Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][UNOFFICIAL]CyanogenMod 7.2-GIO[Update: April 26, 2012]

Tip us?

Justin2003
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Also the free internal memory size stil the same when i switch from the stock rom to this rom.

dreuzel
Old
(Last edited by dreuzel; 29th December 2011 at 07:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by djph4ntom View Post
from what i've red in your posts for me sounds like you have a problem with phiexz's work.
i think you are the only one having so many problems with any a2sd app. i'm using 7.2 rc 1 for 1week with EXTREME a2sd wich should make the phone very unstable, and i have no problems at all. maybe check your sd-card. if not go back to stock recovery (i can share it if you want) to get rid of the very bugged CWM then install giopro1.4 or any other rom, maybe even stock roms

Yes I and everyone has a problem, But that is life with software,
As you do not reformat your SDCARD prior to installing cm7.2 not only I but everyone, can at this moment not be sure of the result (Re install,or first install)
phiexz's, was unlucky to stumble on that problem, i'm sure everyone would have made an error somewhere in view with the quantity of work to be done.
Sorry phiexz but i'm more focused on the problem then the person, your work, (and that is towards the person) phiexz is simply great.

But in a forum about RCxxx one needs to be able to say that. Especially since it first presented itself as a titanium error general file system corruption. Multiple people have s2e,a2sd problems, possibly related. It is a foundation problem caused by recovery... this makes it hard to detect and with multiple riples on all fronts. These problems only occur from a certain load point, but being hidden it gets into a bomb instead of a problem (imagine weels falling off a car only above 120 km/hour).
Be warned, if you restart untill the error is repaired (formatting ext4 in CWM)

As many I do not like the problem, and I'm pushy,since I do not like the unlucky issue, but in the end its a bug.
I will continue reporting bugs, conf Email exchange problem just on second user account, I agree strange, but very reproducible, only asked and published after I'was reasonable sure it's not my config that is messed up by ???. if not GIO related ill move to general CM.
There a lot of readers in the world , implicit a lot of testers (original question) the resulting CM will be tested and of quality.

kajjtan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 10
I have a question when I turn on phone I see Samsung gt-s5660 tralala and then word ANDROID (didnt noticed it in earler versions) and only then I get bootanimation, how to remove first two or maybe just word ANDROID from booting? I want just boot animation there is a way or not? Thanks

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk

einsal
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin2003 View Post
Also the free internal memory size stil the same when i switch from the stock rom to this rom.
oh sorry, here i just edited it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by einsal View Post
if you meant about how much internal memory size gio have after installed this rom, it should have about 178MB on me...
Android does not any smarter than any other smartphone... But it would make you smarter than any other smartphone users...

Mid-low android is not even one bit smarter than any high-end android... But yes again, it would make you smarter than mostly high-end users...

(Thx me if you agree, LOL!)

haroldje
Old
(Last edited by haroldje; 29th December 2011 at 09:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
I wonder about the people that do stuff the wrong way round, or use double apps for the same thing, and then complain that "it does not work"

Its clearly stated that you use this stuff at your rick,
Quote:
I am not responsible for any damage to your phone
so if romA does the trick and romC failed, go back?

No use crying over spilled milk when you can get a new milk ?

I use this Mod from begining, updated kernel, updated mod to B1 now.. nothing wrong as long as i watch and reinstall gapps, bever wiped / cleared / flushed , all working as planned

phiexz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2085

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmbruckner View Post
Many people seem to prefer s2e to Darktremor a2sd.
Can anyone tell me why? a2sd seems much more reliable.
Is it just the simpler installation?
Quote:
hm... as for me i just thought phiexz ported it optimized with s2e...
s2e is the best 3rd app for sd-ext for cm7. i've seen many commet about it
a2sd is still in beta, last update was january 2011 right?
basically s2e must better from a2sd, but until now s2e still not stable on this rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by valexi View Post
YESSS!!
I got the ADB working!

Had to use this guide:
http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how...droid-devices/
lol, so the problem is driver???
ahahahaha

DarkShadow69
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I'm unable to install this rom. I'm on CyanogenMod 7.2-GIO-KANG-RC0 build 4. Everytime I try to install this rom I got stuck at ANDROID logo which appears before cwm recovery starts

shuegig
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow69 View Post
I'm unable to install this rom. I'm on CyanogenMod 7.2-GIO-KANG-RC0 build 4. Everytime I try to install this rom I got stuck at ANDROID logo which appears before cwm recovery starts
Dont mount anything when installing

Sent from the GUN in my pants

shuegig
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
hey shue you still have prob with that s2e things huh?

maybe the problem was from your cm7 before updating to cm7.2 n how u activated the s2e

i'll suggest u 2 scenario:

#1) if u using cm7.1 rc3.0, activated s2e there, then do 'no wipe' flashing update to cm 7.2 and you would have s2e have been activated on your cm7.2

#2) if u using cm7.2 rc0 b4, don't do any s2e activated action there (don't mount your ext4 yet!), if you already have, clear it or maybe uninstalled it reformatting your ext4 again. then flashin to cm7.2 and it should be have no problem now activated s2e on your cm7.2

all works and actually that how i build cm7.2 rc1 with s2e activated on my gio without flashing any more kernel...
Okay, this is getting frustrasting lol.
This is what I did -
Was on 7.1 rc3.0 previously.
On Cwm , factory resetted did not mount anything. , installed the zip, followed by gapps, booted, restored s2e, activated it clicked import just to try and flashed 7.2 again in cwm recovery. Booted again, and tried s2e, still. Doesn't recognize my ext4. I'm sure I have an ext4, cos I changed to a new card and i just formatted it into ext4 from the original FAT. Freespace also doesn't recognize my ext either. Arghh,
Sent from the GUN in my pants

waqasshahzad1986
Old
(Last edited by waqasshahzad1986; 30th December 2011 at 06:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 396
@phiexz , Updater-script in Cyanogenmod 7.2 RC1 is a mess , only one partition is formatting , if someone want to flash this cm 7.2 from stock rom he will not be able to do that. in previous 7.1 there was unnecessary sd-ext4 formatting .

If you guys wanna trouble free installation of CM 7.2 RC1 , download the attached updater-script.zip unzip and replace in update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-b1-gio-KANG-signed.zip/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.

NOTE: there is An Android LOGO at start , that is normal , just wait for few second it will go away.
Attached Files
File Type: zip updater-script.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.0 KB, 23 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to waqasshahzad1986 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cyanogen, gio
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe