard connection type. There is one unused 8-pin header, maybe for another battery? There is PLENTY of room in that system for addons! Or maybe an internal 19v power pack... That's probobly going to be my goal.

hxxp://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8083/img20120329122609.jpg
hxxp://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1606/img20120329122518.jpg

Also, ungh: I have not made 8 posts yet.

I got a usb ext and hdmi ext...and I am having issues with CM9 mirroring...it keeps going on/off on the lapdock and the keyboard/mouse is not working. Do you think its because of the USB extension cable I got..I don't know if its 5 pin or not.
8th April 2012, 12:02 AM   |  #100  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
779 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Got a new USB wire, (5 wire) and I'm getting the same result. So if anyone if wondering, Lapdock 500 DOES NOT work with the Atrix 4G.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes