Tip us?

ropodope
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightzak View Post
HTC Evo 4G running Deck-ICS-p22 build and Mason kernel

Partitioned SD card and upgraded the EXT partition to EXT4.

Tried the latest Darktremor beta and non-beta builds and my phone hangs on the boot screen. I've given it 20 minutes, and it goes nowhere. Do I need to reflash the ROM/kernel after running Darktremor? Ideas on what I am missing?
Yes, deck removed support for it for now but will add it later. get the smelkus version of decks pb22. A2sd is already baked in and you need to use that version which is very good. Once the rom is flashed, boot in, go to the terminal emulator and type su, then hit enter. Then type in a2sd install followed by enter. When it asks if you want data transferred to sdcard say no, when it asks if you want the cache transferred to the sdcard say yes.

http://dev-host.org/users/smelkus

Enjoy.

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ropodope For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

midnightzak
Old
(Last edited by midnightzak; 19th April 2012 at 09:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
thanks for fast reply, i'll probably do that tonight. is there anyway to uninstall Darktremor for the time being to go back to my previous working installation or do i just need to start over?

EDIT: Guessing I just need to restore via nandroid, so that's what I'm trying...

ropodope
Old
Thanks Meter 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmAN00bie View Post
How to install: like any other ROM (ie. wipe all partitions then flash).

What doesn't work: front facing camera, 4G, HDMI

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

From what I've seen, the CoD tweaks only deal with the I/O Scheduler and the OOM value groupings. Will the new update tweak other things as well?
Who knows? We've got a few ideas in mind. Our tweaks are designed for maximum benefit with the most simplicity of use so that everyone can do them without borking their phones. This is why they have been so popular. Not everything is worth tweaking for the average user and most will never experience true gain with many tweaks that are out there. Just because it can be tweaked doesn't mean that it always should be. Those are the people we focus on.

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth

ropodope
Old
Thanks Meter 2303
Quote:
How to install: like any other ROM (ie. wipe all partitions then flash).

What doesn't work: front facing camera, 4G, HDMI

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

From what I've seen, the CoD tweaks only deal with the I/O Scheduler and the OOM value groupings. Will the new update tweak other things as well?
They also deal with the sysctl values.

ropodope

odean14
Old
Thanks Meter 36
hey i keep getting this (unfortunately, the processcom.android.phone has stopped) every time i use the phone app to make a call or receive one. is there a fix for this?
Phone: GNote 2
Main ROM: jelly bomb
Current ROM: jelly bomb 10.2.0
Kernel: Perseus
FAV-DEV: XxxvirusxxX, teamD.I.R.T.,ProTekk, josh beach, kevinrocksman

adityo97
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:

What doesn't work: front facing camera, 4G, HDMI[COLOR="Silver"]
Video camera?

Sent from my heart using Tapatalk #blah
phonesupersonichw003recoveryamonra-smelkuslauncherstock/somethingtweaksc.o.d
phonedreamG1hw32Arecoveryamonralauncherstock/something
phoneAndromaxU/innos9chwQualcommGSM+CDMArecoveryTWRPlauncherJBstock/something

IAmAN00bie
Old
Thanks Meter 337
Camcorder works. Not very good quality (when was it ever?) but it works.

bluezr1
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Camcorder works. Not very good quality (when was it ever?) but it works.
Really, did you flash something? Because mine never worked. The button lights up as long as I keep my finger on it, although it doesn't record anything.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk 2

BlazinThat
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezr1 View Post
Really, did you flash something? Because mine never worked. The button lights up as long as I keep my finger on it, although it doesn't record anything.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk 2
Same here.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium

midnightzak
Old
(Last edited by midnightzak; 20th April 2012 at 03:01 AM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropodope View Post
Yes, deck removed support for it for now but will add it later. get the smelkus version of decks pb22. A2sd is already baked in and you need to use that version which is very good. Once the rom is flashed, boot in, go to the terminal emulator and type su, then hit enter. Then type in a2sd install followed by enter. When it asks if you want data transferred to sdcard say no, when it asks if you want the cache transferred to the sdcard say yes.

http://dev-host.org/users/smelkus

Enjoy.

ropodope

Re-wiped, re-partitioned, upgraded to EXT4, flashed rom, opened Terminal and ran the commands you suggested. Now getting:
Code:
/sd-ext not mounted properly, it might have errors
ext partition unknown!
Aborting

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Got impatient

Wiped cache and dalvik and then flashed dta2sd beta4, and now stuck on white "htc evo 4g" boot screen.

sigh :'(

Tags
betch, bodacious ta ta's, clean ics, lead we will follow, lets get some shoes