LG-Mytouch (LG-E739) .:UN-OFFICIAL:.
I have seen other threads, but none of wich i felt were complete, nor in the right areas. I think this should be put in development area, but maybe here for now.
Model Number: LG-E739
Android Version: 2.3.4
Kernel Version: 188.8.131.52-perf
Build Number: GRj22
Software Version: V10k-OCT-11-2011
There have been two ways found thus far that have been reported as working. I have had the 1st way work for me and the 2nd way has not. So i can attest the 1st way worked for me, and even stays rooted after reboot.
Source: You Tube
First download these files...
Then after all files have downloaded, install driver first.
When your driver is installed, run Unlockroot program. Click on root, and after a few prompts, your phone should restart, and be rooted.
Now install Super User.apk file from market, and to verify you have super user privlages, download terminal emulator and type "su" in prompt screen folowed by enter. if the file path changes from $ to #, you have sucessfully rooted your LG-Mytouch.
2nd.> Superoneclick 2.2
Hi, found SuperOneClick 2.2 wich have a folder named ADB, I think I could use instead, btw I downloaded it from shortfuse.org. So far this is what i have got for instructions:
- Download SuperOneClick 2.2 (shortfuse.org/?page_id=2)
- Download myTouch drivers (lg.com/us/mobile-phones/mobile-support/mobile-lg-mobile-phone-support.jsp)
- Check that adb recognizes device: "X":\(ADB Folder Here)> adb devices
- Follow eamondaly's instructions:
"X":\(ADB Folder Here)> adb shell
$ echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
- Run SuperOneClick v2.2 (Instructions here are a little clouded for me here, not sure what to do other than hit the root button)
- Wait for phone to reboot (SuperOneClick seems to be paused)(Dont know what he means here)
- Reset USB debugging (mine was turned off after reboot)(Dont know what he means here)
- Wait for SuperOneClick to finish.
- Enjoy rooted phone
I have not yet found a plae with roms that work with the LG-Mytouch. If anyone knows of any or how to make my own please enlighten me.