Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,317 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] HTC Car Panel & Google Car Home

Tip us?

crxtasi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [APP] HTC Car Panel & Google Car Home

OK guys I just want to share an app that I've been using since the nexus one but missed it with my amaze which is a good car dock app. HTC has Car Panel which is nice but not as good as Google's Car Home which you can customize.

HTC Car Panel

Google Car Home

To install Google Car Home you will need to install HTC Car Panel too because for some reason Google Car Home doesn't install an icon for sense roms.

This is where Car Panel comes in, when you open the app drawer select Car Panel select Car Home.

One of the things I like about Google Car Home is the fact that it can automatically open the app once it sees that you are connected to your cars bluetooth and disables it once you disconnect.

The only thing that doesn't work is when you go to settings and select Android Setting it will force close(probably cause of sense)

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: apk HtcCarPanel.apk - [Click for QR Code] (432.5 KB, 2710 views)
File Type: apk com.google.android.carhome-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (587.0 KB, 2026 views)

HTC Amaze(W)
<S-Off> <Football's Leaked T-Mo ICS> <4EXT Recovery>

myTouch 4g (W) semi retired
.: :: Zips Creamed Glacier :: :.

(retired)Nexus One/myTouch/ G1/ HTC Dash/ 2 MDAs/ ATT Tilt
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crxtasi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fcpelayo
Old
Thanks Meter 139
EDIT: Oh sorry I just saw that they are 2 different apps. NVM

what is the difference in the 2 attached files? I do see one file is bigger than the other in kb size.

seansk
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxtasi View Post
OK guys I just want to share an app that I've been using since the nexus one but missed it with my amaze which is a good car dock app. HTC has Car Panel which is nice but not as good as Google's Car Home which you can customize.

HTC Car Panel

Google Car Home

To install Google Car Home you will need to install HTC Car Panel too because for some reason Google Car Home doesn't install an icon for sense roms.

This is where Car Panel comes in, when you open the app drawer select Car Panel select Car Home.

One of the things I like about Google Car Home is the fact that it can automatically open the app once it sees that you are connected to your cars bluetooth and disables it once you disconnect.

The only thing that doesn't work is when you go to settings and select Android Setting it will force close(probably cause of sense)

Enjoy!
P.s. FOOTPRINTS WILL NOT work, because we do not have that app on our phone...I see no benefit to using HTC car panel, I use car home, in conjunction with vlingo car mode.....flawless...I just wish vlingo car would start up on its on when I plug it into my car charger but its in beta for now...If I could I would use vlingo car for everything...I has everything I need.
The Following User Says Thank You to seansk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CalicoJeb
Old
Thanks Meter 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxtasi View Post
Hey thanks for sharing this man, I for one, and surely others will check this out - don't understand some folks - what can I say, some do not read anything -
and then others........... ??????
Nexus 4.99999
ROM? Who Cares - Its AndyLKat - ..I Sample Them All
The Following User Says Thank You to CalicoJeb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neoissuperman
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I am using car home ultra it is by far the BEST!!! CHECK IT OUT. They have 30 day free trial.

Sent from something AMAZING!!!!

death2verizon
Old
Thanks Meter 6
doh, i been looking for this ever since i picked up one of those car kits tmobile is sellin (very nice looking, albeit fragile, contraption btw, i highly recommend)

do either of these autostart when the phone gets plugged in do they?

regardless, thanks for sharing =)