Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] HTC Car Panel & Google Car Home

OP crxtasi

9th December 2011, 05:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
SoCal
Thanks Meter: 25

298 posts
More
OK guys I just want to share an app that I've been using since the nexus one but missed it with my amaze which is a good car dock app. HTC has Car Panel which is nice but not as good as Google's Car Home which you can customize.

HTC Car Panel

Google Car Home

To install Google Car Home you will need to install HTC Car Panel too because for some reason Google Car Home doesn't install an icon for sense roms.

This is where Car Panel comes in, when you open the app drawer select Car Panel select Car Home.

One of the things I like about Google Car Home is the fact that it can automatically open the app once it sees that you are connected to your cars bluetooth and disables it once you disconnect.

The only thing that doesn't work is when you go to settings and select Android Setting it will force close(probably cause of sense)

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: apk HtcCarPanel.apk - [Click for QR Code] (432.5 KB, 2760 views)
File Type: apk com.google.android.carhome-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (587.0 KB, 2071 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crxtasi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2011, 08:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chino
Thanks Meter: 139

905 posts
More
EDIT: Oh sorry I just saw that they are 2 different apps. NVM

what is the difference in the 2 attached files? I do see one file is bigger than the other in kb size.
11th December 2011, 05:09 PM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 138

786 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxtasi

OK guys I just want to share an app that I've been using since the nexus one but missed it with my amaze which is a good car dock app. HTC has Car Panel which is nice but not as good as Google's Car Home which you can customize.

HTC Car Panel

Google Car Home

To install Google Car Home you will need to install HTC Car Panel too because for some reason Google Car Home doesn't install an icon for sense roms.

This is where Car Panel comes in, when you open the app drawer select Car Panel select Car Home.

One of the things I like about Google Car Home is the fact that it can automatically open the app once it sees that you are connected to your cars bluetooth and disables it once you disconnect.

The only thing that doesn't work is when you go to settings and select Android Setting it will force close(probably cause of sense)

Enjoy!

P.s. FOOTPRINTS WILL NOT work, because we do not have that app on our phone...I see no benefit to using HTC car panel, I use car home, in conjunction with vlingo car mode.....flawless...I just wish vlingo car would start up on its on when I plug it into my car charger but its in beta for now...If I could I would use vlingo car for everything...I has everything I need.
The Following User Says Thank You to seansk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th December 2011, 06:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 525

871 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxtasi

Hey thanks for sharing this man, I for one, and surely others will check this out - don't understand some folks - what can I say, some do not read anything -
and then others........... ??????
The Following User Says Thank You to CalicoJeb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2011, 08:44 AM   |  #5  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 11

115 posts
More
I am using car home ultra it is by far the BEST!!! CHECK IT OUT. They have 30 day free trial.

Sent from something AMAZING!!!!
2nd January 2012, 04:22 AM   |  #6  
philly
Thanks Meter: 6

50 posts
More
doh, i been looking for this ever since i picked up one of those car kits tmobile is sellin (very nice looking, albeit fragile, contraption btw, i highly recommend)

do either of these autostart when the phone gets plugged in do they?

regardless, thanks for sharing =)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread