FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

[SOLVED] force update by editing build.prop, Also: [WIP] list of CDA strings!

339 posts
Thanks Meter: 45
 
By dryhte, Senior Member on 8th December 2011, 10:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th December 2011, 08:52 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
LOL - nobody interested in building this list? It's an additional way of getting newer firmwares on your phone :cool: apparently this was quite a popular topic in the Xperia X10 forum...

Sent from my SK17i using XDA App
 
 
26th December 2011, 11:01 AM |#12  
r33p's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103
 
Donate to Me
More
X10 who?
26th December 2011, 06:46 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey, nice job!
I'd love to get the code for the Latin America region.

What's the difference of updating with SEUS and PC Companion?

Thanks!
26th December 2011, 10:55 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tianGO

Hey, nice job!
I'd love to get the code for the Latin America region.

Maybe someone is so good to share it with us :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianGO

What's the difference of updating with SEUS and PC Companion?


My guess is that it should be exactly the same... Except that seus does nothing else than updates/restores whereas pcc tries to be everything to everyone ;)



Sent from my SK17i using XDA App
12th January 2012, 01:58 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Flag Kortrijk
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey,
after long searching i'm glad to have found this post. I also have a branded phone of Mobistar and still stuck on 4.0.A.2.335 and i've tried everything described in this post, but i'm unable to succeed...
Things i've done:
- rooted my phone with Root / Unroot Sony Ericsson Xperia 2011 v1.5 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1346198)
- installed ES File explorer and located the build.prop file
but i can't save the file and i'm unable to change the file permissions.

Can anyone help and tell me what i've done wrong???

Many thx in advance
12th January 2012, 02:19 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgoddeeris

Hey,
after long searching i'm glad to have found this post. I also have a branded phone of Mobistar and still stuck on 4.0.A.2.335 and i've tried everything described in this post, but i'm unable to succeed...
Things i've done:
- rooted my phone with Root / Unroot Sony Ericsson Xperia 2011 v1.5 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1346198)
- installed ES File explorer and located the build.prop file
but i can't save the file and i'm unable to change the file permissions.

Can anyone help and tell me what i've done wrong???

Many thx in advance

I'm at work atm so can't go into too much detail, but what I did is:
- copy the build.prop file with es file explorer to my sd card
- edit it while connected to my pc & save
- make sure my es file explorer has root access (check settings, maybe there's a flag that must be set first)
- copy back the build.prop file (I didn't change any file permissions IIRC)
The Following User Says Thank You to dryhte For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2012, 02:43 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Flag Kortrijk
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryhte

I'm at work atm so can't go into too much detail, but what I did is:
- copy the build.prop file with es file explorer to my sd card
- edit it while connected to my pc & save
- make sure my es file explorer has root access (check settings, maybe there's a flag that must be set first)
- copy back the build.prop file (I didn't change any file permissions IIRC)

THX SO MUCH !!!!
was finally able to update
stupid Mobistar...
12th January 2012, 07:10 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgoddeeris

THX SO MUCH !!!!
was finally able to update
stupid Mobistar...

;)

Sent from my SK17i using XDA App
21st January 2012, 01:42 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Hi,

as I promised (but with some delay )

hope it will help you.

'cause I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve. Could you maybe explain it one more time?
Attached Files
File Type: zip build.prop.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.7 KB, 78 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to swimon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2012, 05:10 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimon

Hi,

as I promised (but with some delay )

hope it will help you.

'cause I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve. Could you maybe explain it one more time?

Okay, so if you edit this build.prop file (and just change the CDA code, in your case 1254-0468, to another existing SK17I code) you can fool SEUS into thinking that you have a phone from another region or operator, and give you another firmware than you would've gotten, or even give you an update even while none was available for you. Not useful for you, but very useful for people with a branded phone like me, who want to debrand or just update it.

Sent from my SK17i using XDA App
23rd January 2012, 04:09 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Got another CDA to add to the list, this time for UK O2 branded SK17i
1250-0859
The Following User Says Thank You to Matchstick For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes