5,593,458 Members 36,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Tip us?

MikeOD
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is there any way to get everything that backs up to Google with CM7 to restore into this rom? Things like Wifi passwords and whatnot that come right back onto the phone after a full wipe and reinstall of CM7? I haven't been able to figure out how to.

Sleestax
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
Hey all, thanx for the hard work. Anxiously awaiting beta/final. In the meantime, which ICS for EVO4g is more fully functional: evervolv, deck's, or <other>? I really just need phone functionality, bluetooth, wifi, and rear cam working. Thanx in advance.
Yeah, the Deck PB9 ICS is pretty good from a functionality standpoint. I just couldn't live without Wimax, so I am back on Gingerbread until the devs can get Wimax working in ICS.

scottspa74
Old
Thanks Meter 2643
@mikeOD
Interesting story: when I was running AOKP, I did a full wipe (as always) to come to decks. Wiped data, cache, dalvik 2x in amonRa, then VRsuperwipe, then Calks FormatAll, then VRsuperwipe again (my usual process) so I KNOW I'm clean.
Then flashed decks, and saw it immediately pick up my wifi after boot, I didn't have to enter my PW. Then I went to customize lockscreen, and saw that it was already setup the way I had it on AOKP (shortcut to camera). And I think user dictionary was also restored, I kinda forget.

I thought I musta had a dirty install, somehow. Capn throwback saw my post about it and said it was due to my selecting 'Keep device synced to Google account' when setting up. Very convenient.
However, this didn't seem to happen when I flashed from decks to drews, even though my setup process was the same.
It doesn't really help, but thought I'd share. I thought it was interesting.

I store my Wi-Fi passwords in colornote. Then when I flash anew, I DL colornote from market, (very small app) and it has a sync (backup/restore) feature. I log in to it. Then copy paste my PWs from it to their respective places. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all

mccurt29
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmccullough View Post
Check out pages 47-49 on the RootzWiki forum for the ROM, do the .zip/flash fixes, the A2SD reinstall fix, and the directory fix. Problem solved, or at least it worked for me.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk
This works but when installing apps with TB ,TB finishes but apps don't show up .IT even shows up in storage that there installed but not in the app drawer

Joshmccullough
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccurt29 View Post
This works but when installing apps with TB ,TB finishes but apps don't show up .IT even shows up in storage that there installed but not in the app drawer
You tried reinstalling with TB before or after the A2SD fixes? What I did was wipe everything, flash the ROM, reboot, let everything settle for about 15 minutes, flashed/followed the fixes, DL'd TB from the market, then reinstalled all my apps from TB.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my Nexus 5

dcharleyultra
Old
Thanks Meter 175
If using a2sd, why wipe the ext partition at all? I took the tip from carhauler (IIRC) and never wipe my ext partition. My apps are always there with new ROMs.
Sprint Galaxy SIII:
Root: CF-Auto-Root
Model: SPH-L710
Baseband: L710VPUCMK3
Kernel: 3.0.31-dkp-gd5473e7
decilmalman@goliath #1
Mon Dec 9 17:34:52 EST 2013
Build: JSS15J.L710VPBUCMK3

chromecast:
Root: flashCast
ROM: Eureka

Galaxy Tab 3 8.0:
Root: eeamshh
Model: SM-T310
Kernel: 3.0.31-1422334
se.infra@SEP-97 #1
Mon Aug 19 08:55:20 KST 2013
Build: JDQ39.T310UEUAMH2

NookColor:
Root: leapinlar CM7 SDcard
CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)

All Rights Reserved

{ParanoiA}
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly812 View Post
Is anyone else having problems with roaming on this ROM? I show connected to roaming but cannot dial out or send data. I have always had roaming when at work but since going to this ROM I cannot get anything to come through when in roaming. Thanks.
Check your settings. I think you have to allow data while roaming.
HTC EVO LTE: S-OFF
REVOVERY: TWRP
ROM: Viper4G
KERNEL: Stock
google+ ParanoiA609@gmail.com

mccurt29
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmccullough View Post
You tried reinstalling with TB before or after the A2SD fixes? What I did was wipe everything, flash the ROM, reboot, let everything settle for about 15 minutes, flashed/followed the fixes, DL'd TB from the market, then reinstalled all my apps from TB.
i flashed rom,flashed fix,flashed dt ,rebooted, a2sd reinstalled thru terminal, then used TB

aheeejd
Old
Thanks Meter 911
I was just catching up on rootzwiki, someone posted a twitter from Deck that he was working on some 4.0.4 love for everybody, today!!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium

NUGZZ420
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheeejd View Post
I was just catching up on rootzwiki, someone posted a twitter from Deck that he was working on some 4.0.4 love for everybody, today!!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium
build 10 is out
EVERYTHING I POST IS JUST MY OPINION FROM THING"S I READ .. DO NOT QUOTE ME!!!! JUST TRYING TO HELP THE BEST I CAN !!!!!
PLEASE READ THE OP and THRED BEFORE FLASHING OR POSTING!!
★★★ DroidKang ★★★
✯ ✯ ✯ CHAOS KERNEL ✯ ✯ ✯

Tags
betch, bodacious ta ta's, clean ics, lead we will follow, lets get some shoes