Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 41,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to I change back to stock theme?

Tip us?

SealsNavie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default How to I change back to stock theme?

I currently have ICS theme installed via flash.

nobnut
Old
Thanks Meter 2427
Simple... restore your backup. You do have a backup right? I mean everyone takes a backup before they flash don't they? Umm, maybe not everyone.

Nevermind, if you don't have one, just reflash your original ROM, or push the relevant files which were over-written by the theme using ADB or a file explorer with root permissions.

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI

SealsNavie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Nope...I don't have my original ROM, however...any UK stock theme will do to be honest because ICS is pretty noticable, I just need a link to a Uk stock theme for the Galaxy note or even Android 2.3.6 as I have updated my firmware for my phone.

nobnut
Old
Thanks Meter 2427
KKA, or which version exactly?

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI

SealsNavie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
The rom is...

Baseband version: N7000XXKK5
Build number: GINGERBREAD.XXKKA

SealsNavie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Another option would be to re-flash my current rom (updated firmware) however...the phone doesn't allow that, unless I can find one from somewhere.

SealsNavie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
I am doing this all because of...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post20067262

First day i get my phone and the screen plays up, never ever had this problem before with any phone I have got, only this one, unlucky I guess.

nobnut
Old
(Last edited by nobnut; 7th December 2011 at 11:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2427
Cool,

Did you by any chance root using Chainfire's method? If you did, just use the CWM app that comes supplied when you flash his kernel to flash the original KKA firmware (the one you are using). It is non-wipe and will be rooted by his app.

To download the KKA firmware, click here. Sign in to download.

Then read Chainfire's instructions about flashing firmware using the CWM app VERY CAREFULLY in his thread here. Read the first few posts... and then read them again

Unfortunately I am not at work and don't have unmodified system apks to provide you with a flashable zip to replace the theme.

Alternative to the above... ask around and see if anyone has unmodified apks from KKA which you can flash. You will need all of the files which were contained in the themed zip you used.

EDIT: About those dark lines, are you sure it's not colour banding. All Note users get them (they are often feint). Most Note users won't admit to it though

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI

SealsNavie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
I used 'The Easy rooting Toolkit' method, will have a look at replacing files in the theme, btw...I can look in the ICS rom and replace the exact same files from the KKA ROM (the link you provided), so is that the best idea?...to me that sound easy and then I would just need to flash it from CMW

predator21
Old
Thanks Meter 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by SealsNavie View Post
I used 'The Easy rooting Toolkit' method, will have a look at replacing files in the theme, btw...I can look in the ICS rom and replace the exact same files from the KKA ROM (the link you provided), so is that the best idea?...to me that sound easy and then I would just need to flash it from CMW
true it will work