Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

problem with optimus 7 device. would appreciate the help

Tip us?

exousus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default problem with optimus 7 device. would appreciate the help

Hey,

So here`s my problem.
2 days ago my phone just switched off, no warning, no nothing, and won`t switch on ever since.
I already looked around for people that may have the same problem, but every thread talks about the device that won`t go pass the logo screen. It is not my case. My phone doesen`t even show the logo screen, nothing. You can press the power button for as long as you want, it just won`t start. At occasions, it starts up by itself, only for a minute or two and then turns off again.
At first i thought it may be a software problem, so I`ve cold started it and reset it but it didn`t make any difference.
After, I`ve thought... maybe a battery issue, so I`ve talked with a pal that has the same device, switched batteries. Apparently his phone started with my battery just fine, but mine didn`t work with his either.
Does anyone have a clue about what`s happening?.. If yes, please do share. As much as I like having a phone with a mind of it`s own.. it`s just not dependable XD

Thanks

ZOMO
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Probably just broken / defective - if under warranty go and ask for repair or replacement (money back probably). If not under warranty sell as broken or throw to the bin - not to worth repair in my opinion.
ZOMO

fco116
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I spend the same thing to my myself, LG stinks.

Sent from my HTC ONE V using xda app-developers app

exousus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for answering.

Yes, it was a problem with the motherboard.. got it fixed on warranty. Now I barely use the phone, of fear that it will break againXD. Looking forward to selling it while it`s still functional.

ZOMO
Old
(Last edited by ZOMO; 30th November 2012 at 06:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by exousus View Post
Thanks for answering.

Yes, it was a problem with the motherboard.. got it fixed on warranty. Now I barely use the phone, of fear that it will break againXD. Looking forward to selling it while it`s still functional.

I've got mine just back from repair (second time). It use to randomly reboot, now I hope it got repaired ("faulty electronic components have been replaced" - but I don't know what exactly). What I realize is MAC address change. But as they changed firmware from 1.1.8.10 to 1.0.16.10, I wonder if that's why it has new MAC? Does new MAC address means that some component was replaced ? IMEI does not change.