Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Touchpad won't turn on - home+power doesn't work

OP suremail

12th May 2012, 06:33 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 4

130 posts
got the touchpad to boot up....
Well, after a couple of weeks I played with it again. I plugged it in directly to the wall charger and the touchstone together at the same time. I ended up hearing a faint click coming from the device.....very faint...

Ended up leaving it on the touchstone and unplugging and plugging in the other wall charger. The home button after about a minute of doing this started to flash left to right. Never seen this before. I then left both chargers plugged in for about and hour then the low battery symbol appeared! Left it on both chargers for about 8 hours and it booted back into webos (my default).

Going to test cm9....may end up removing it. Webos seems to have everything i need.

Hope ths helps someone....
The Following User Says Thank You to teezle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #52  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 41

456 posts
More
good morning everybody.

i posted last 2 days ago my tp was not working and was completely dead. i will tell you what i did to revive it and i do no gurantee it to work but share my experience only.

touchpad completely dead...

1) leave in charger for 1 to 2 days straight without removing charger
2) press power and press home key (front face screen key) unlimited times)
3) after that i take out charger and plug it back in

and it worked. i also twitched with the charger itself back and forth twisting and turning it then i plugged it in.

hope this helps
16th May 2012, 01:05 PM   |  #53  
Flag Rogers
Thanks Meter: 52

162 posts
More
My Touchpad died yesterday and it wouldn't charge. When plugged in it would just show the charging image and wouldn't boot up no matter what. I left it plugged in and eventually it booted up. The screen showed it was charging but at zero percent no matter how long I left it. I went into Settings, Storage, Menu, USB Computer connection and I noticed MTP was unchecked. I checked it and noticed within minutes it started charging.
19th May 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #54  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 4

59 posts
I have tried everything on this thread and nothing worked, device just recognized by the computer as QHUSB_LOAD. I contacted HP via chat. Our devices are still under warranty so even if you bought it from ebay/craigslist you should be able to send it for repair.

they didnt ask more than the serial number.

I suggest you just send your table in for repairs....
( crosses fingers hoping they dont send me a ****ty broken one back)

=========================================
8:11 PM Addison:
“Because your tablet is in warranty, the repair option is Repair and Return with Box option at no charge. We’ll send you an empty box with a prepaid label in which to return your tablet to our repair facility.
8:11 PM Addison:
The process takes 7 to 10 business days from the date you ship your device. After repairs are made, your device is returned to you using 2-day air.
=========================================
21st May 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
I'm having the same issue.

My touchpad is out of warranty and stuck in loader/download mode.

Any of you experimented with QPST or other qualcomm software? I created a new thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...post&t=1666106
22nd May 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
Thank you. I will try it.
28th May 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #57  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 36

747 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teezle

Well, after a couple of weeks I played with it again. I plugged it in directly to the wall charger and the touchstone together at the same time. I ended up hearing a faint click coming from the device.....very faint...

Ended up leaving it on the touchstone and unplugging and plugging in the other wall charger. The home button after about a minute of doing this started to flash left to right. Never seen this before. I then left both chargers plugged in for about and hour then the low battery symbol appeared! Left it on both chargers for about 8 hours and it booted back into webos (my default).

That worked for me! Of course I'm still in phase one with the home button light flashing from side to side. Will let it continue to charge till I can see the screen turn on.

Mine has been dead for 2 whole days now. Continually charging it didn't help. Read every post on the internet, tried every combination and nothing worked including connecting it to the computer.

Thanks mate. For anyone else reading this. Do it in the exact same order. Place the TP on a powered touchstone and after a few seconds (under 10), turn on the wall charger.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
9th June 2012, 08:10 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 107

257 posts
My wife's touchpad got into this state after running right down. No sign of charging on either Touchstone or cable connected. Chargers remained cool. Screen was totally black, no battery icons at all.

I tried all the button combo press methods. No joy.

I was going to try the Touchstone + USB charger method but before that tried the cable charger method where I plugged in the micro USB cable and repeatedly removed and re-inserted the USB end from the power brick. After about 15 goes then the red battery icon appeared and it started charging. A few minutes later it booted into CM9 with 1% battery and has now recharged successfully.

I believe the theory here is that each time the power goes on the charging circuit manages to get some juice into the battery before then deciding the battery is too low to continue charging. Enough of these then give the battery enough charge to persuade the charging circuit that it is OK to continue.

I'm not saying it works for all possible states, but it allowed me to breath a sigh of relief.
9th June 2012, 08:39 PM   |  #59  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 48

251 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtidey

My wife's touchpad got into this state after running right down. No sign of charging on either Touchstone or cable connected. Chargers remained cool. Screen was totally black, no battery icons at all.

I tried all the button combo press methods. No joy.

I was going to try the Touchstone + USB charger method but before that tried the cable charger method where I plugged in the micro USB cable and repeatedly removed and re-inserted the USB end from the power brick. After about 15 goes then the red battery icon appeared and it started charging. A few minutes later it booted into CM9 with 1% battery and has now recharged successfully.

I believe the theory here is that each time the power goes on the charging circuit manages to get some juice into the battery before then deciding the battery is too low to continue charging. Enough of these then give the battery enough charge to persuade the charging circuit that it is OK to continue.

I'm not saying it works for all possible states, but it allowed me to breath a sigh of relief.

I'm so glad I read this before ever having this problem. I will never let my TouchPad run out of battery...ever!

Sent from my Epic Touch (Blazer ROM) using XDA
9th June 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 107

257 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benthe1

I'm so glad I read this before ever having this problem. I will never let my TouchPad run out of battery...ever!

Sent from my Epic Touch (Blazer ROM) using XDA

Having realised the danger, I have now set up tasks to trigger a shutdown if battery level falls below 10% on both of out Touchpads. I used Tasker on mine as I had that already. Automateit offers the same type of functionality. Hopefully at some stage this will get integrated into CM9 operation.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
no power, touchpad
Previous Thread Next Thread