Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Lapdock HDMI

OP zanzee

5th December 2011, 07:09 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
@callen81, I see there are 2 HDMI to micro HDMI connectors on dealextreme. The one you've posted is $5, and the other one is $4.10. The cheaper one also has a smaller form factor. Maybe it'll fix without any modifications. Anyway, I just wanna ask is there any reason why you've decided to purchase the expensive one? Thanks!

Here is the link to the cheaper one.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/hdmi-ma...-adapter-66079
5th December 2011, 08:31 AM   |  #12  

2 posts
Awesome find callen81!

If I get a "Gold Plated HDMI Female to HDMI Female Adapter/Converter" (search on dealextreme) coupled with the HDMI Male to Micro HDMI Female Adapter, I should be good to go right?

@callen81: Out of curiosity do you happen to have Rock Band 2 with a Rock Band 2 Guitar? If so, I'd love for you to run the auto-calibration test on the Laptop monitor and let us know what the Video Response Time is (aka input lag). If it's under 16.6ms, then it is considered sub 1 frame lag. If you don't have this, I'll do this test myself when I get my Laptop monitor up and running and report back!
5th December 2011, 02:50 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 62

453 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by callen81

The lapdock keyboard and touchpad work just like a normal USB keyboard and mouse. I just used a ps3 as a good proof of concept. But it'll work on anything else that has HDMI / DVI and USB. I'm going to use mine as a cheap rack controller with a KVM.

Any chance you can take a pic of the splicing?
5th December 2011, 02:51 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr

Awesome find callen81!

If I get a "Gold Plated HDMI Female to HDMI Female Adapter/Converter" (search on dealextreme) coupled with the HDMI Male to Micro HDMI Female Adapter, I should be good to go right?

@callen81: Out of curiosity do you happen to have Rock Band 2 with a Rock Band 2 Guitar? If so, I'd love for you to run the auto-calibration test on the Laptop monitor and let us know what the Video Response Time is (aka input lag). If it's under 16.6ms, then it is considered sub 1 frame lag. If you don't have this, I'll do this test myself when I get my Laptop monitor up and running and report back!

I don't have Rock Band, that HDMI micro female to HDMI male looks identical to the one I have. Looks just to be cheaper? As well I just used a hdmi female to female gender bender for a wall plate and it seems to have worked fine. A HDMI extension cable would probably be ideal.
5th December 2011, 04:01 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 62

453 posts
Where did you get the female micro usb as well? FRom video it looks like the hdmi adapter takes up almost all the room so I am just wondering how hard is it to fit them plugged in at same time
5th December 2011, 04:28 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 8

68 posts
Is there anyway to make an extender (female to male) for both the HDMI and USB connections? I would love to be able to use my atrix as a webcam for skype or goggle talk since the screen blocks the view of the phone when the lapdock screen is up.
5th December 2011, 05:01 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member

169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghei

Where did you get the female micro usb as well? FRom video it looks like the hdmi adapter takes up almost all the room so I am just wondering how hard is it to fit them plugged in at same time

I had to file both the hdmi and micro usb female plugs down a bit, far as an extension cable for the atrix itself it wouldn't work as more then usb data is sent though the usb plug.
5th December 2011, 07:23 PM   |  #18  

1 posts
Mac Mini?
All the more reason to pick up the dock while its being sold for $50 on ATT.

Someone should connect this to a Mac Mini and you would have your very own PAAH (Portable as Hell Hackintosh)
5th December 2011, 08:11 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member

169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustique

All the more reason to pick up the dock while its being sold for $50 on ATT.

Someone should connect this to a Mac Mini and you would have your very own PAAH (Portable as Hell Hackintosh)

You should look at the pandaboards, full opmap4 dev board with hdmi.
5th December 2011, 08:20 PM   |  #20  

7 posts
I plan on doing the same thing.

Ordered two of the link below thanks to your testing.
hxxp://wwx.sparkfun.com/products/9614

Plan on soldering them together to make a clean adapter. (Without the +5v connected, or with to power a beagleboard using the OTG port)

Had to de-link the post b/c I'm a "new" poster... long time lurker though

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread