FORUMS

How to full wipe SGN???

112 posts
Thanks Meter: 21
 
By Haddar, Senior Member on 7th December 2011, 04:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Could anyone tell me if there is any way how to full wipe (not just factory reset) SGN? Thanks a lot for your answers.
 
 
7th December 2011, 06:14 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 553
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddar

Could anyone tell me if there is any way how to full wipe (not just factory reset) SGN? Thanks a lot for your answers.

Boot into recovery mode & wipe from there.

If you are rooted, you can boot into CWM & do a wipe from there.
8th December 2011, 11:24 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Olomouc
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMXO

Boot into recovery mode & wipe from there.

If you are rooted, you can boot into CWM & do a wipe from there.

Thank you,

but the meaning of "full wipe" used to be (at least used at Desire HD section) like "format" of system, cache and data. So my question was put the wrong way. Sry for that and thanks again for the answer.

I have not found anything like simple .zip file to flash in CWM and have "full wiped" system, data and cache partitions. It looks like there is still no good time for such mods since SGN is still pretty new device.
8th December 2011, 12:54 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Ealing
Thanks Meter: 355
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddar

I have not found anything like simple .zip file to flash in CWM and have "full wiped" system, data and cache partitions. It looks like there is still no good time for such mods since SGN is still pretty new device.

You can format /data and /cache from CWM.

A "full wipe" of /system on its own would be completely pointless as you'd end up with a phone that couldn't boot anymore (except to recover). Pretty much all the ROMs here will format and replace /system though.

Regards,

Dave
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes