[KERNEL][3.0.31][OC, CIFS, TUN]intersectRaven's Kernel 07/31/2012 17:34
This is my personally compiled kernel for the Kindle Fire with a few optimizations.
DooMLoRD - for helping greatly in my initial trials on how to create kernels for the Fire
g1011999 - for providing a working .config
paulobrien - insecure boot image
franciscofranco - for some of the ARM optimizations which I've missed since I stopped modding the N1
hashcode - the 3.0 kernel base
- compiled using Mjolnir
- CPU overclocking code from OMAPZOOM repositories
- ARM code optimizations
What doesn't work:
same bugs as Hashcode's
- backported cleancache and zcache improvements from 3.4
- added further tweaks to interactive scheduler
- rebased experimental optimization to minimize chance of faulty merge
- rebased to hashcode's 3.0.31 kernel with support for the touchscreen filter
- added an experimental optimization which in theory should make the kernel a bit more responsive...at least in theory...
- numerous ARM optimizations (most from the 2.6 series)
- ported CM's changes to the interactive governor and low memory killer
- GPU driver is compiled into the kernel
- integrated latest BFQ release 4 for selection (not default) in SetCPU
- integrated shutdown fix from hashcode
- first 3.0 release with almost all my tweaks
- final fix for TUN without module (if it still doesn't work, going to module in next release)
- UTF8 support for file systems
- some optimizations
- minor update for fixing OpenVPN based VPNs
- unification release (unified all my modifications with my Galaxy Nexus kernel and restarted from scratch)
- ARM optimizations
- OC without thermal control
- compiler optimizations
- CIFS and TUN enabled
- now based on 22.214.171.124
- now in zip version for easier flashing
Instructions (stock WiFi driver):
1.) Boot to fastboot
2.) Test first using fastboot boot command
Instructions (custom WiFi driver):
1.) Turn off WiFi.
2.) Use adb push command to push tiwlan_drv.ko to /sdcard/
3.) Using root explorer, rename tiwlan_drv.ko from /system/etc/wifi to tiwlan_drv.ko.bak.
4.) Usring root explorer, copy tiwlan_drv.ko from /sdcard/ to /system/etc/wifi. Make sure permissions are same with other files in directory together with owner and group being set to root.
5.) Reboot to fastboot and TEST FIRST using fastboot boot command
Detailed instructions are on the next post.
Xperia Z1 Compact - Stock ROM w/ own kernel
Nexus 7 (2013) - Stock ROM w/ own kernel
Buy me a beer (or something...)
BitCoin donations accepted: