Lapdock HDMI

OP zanzee

8th February 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiefuller

This is gonna be amazing if I can get my hands on a raspberry_pi http://www.raspberrypi.org/ for $25 it'll turn my lapdock into a full laptop! the two devices sound ideal combined!

my thoughts exactly.. cant wait.

hdmi into hdmi micro adapter, usb to usb micro adapter, and raspberry pi usb power to dock usb connectors! perfect all in one setup. hell there might even be room to internalize the pi. that would be something!
9th February 2012, 05:43 AM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 131

757 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phire420

my thoughts exactly.. cant wait.

hdmi into hdmi micro adapter, usb to usb micro adapter, and raspberry pi usb power to dock usb connectors! perfect all in one setup. hell there might even be room to internalize the pi. that would be something!

A 700mhz processor is not going to offer any performance benefits over the atrix, methinks.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk on AT&T, the company that disappoints me so much that I have to use my tapatalk signature to tell everyone
9th February 2012, 04:17 PM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 19

227 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamerz

A 700mhz processor is not going to offer any performance benefits over the atrix, methinks.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk on AT&T, the company that disappoints me so much that I have to use my tapatalk signature to tell everyone

False.
The makers of raspberry pi spent a whole lot of time optimizing the software for the broadcom soc inside of it. Apparently in some benchmarks it doubles the performance of tegra2. Ill try and link to a source when I get home.
10th February 2012, 09:49 AM   |  #84  

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamerz

what atrix? i only have the lapdock
14th February 2012, 04:57 AM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 15

52 posts
The raspberry pi uses the old arm 11 processor arch at 700MHz (vs dual 1.3GHz) and it isn't dual core. Nor does it have as much RAM (256 vs 1Gbyte) and its gfx unit is so so compared to the tegra. So while it might be faster at some tasks I doubt it can take on the atrix in most ways. However the pi looks very very cool. Looking forward to it.

Matt

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
14th February 2012, 05:32 AM   |  #86  
Thanks Meter: 131

757 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattaw2001

The raspberry pi uses the old arm 11 processor arch at 700MHz (vs dual 1.3GHz) and it isn't dual core. Nor does it have as much RAM (256 vs 1Gbyte) and its gfx unit is so so compared to the tegra. So while it might be faster at some tasks I doubt it can take on the atrix in most ways. However the pi looks very very cool. Looking forward to it.

Matt

Might still get the pi to dink with. Working in a microprocessors class now, might make use of it.

14th February 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 15

52 posts
really do buy this baby- the pi will be fantastic.

Matt

15th February 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #88  
Thanks Meter: 1

60 posts
Red face nice work
sick, i will look into it more. thank you for the post!
21st February 2012, 04:16 AM   |  #89  

23 posts
hey guys, just an update on the HDMI adapters necessary for this... looks like the guy in china finally got his head out of his ass and brought down the pricing (he had it listed @ $49.99!) of the adapter to $5.99! If anyone has another source for these, please share. This one particular seller is the only place i can find this damn thing, partly because of the mess o' results you get, even when searching for the correct terminology. Too many false positives, even with crafty google-fu .

I will buy a couple, one certainly as a backup because i can forsee these adapters getting worn out if needed to constantly plug and unplug while moving about and packing gear.

item number: 280761removethistext232832
21st February 2012, 01:56 PM   |  #90  
Thanks Meter: 3

93 posts
Hi,

as the Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC S and the upcoming Xperia S have a HDMI-Port, too: Will it be possible to use the Lapdock with some cables and the Xperia ARC S for Document editing and Webbrowsing??

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread