Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,144 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Titan Sim Unlock

Tip us?

gritboyweir
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Titan Sim Unlock

Hi All,
I need to unlock my AT&T HTC Titan for a trip out of the US and I called ATT and they told me I cant get a code until December NEXT year. I won't start a thread about how much that irritates me.
But I wanted to know if anyone has unlocked theirs using a 3rd party unlock service and if so, who did you use?
I tried a couple that do 'pre-lookups' and they told me they don't have it - now I am waiting for one that takes your money first and then refunds you if they cant do it.

Anyone unlocked their ATT Titan?

tai4de2
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Unlocked mine with htcimeiunlock.com. Their "pre-unlock" told me they had it and after paying I had it within 10 minutes.

mvadu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Does installing a custom ROM unlocks SIM?

iCracked
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritboyweir View Post
Hi All,
I need to unlock my AT&T HTC Titan for a trip out of the US and I called ATT and they told me I cant get a code until December NEXT year. I won't start a thread about how much that irritates me.
But I wanted to know if anyone has unlocked theirs using a 3rd party unlock service and if so, who did you use?
I tried a couple that do 'pre-lookups' and they told me they don't have it - now I am waiting for one that takes your money first and then refunds you if they cant do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadu View Post
Does installing a custom ROM unlocks SIM?
OK, so I got my unlock code from cellunlock.net with a 50% off coupon (android50)

No, flashing a rom will not unlock a phone.
Phone: AT&T LG Optimus G

Retired Devices (on shelf, in hand)(I have connections )

--SAMSUNG:
Samsung Infuse 4G unlocked
Samsung Captivate unlocked
--LG:
LG eXpo
--Moto:
Moto Backflip Unlocked
Moto Atrix 4g Unlocked/Unlocked
--HTC:
HTC Inspire 4G unlocked
HTC Touch Pro
HTC Pure
--RIM
Blackberry 8900 unlocked
Blackberry 9700 unlocked
--Apple:
iPhone 2G
iPhone 3G
iPhone 5

GekkoAce
Old
(Last edited by GekkoAce; 10th December 2011 at 07:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unlock for FREEEEE from At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritboyweir View Post
Hi All,

If you've been an At&t customer for a reasonable amount of time, try logging in to attwireless.com,
click on "Wireless account: 29804xxxxxxx"
then scroll down to where you see a picture of your phone, click "My Phone/Device"
then you should see on the page "Unblock SIM card", Click that link and a popup should give you the unlock code. **Write down that code.**
When you get a Sim card for a different company and put it in your phone it will prompt you for that code. Enter it and you're forever unlocked, even if you update your Windows Phone software.

I have only had my Titan for 2 weeks after upgrading and I have this feature available to me already.

Hope that helps! Thanks At&t for being so great and finally giving out unlock codes!!

Balmador
Old
Thanks Meter 0
PUK code and a SIM unlock code are 2 different things. PUK code WILL NOT not unlock the phone so you can use another carriers SIM

gm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
bought 1 from eBay for $6

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_1139wt_1234

got the unlock code in < 5 mins

shamoozoo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i used unlockingauthority .com to unlock my titan and i use it on t-mobile

pithanks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unlock code is permanent on your titan? Mine is ATT titan and unlock code works but I need to enter the unlock code in every bootup. What happens?

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

nkamurlekar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
exactly, mine ATT Titan will ask for network unlock code after every reboot... hmmm this is disgusting.

Tags
htc, sim unlock, titan, unlock