Earphones That Come With the Play

Search This thread

XperianceIT

Jan 7, 2012
My play didnt even come with earphones, all i got was the USB, Wall Charger, the headphone jack adapter, and the phone!

republicano

Mar 11, 2010
the earphones sound great but i hate how sony makes the right wire longer or the left one too short,its not logical, the left cord gets pulled out of my ear because its too short and the wire generally moves to the center of my chest not the left side,so to fix this you tie the right cord up so its at even lengths with the left

i also brought the same style with even lengths,the only time they are practical for me is when i clip my ipod shuffle to my singlet at my shoulder,which is less than 20cm away from my ear anyway.

Last edited:

MilkyJoePD

Oct 30, 2011
I think the different lengths is so you can put the wire round the back of your neck so the wires aren't dangling in front.

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

BillyMays14

Dec 15, 2011
Hi,

Just wondering if I'm the only one in this thread with these issues. I don't have stock Xperia Play headphones and every time I try to plug in other types of headphones (tried 3 different ones) it keeps saying something along the lines of "accessory not recognized". Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and I need to buy proprietary Sony headphones or if my phone is just messed up. Thanks.

Sniper Spr3e

Dec 25, 2011
Hi,

Just wondering if I'm the only one in this thread with these issues. I don't have stock Xperia Play headphones and every time I try to plug in other types of headphones (tried 3 different ones) it keeps saying something along the lines of "accessory not recognized". Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and I need to buy proprietary Sony headphones or if my phone is just messed up. Thanks.

general rule of thumb is that headphones with any sort of micrphone or volume control that arent official sony ericsson dont work
also its a 50/50 chance that normal headphones work (normally cheap headphones dont)

my sennhieser headphones work but they cost £50 and only play music but alot of people complain that most headphones dont work.

so your choices are
1. but official sony ericsson headphones
2. buy a really good set of headphones (£40+) (probaly only work for playing music no mics or anything)
3. use a bluetooth headset

AstroZombie1

Dec 29, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
twitter.com
the earphones sound great but i hate how sony makes the right wire longer or the left one too short,its not logical, the left cord gets pulled out of my ear because its too short and the wire generally moves to the center of my chest not the left side,so to fix this you tie the right cord up so its at even lengths with the left

i also brought the same style with even lengths,the only time they are practical for me is when i clip my ipod shuffle to my singlet at my shoulder,which is less than 20cm away from my ear anyway.

You're meant to put the longer bud round the back of your neck.

crazymonkey05

Apr 1, 2012
stilwell, OK
Guys any headphone with mic and omtp wire mapping will work on the play with full mic support and BTW I use the Sony MDR-ZX100 and they got amazing bass with awesome treble couldn't be happier with them

Sent from my Sony Ericsson xperia play™ (R800x) running slimbean 3.0 using Tapatalk 2™

RoboticBuddy

Aug 14, 2012
Wait, just to confirm, basically any Sony headphones w/ a microphone and pause/play button would work on the Xperia Play, right?

AzNTypeR

Dec 24, 2011
London
I wouldn't say any....lets just say that there is a very high chance if it's a Sony ericsson headset with vol control and mic, that it should work.

If its a Sony ERICSSON one Yes. Just a Normal Sony, No. They changed it.

- If you really urge to use one with a Mic, either use an adapter or do what I did. Buy a MW600. I can now use my New Earpods, so now I can be one both sides. Pro Apple and Pro Android.