Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 41,321 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lapdock HDMI

Tip us?
 
phantoms8
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2011
@callen81, I see there are 2 HDMI to micro HDMI connectors on dealextreme. The one you've posted is $5, and the other one is $4.10. The cheaper one also has a smaller form factor. Maybe it'll fix without any modifications. Anyway, I just wanna ask is there any reason why you've decided to purchase the expensive one? Thanks!

Here is the link to the cheaper one.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/hdmi-ma...-adapter-66079
 
SpeedBrkr
Old
#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2011
Awesome find callen81!

If I get a "Gold Plated HDMI Female to HDMI Female Adapter/Converter" (search on dealextreme) coupled with the HDMI Male to Micro HDMI Female Adapter, I should be good to go right?

@callen81: Out of curiosity do you happen to have Rock Band 2 with a Rock Band 2 Guitar? If so, I'd love for you to run the auto-calibration test on the Laptop monitor and let us know what the Video Response Time is (aka input lag). If it's under 16.6ms, then it is considered sub 1 frame lag. If you don't have this, I'll do this test myself when I get my Laptop monitor up and running and report back!
 
shanghei
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 452
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by callen81 View Post
The lapdock keyboard and touchpad work just like a normal USB keyboard and mouse. I just used a ps3 as a good proof of concept. But it'll work on anything else that has HDMI / DVI and USB. I'm going to use mine as a cheap rack controller with a KVM.
Any chance you can take a pic of the splicing?
Current Devices
Motorla Atrix HD Maxx
Samsung Galaxy S3


Past Phones
Motorola Razr HD GSM
HTC One X - Galaxy Nexus - Motorola Atrix 2
Motorola Atrix - Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
Samsung Captivate - HTC Evo
Iphone 4 - Iphone 3gs - Iphone 3g - Iphone 2g
 
zanzee
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 169
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
Awesome find callen81!

If I get a "Gold Plated HDMI Female to HDMI Female Adapter/Converter" (search on dealextreme) coupled with the HDMI Male to Micro HDMI Female Adapter, I should be good to go right?

@callen81: Out of curiosity do you happen to have Rock Band 2 with a Rock Band 2 Guitar? If so, I'd love for you to run the auto-calibration test on the Laptop monitor and let us know what the Video Response Time is (aka input lag). If it's under 16.6ms, then it is considered sub 1 frame lag. If you don't have this, I'll do this test myself when I get my Laptop monitor up and running and report back!
I don't have Rock Band, that HDMI micro female to HDMI male looks identical to the one I have. Looks just to be cheaper? As well I just used a hdmi female to female gender bender for a wall plate and it seems to have worked fine. A HDMI extension cable would probably be ideal.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - N900w8 - debloated stock 4.3, Samsung Galaxy S III - i747m - Jellybean 4.3 Task650, Asus Transformer Prime 64gb champagne - AndroWook Hairy Bean v1.51, Motorola Atrix - Cyanogenmod 10.1, Google Nexus 1 - Cyanogenmod 7.2, Tilt/Kaiser - WM6.5, HP 6515 - WM2003SE, HTC Tornado WM6.5, Palm Treo 600, Nokia 3220, Nokia 3310.
 
shanghei
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 452
Join Date: Oct 2008
Where did you get the female micro usb as well? FRom video it looks like the hdmi adapter takes up almost all the room so I am just wondering how hard is it to fit them plugged in at same time
Current Devices
Motorla Atrix HD Maxx
Samsung Galaxy S3


Past Phones
Motorola Razr HD GSM
HTC One X - Galaxy Nexus - Motorola Atrix 2
Motorola Atrix - Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
Samsung Captivate - HTC Evo
Iphone 4 - Iphone 3gs - Iphone 3g - Iphone 2g
 
mamoranto
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 68
Join Date: Aug 2006
Is there anyway to make an extender (female to male) for both the HDMI and USB connections? I would love to be able to use my atrix as a webcam for skype or goggle talk since the screen blocks the view of the phone when the lapdock screen is up.
 
zanzee
Old
#17  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 169
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghei View Post
Where did you get the female micro usb as well? FRom video it looks like the hdmi adapter takes up almost all the room so I am just wondering how hard is it to fit them plugged in at same time
I had to file both the hdmi and micro usb female plugs down a bit, far as an extension cable for the atrix itself it wouldn't work as more then usb data is sent though the usb plug.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - N900w8 - debloated stock 4.3, Samsung Galaxy S III - i747m - Jellybean 4.3 Task650, Asus Transformer Prime 64gb champagne - AndroWook Hairy Bean v1.51, Motorola Atrix - Cyanogenmod 10.1, Google Nexus 1 - Cyanogenmod 7.2, Tilt/Kaiser - WM6.5, HP 6515 - WM2003SE, HTC Tornado WM6.5, Palm Treo 600, Nokia 3220, Nokia 3310.
 
acoustique
Old
#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default Mac Mini?

All the more reason to pick up the dock while its being sold for $50 on ATT.

Someone should connect this to a Mac Mini and you would have your very own PAAH (Portable as Hell Hackintosh)
 
zanzee
Old
#19  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 169
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustique View Post
All the more reason to pick up the dock while its being sold for $50 on ATT.

Someone should connect this to a Mac Mini and you would have your very own PAAH (Portable as Hell Hackintosh)
You should look at the pandaboards, full opmap4 dev board with hdmi.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - N900w8 - debloated stock 4.3, Samsung Galaxy S III - i747m - Jellybean 4.3 Task650, Asus Transformer Prime 64gb champagne - AndroWook Hairy Bean v1.51, Motorola Atrix - Cyanogenmod 10.1, Google Nexus 1 - Cyanogenmod 7.2, Tilt/Kaiser - WM6.5, HP 6515 - WM2003SE, HTC Tornado WM6.5, Palm Treo 600, Nokia 3220, Nokia 3310.
 
gerrynjr
Old
#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2007
I plan on doing the same thing.

Ordered two of the link below thanks to your testing.
hxxp://wwx.sparkfun.com/products/9614

Plan on soldering them together to make a clean adapter. (Without the +5v connected, or with to power a beagleboard using the OTG port)

Had to de-link the post b/c I'm a "new" poster... long time lurker though

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes