[Perma-Temp Root] Better Temp Root [From The Rezound]
This release has been out in the wild for several days now for the Rezound. Everyone who has gotten it to work reports root lasting much longer than previous methods. I am glad that it is working out for others. This should also work on other devices, such as the Vivid and that is why I am posting it here. There is nothing about it that makes it work specifically for the Rezound.
It still uses zergrush and absolutely does not provide any other capability than other temp roots. (Although some people have reported root apps see root better so it might actually be better). The only difference is I have the things relating to root (ie su,busybox, etc) stored in a ramdisk that lasts alot longer (I have not seen of a report of it being lost before a reboot yet) than things "written" or linked to /system. This is because we still have /system write locked so when we write things to it (like the original zergrush implementation) it gets forgotten after while.
Your mileage may vary. I am obviously not responsible for bricks, data loss, etc if you use this. I and others have used it for about a week and it has been fine.
0) Make sure superuser isn't installed
1) Reboot phone (full reboot), make sure usb debugging is on.
2) Plug in phone in charge only mode to PC.
3) Kill everything in the built in task manager, then go back to the rosie home screen.
4) Extract zip and doubleclick temproot.bat
5) There is a 20 second time out at the beginning just in case you forgot to plug in your phone, etc so you have time to cancel the process before it starts. To skip it just hit enter on the keyboard or wait the 20 seconds.
6) Hit the thanks button (bottom left of this post) if you like it!
Let me know if you like it better or if something bad happens so I can take it down. Lets hope we get S-Off soon and don't have to deal with this temp root **** anymore.
1) Bootlooping? Pull the battery. If you still are boot looping, an RUU restore may be necessary. I believe this has only happened to one user and it was likely a result of something that was done AFTER root and not directly caused by this program.
2) Just not working? Reboot both your PC and Phone. If ADB cannot see your phone, it is not a fault of the program. If you haven't gotten other temp root methods to work, it is likely this one won't either.
Current Phone: Galaxy S3 16GB White on VZW
Current ROM: AOKP JB Build 4
Check out my GS3 Splash Screen Changer