Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

OP kushdeck

2nd April 2012, 08:08 PM   |  #3521  
Thanks Meter: 10

133 posts
Is there any way to get everything that backs up to Google with CM7 to restore into this rom? Things like Wifi passwords and whatnot that come right back onto the phone after a full wipe and reinstall of CM7? I haven't been able to figure out how to.
2nd April 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #3522  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 123

361 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by etnpnys

Hey all, thanx for the hard work. Anxiously awaiting beta/final. In the meantime, which ICS for EVO4g is more fully functional: evervolv, deck's, or <other>? I really just need phone functionality, bluetooth, wifi, and rear cam working. Thanx in advance.

Yeah, the Deck PB9 ICS is pretty good from a functionality standpoint. I just couldn't live without Wimax, so I am back on Gingerbread until the devs can get Wimax working in ICS.
2nd April 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #3523  
Thanks Meter: 2,922

8,609 posts
More
@mikeOD
Interesting story: when I was running AOKP, I did a full wipe (as always) to come to decks. Wiped data, cache, dalvik 2x in amonRa, then VRsuperwipe, then Calks FormatAll, then VRsuperwipe again (my usual process) so I KNOW I'm clean.
Then flashed decks, and saw it immediately pick up my wifi after boot, I didn't have to enter my PW. Then I went to customize lockscreen, and saw that it was already setup the way I had it on AOKP (shortcut to camera). And I think user dictionary was also restored, I kinda forget.

I thought I musta had a dirty install, somehow. Capn throwback saw my post about it and said it was due to my selecting 'Keep device synced to Google account' when setting up. Very convenient.
However, this didn't seem to happen when I flashed from decks to drews, even though my setup process was the same.
It doesn't really help, but thought I'd share. I thought it was interesting.

I store my Wi-Fi passwords in colornote. Then when I flash anew, I DL colornote from market, (very small app) and it has a sync (backup/restore) feature. I log in to it. Then copy paste my PWs from it to their respective places. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
2nd April 2012, 09:02 PM   |  #3524  
Thanks Meter: 65

820 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmccullough

Check out pages 47-49 on the RootzWiki forum for the ROM, do the .zip/flash fixes, the A2SD reinstall fix, and the directory fix. Problem solved, or at least it worked for me.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk

This works but when installing apps with TB ,TB finishes but apps don't show up .IT even shows up in storage that there installed but not in the app drawer
2nd April 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #3525  
Thanks Meter: 291

790 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccurt29

This works but when installing apps with TB ,TB finishes but apps don't show up .IT even shows up in storage that there installed but not in the app drawer

You tried reinstalling with TB before or after the A2SD fixes? What I did was wipe everything, flash the ROM, reboot, let everything settle for about 15 minutes, flashed/followed the fixes, DL'd TB from the market, then reinstalled all my apps from TB.
2nd April 2012, 09:30 PM   |  #3526  
Flag Northern VA
Thanks Meter: 185

837 posts
More
If using a2sd, why wipe the ext partition at all? I took the tip from carhauler (IIRC) and never wipe my ext partition. My apps are always there with new ROMs.
2nd April 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #3527  
Flag Ocean City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 161

977 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly812

Is anyone else having problems with roaming on this ROM? I show connected to roaming but cannot dial out or send data. I have always had roaming when at work but since going to this ROM I cannot get anything to come through when in roaming. Thanks.

Check your settings. I think you have to allow data while roaming.
2nd April 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #3528  
Thanks Meter: 65

820 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmccullough

You tried reinstalling with TB before or after the A2SD fixes? What I did was wipe everything, flash the ROM, reboot, let everything settle for about 15 minutes, flashed/followed the fixes, DL'd TB from the market, then reinstalled all my apps from TB.

i flashed rom,flashed fix,flashed dt ,rebooted, a2sd reinstalled thru terminal, then used TB
3rd April 2012, 01:26 AM   |  #3529  
Flag off the coast o the kontiki!
Thanks Meter: 1,330

3,036 posts
More
I was just catching up on rootzwiki, someone posted a twitter from Deck that he was working on some 4.0.4 love for everybody, today!!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium
3rd April 2012, 01:42 AM   |  #3530  
Flag OREGON
Thanks Meter: 114

573 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheeejd

I was just catching up on rootzwiki, someone posted a twitter from Deck that he was working on some 4.0.4 love for everybody, today!!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium

build 10 is out

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
betch, bodacious ta ta's, clean ics, lead we will follow, lets get some shoes
Previous Thread Next Thread