Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,911 Members 49,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Faster charging times

Tip us?

spinrite
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Faster charging times

Just posted this in another forum. Heres the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post19994949

mfractal
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
So you charged the note with it in one hour?
Isn't there a limitation on the current the charger outputs while charging?
ARHD Supporter

HTC One M8 DEV Edition
ROM: ARHD 10.1
F/W: 2.12.401.3
Kernel : Stock
S-OFF + SuperCID

spinrite
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I didn't charge the Note. I originally posted this in another section for another phone model if you follow the link. I posted the thread here cause Note owners would get benefits from this charger in quicker times. I do like this one better than Apples 2A charger. Hp's is sleeker, compact and comes with a 5ft cable.

cushcalc
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Default HP Touchpad USB charger Amazon deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinrite View Post
Just posted this in another forum. Heres the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post19994949
Thanks for the info. Just found it on Amazon for $9.88.

HTC One TrickDroid 8.0 || Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 || Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 LB1 || Google Nexus 7 || ZTE Z990 || Backup: $20 Motorola c168i || HTC 3125, 8125, 8525, 8925, Fuse, Tilt 2 w/Android, Inspire 4G. Samsung Blackjack II. i-Mate Ultimate 8502. LG Expo. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S. Motorola Atrix 2. Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray. Samsung Galaxy S 3 & 4 || PDA History: Atari Portfolio, Psion 3, Psion Revo, Casio A21S, Dell Axim X51v, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

cushcalc
Old
(Last edited by cushcalc; 5th December 2011 at 08:38 PM.) Reason: more research and thoughts
Thanks Meter 42
Every phone charges slowly from PC USB port, right?

Do you think this would be safe? It's a cable that is designed for portable hard drives, to give them enough power. Maybe it would give the phone too much amperage (?)
My quick research finds that a typical PC USB port (and for sure Mac) has 500 mA power, so if you used this cable with two inputs, you'd be giving the Note 1000 mA which is basically like the wall charger, so it should be safe. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	USB2HAUBY3.small.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	806315  

HTC One TrickDroid 8.0 || Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 || Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 LB1 || Google Nexus 7 || ZTE Z990 || Backup: $20 Motorola c168i || HTC 3125, 8125, 8525, 8925, Fuse, Tilt 2 w/Android, Inspire 4G. Samsung Blackjack II. i-Mate Ultimate 8502. LG Expo. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S. Motorola Atrix 2. Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray. Samsung Galaxy S 3 & 4 || PDA History: Atari Portfolio, Psion 3, Psion Revo, Casio A21S, Dell Axim X51v, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

spinrite
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I've used it for 4 full charges and the battery stays cool but charges fast. No problems to date. It's been a great find.

Tiamath99
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Well, i have been using the charger that came with my Galaxy tab wich is 2 amp, since atday one.
No problem at all. It charges in little more than an hour.

I also have been doing this for more than a year with mi exiphone and the charger from the Ipad.
Maybe in the long run the battery life suffers, but i haven't seen anything like that. And honestly, waiting two and a half hours to get the phone charged via regular charger and ready to go me is not an option.

jojorios
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Going to order one right now and give it a try.

Does anyone know of any car chargers that can charge at about the same speed?

cushcalc
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Default PowerJolt iPad charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojorios View Post
Going to order one right now and give it a try.

Does anyone know of any car chargers that can charge at about the same speed?
Griffintechnology PowerJolt ipad car charger http://store.griffintechnology.com/i...categories=164

ChodTheWacko
Old
Thanks Meter 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamath99 View Post
Well, i have been using the charger that came with my Galaxy tab wich is 2 amp, since atday one.
No problem at all. It charges in little more than an hour.

I also have been doing this for more than a year with mi exiphone and the charger from the Ipad.
Maybe in the long run the battery life suffers, but i haven't seen anything like that. And honestly, waiting two and a half hours to get the phone charged via regular charger and ready to go me is not an option.
Wow, crazy.
Would you be willing to install Battery monitor widget and show me the log file during charging? Just curious to see the rate of charge (i.e. during the start and end, as it slows down)

- Frank
Galaxy Note FAQ: http://lishutterbug.com/note
57K and growing!