Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OBSOLETE] unofficial CyanogenMod 9/ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for Allwinner A10 devices

Tip us?

riorey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_ View Post
it depends on what do you want.

I just pushed my change to support other tablets that currently I'm working.
https://github.com/naobsd/cm_device_...da310ec08f1fff
8192cu wlan, mma7760 accelerometer, and ft5x_ts TS should be supported by this commit. update.zip with additional files will be uploaded when it will be made.

I know keylayout files are not good for some tablets so I'll replace it in update.zip as postprocessing after build. sensors.exDroid.so can't be shared on some tablets so it will be replaced too.

my recovery_keys.c should work on NOVO7 Adv1/Adv2/Elf/Aurora, Bmorn V11, and Scroll Excel.

I don't know it's enough for you. currently I don't know how "not compatible". (sorry, I have no time to learn about your rom for now)
I don't say I don't support other tablets not listed above. I just do things in turn. I can't do everything at once. I'll support other tablets after current work is done.

if you need your own changes for now, please keep your own repo. if you can use my repo in future, feel free to use my repo.

thank you for your cooperation.

EDIT:
sorry, you asked about thread.
if you want to merge your changes to my repo(even if it needs branch), or you can wait my work for your tablet, please use here. you can talk about dev things for your tablet here.
if you want to make your work independent, please make your own thread.

this thread is mainly for development work so you can use here for development and you can make another "users'" thread for your tablet/rom.

I'd prefer if I wouldn't have to maintain a ROM all by myself, though some of the changes in for example default_recovery_keys.c seem to be incompatible.

This is needed for the Protab 2XXL:
case KEY_HOME:
return HIGHLIGHT_DOWN;

case KEY_VOLUMEUP:
return HIGHLIGHT_UP;

case KEY_POWER:
return SELECT_ITEM;

case KEY_ESC:
if (ui_menu_level > 0) {
return GO_BACK;
}

It's not a diff, just a copy and paste so you know what keys need to be added to the correct case.

I checked your source-code, if we change place for up and down the only thing you seem to have to do is add case KEY_VOLUMEUP: to HIGHLIGHT_DOWN and it should work, the keys are on the right side of the tab and CWM starts up in landscape anyway so it does not really matter which key is up or down.

The sun4i-keyboard.kl should also have these values added:
key 139 VOLUME_UP
key 217 VOLUME_DOWN
key 102 HOME WAKE
key 1 BACK WAKE
key 115 MENU WAKE_DROPPED

Some of them are already there, some are missing.

That's it for now, maybe there isn't a big difference in the end, anyway.

Rickard

fun_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by riorey View Post
The sun4i-keyboard.kl should also have these values added:
key 139 VOLUME_UP
key 217 VOLUME_DOWN
key 102 HOME WAKE
key 1 BACK WAKE
key 115 MENU WAKE_DROPPED
thanks for your info.

well, ProTab2 XXL has, HOME, MENU, and POWER on side, and BACK on front? no VOL+/-?

riorey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
thanks for your info.

well, ProTab2 XXL has, HOME, MENU, and POWER on side, and BACK on front? no VOL+/-?
Coirrect, the home and menu buttons doubles as vol+/- with long press. It works with ICS without any other changes. If not there is an other file called axp20-supplyer.kl which I can provide that might fix that.

You're welcome.

fun_
Old
(Last edited by fun_; 8th March 2012 at 09:32 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by riorey View Post
Coirrect, the home and menu buttons doubles as vol+/- with long press. It works with ICS without any other changes. If not there is an other file called axp20-supplyer.kl which I can provide that might fix that.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/point-...ablet-review/6

hmm. I see. long-press feature is nice...but...

as you said I'll add KEY_VOLUMEUP(actually it acts as MENU in stock ROM) to HIGHLIGHT_DOWN. so you'll get MENU = down and HOME = up on CWM.

on CM9, I'm thinking to add 115 as VOLUME_DOWN so HOME/MENU will act as VOL+/- with common sun4i-keyboard.kl. (and long press will act as VOL+/- too...)

of course I can make & replace sun4i-keyboard.kl specifically for your tablet. which do you like, same key map as stock rom or not?

EDIT:
oh wait, I found your sun4i-keyboard.kl is same as one for Scroll Excel. I remembered your TS is ft5x_ts, same as Excel too. then, what's your accelerometer?

EDIT2:
sorry, I remembered I already downloaded files you uploaded. accelerometer is bma250, same as Excel.

then, CM9 for ProTab2 XXL is already available. try SCROLLEX_update.zip

EDIT3:
ProTab2 XXL is made by inet, as same as Excel. I guess this configuration is common for A10 tablets made by inet...

riorey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

as you said I'll add KEY_VOLUMEUP(actually it acts as MENU in stock ROM) to HIGHLIGHT_DOWN. so you'll get MENU = down and HOME = up on CWM.

on CM9, I'm thinking to add 115 as VOLUME_DOWN so HOME/MENU will act as VOL+/- with common sun4i-keyboard.kl. (and long press will act as VOL+/- too...)

of course I can make & replace sun4i-keyboard.kl specifically for your tablet. which do you like, same key map as stock rom or not?

EDIT:
oh wait, I found your sun4i-keyboard.kl is same as one for Scroll Excel. I remembered your TS is ft5x_ts, same as Excel too. then, what's your accelerometer?

EDIT2:
sorry, I remembered I already downloaded files you uploaded. accelerometer is bma250, same as Excel.

EDIT3:
ProTab2 XXL is made by inet, as same as Excel. I guess this configuration is common for A10 tablets made by inet...

Yikes!
I didn't have time to check this until now, well, I'll try the rom.

the-razer
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I wrote a little install script, that is a bit more comfortable in handling. It pushes and installs CWM via ADB without having to transfer files by hand. And it does a backup of /dev/block/nandg, just to be sure. Scripts are working for Linux and Windows. Mac untested, but should be working, too. If you want to distribute or use them, here they are: http://www.mediafire.com/?740mi4xm0bweb2c

As I consider CWM for Aurora as "stable" now this can then be used by normal users (needing a simpler way to install this).

riorey
Old
(Last edited by riorey; 8th March 2012 at 07:47 PM.) Reason: New information about touch!
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

EDIT:

EDIT2:

EDIT3:
OK, I tested the recovery first (as mine was a bit hacked!)...
Key 115 KEY_VOLUMEUP is not in the recovery binary you have uploaded? Right?

All other keys work as they should, HOME goes up, power selects and back goes back.

With SCROLLEX_update.zip the touchscreen doesn't work correctly, so there seem to be a difference in how it works compared to my builds... I really can't put my thumb on the problem but the screen works "so-so" but not as it should, scrolling is strange but pointing at a certain point seem to work in dialogs.

EDIT1 & 2:
Ok, I found out what is wrong with the touchscreen, it's 180 degrees off as well as x and y is on the wrong axis...

I'll see if I can find what the difference is from my build.

EDIT 3:
init.sun4i.rc needs the following line installed for the screen to work with portrait as default and with the back-button at the bottom.
setprop ro.sf.hwrotation 270

You also need to use the ft5x_ts.ko module from my package, that solves the problem with inverted axis on the touchscreen. I've attached the module to this message.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ft5x_ts.ko.zip - [Click for QR Code] (57.1 KB, 95 views)

JobSup
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I installed the latest version (08.03.12) on my Novo 7 ELF.

- CWM Recovery installs fine
- CM9 ends in a boot-loop

The return button on the ELF (rightmost button) works to enter CWM on reboot.

I had to flash back to the latest official firmware (4.0.3 from 08.03.12) using Lifesuit. Still, getting CWM to work on the ELF is the first and most important step.

Thanks a lot!

smoothie010312
Old
Thanks Meter 0
谢谢楼主~~~感谢您的分享~~支持你

bioan
Old
Thanks Meter 366

DONATE TO ME
@fun - I've tested CM9 on my Aura LY-F1, it boots ok, it goes through lockscreen but the Touchscreen is not working. We already have a working version of ICS. Also the CWM works great, everything is working.
Nexus 5
Nexus 7

Tags
p76ti