XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to full wipe SGN???

Tip us?

Haddar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Question How to full wipe SGN???

Could anyone tell me if there is any way how to full wipe (not just factory reset) SGN? Thanks a lot for your answers.
HTC Touch HD (Sold) - HTC Desire HD (Sold) - SG Note (Sold) - SG Note II (sold) - SG S4 (i9505) - SG Note II (sold) - SM-Note III ()

RMXO
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddar View Post
Could anyone tell me if there is any way how to full wipe (not just factory reset) SGN? Thanks a lot for your answers.
Boot into recovery mode & wipe from there.

If you are rooted, you can boot into CWM & do a wipe from there.
TMO Samsung Galaxy Note 3
TMO Samsung Galaxy S4
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Haddar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMXO View Post
Boot into recovery mode & wipe from there.

If you are rooted, you can boot into CWM & do a wipe from there.
Thank you,

but the meaning of "full wipe" used to be (at least used at Desire HD section) like "format" of system, cache and data. So my question was put the wrong way. Sry for that and thanks again for the answer.

I have not found anything like simple .zip file to flash in CWM and have "full wiped" system, data and cache partitions. It looks like there is still no good time for such mods since SGN is still pretty new device.
HTC Touch HD (Sold) - HTC Desire HD (Sold) - SG Note (Sold) - SG Note II (sold) - SG S4 (i9505) - SG Note II (sold) - SM-Note III ()

foxmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddar View Post
I have not found anything like simple .zip file to flash in CWM and have "full wiped" system, data and cache partitions. It looks like there is still no good time for such mods since SGN is still pretty new device.
You can format /data and /cache from CWM.

A "full wipe" of /system on its own would be completely pointless as you'd end up with a phone that couldn't boot anymore (except to recover). Pretty much all the ROMs here will format and replace /system though.

Regards,

Dave