Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Titan Sim Unlock

OP gritboyweir

6th December 2011, 07:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi All,
I need to unlock my AT&T HTC Titan for a trip out of the US and I called ATT and they told me I cant get a code until December NEXT year. I won't start a thread about how much that irritates me.
But I wanted to know if anyone has unlocked theirs using a 3rd party unlock service and if so, who did you use?
I tried a couple that do 'pre-lookups' and they told me they don't have it - now I am waiting for one that takes your money first and then refunds you if they cant do it.

Anyone unlocked their ATT Titan?
7th December 2011, 04:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 38

497 posts
More
Unlocked mine with htcimeiunlock.com. Their "pre-unlock" told me they had it and after paying I had it within 10 minutes.
9th December 2011, 02:49 AM   |  #3  
Madison, WI, USA
Thanks Meter: 4

28 posts
More
Does installing a custom ROM unlocks SIM?
9th December 2011, 03:38 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritboyweir

Hi All,
I need to unlock my AT&T HTC Titan for a trip out of the US and I called ATT and they told me I cant get a code until December NEXT year. I won't start a thread about how much that irritates me.
But I wanted to know if anyone has unlocked theirs using a 3rd party unlock service and if so, who did you use?
I tried a couple that do 'pre-lookups' and they told me they don't have it - now I am waiting for one that takes your money first and then refunds you if they cant do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadu

Does installing a custom ROM unlocks SIM?

OK, so I got my unlock code from cellunlock.net with a 50% off coupon (android50)

No, flashing a rom will not unlock a phone.
10th December 2011, 07:48 PM   |  #5  

8 posts
Unlock for FREEEEE from At&t
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritboyweir

Hi All,

If you've been an At&t customer for a reasonable amount of time, try logging in to attwireless.com,
click on "Wireless account: 29804xxxxxxx"
then scroll down to where you see a picture of your phone, click "My Phone/Device"
then you should see on the page "Unblock SIM card", Click that link and a popup should give you the unlock code. **Write down that code.**
When you get a Sim card for a different company and put it in your phone it will prompt you for that code. Enter it and you're forever unlocked, even if you update your Windows Phone software.

I have only had my Titan for 2 weeks after upgrading and I have this feature available to me already.

Hope that helps! Thanks At&t for being so great and finally giving out unlock codes!!

Last edited by GekkoAce; 10th December 2011 at 08:14 PM.
11th December 2011, 06:11 PM   |  #6  

12 posts
More
PUK code and a SIM unlock code are 2 different things. PUK code WILL NOT not unlock the phone so you can use another carriers SIM
14th December 2011, 08:17 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

67 posts
bought 1 from eBay for $6

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_1139wt_1234

got the unlock code in < 5 mins
14th December 2011, 08:53 PM   |  #8  

14 posts
More
i used unlockingauthority .com to unlock my titan and i use it on t-mobile
7th January 2012, 08:07 AM   |  #9  

13 posts
Unlock code is permanent on your titan? Mine is ATT titan and unlock code works but I need to enter the unlock code in every bootup. What happens?

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
3rd February 2012, 07:30 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

74 posts
exactly, mine ATT Titan will ask for network unlock code after every reboot... hmmm this is disgusting.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, sim unlock, titan, unlock
Previous Thread Next Thread