Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Radio]Skyrocket Radio Thread

Tip us?

RiNo808
Old
Thanks Meter 103
For AT&T, which radio has the best reception in you're opinion...

Sent via rooted SkyRocket
Phone: Sammy Note 3
Rom: Dynamic / Rooted
Radio: Stock
Launcher: SS Launcher
Kernel: Stock
Root: Safestrap

Phone: Galaxy Gear
Rom: Null 18
Radio: DNA
Launcher: Nova
Kernel: Stock

Da_G
Old
Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1512

DONATE TO ME
After much testing, the current selection of radios seem to offer no difference in performance, the major difference is that the Rogers radio is RAT unrestricted vs. RAT restricted AT&T radio, which allows you to type "*#2263#" in the dialer and set the phone to 2g only, 3g only, 4g only, etc.
Support my work! The more phones I can get my hands on the more ROM goodness I can churn out. Like BUTTAH

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Da_G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Longcat14
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G View Post
After much testing, the current selection of radios seem to offer no difference in performance, the major difference is that the Rogers radio is RAT unrestricted vs. RAT restricted AT&T radio, which allows you to type "*#2263#" in the dialer and set the phone to 2g only, 3g only, 4g only, etc.
Ok... so I totally managed to **** something.

Picked a band, and I can't get signal anymore. Reflashed TPC v3, nothing. New modem, nothing...

Crap.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longcat14 View Post
Ok... so I totally managed to **** something.

Picked a band, and I can't get signal anymore. Reflashed TPC v3, nothing. New modem, nothing...

Crap.
FIXED IT! Apparently taking out my SIM card and putting it back in fixed it.
Current Phone

Samsung Galaxy S5 - AT&T
-----------------------------------------
Rooted
-----------------------------------------

Previous Phone(s):
HTC One M8 - Samsung Galaxy S III Pebble Blue - Apple iPhone 4S

lart2150
Old
Thanks Meter 194
I'm running KK1 and can dd a partition if that's what you need. PM me or message me on irondust(lart).

wmason92
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey, noob question but whats the point of flashing this radio lol? Does this actually allow you to use the radio that the skyrocket was supposed to come with but doesnt have an app for?

Da_G
Old
Thanks Meter 1512

DONATE TO ME
These are the firmware that control the Cellular Radio, DSP (Digital Signal Processor) and various bootloaders, not the FM radio that may or may not be part of our bluetooth chipset

BTW, AT&T 2.3.6 KK1 radio coming up shortly courtesy of lart, I'm just packaging it up now
Support my work! The more phones I can get my hands on the more ROM goodness I can churn out. Like BUTTAH

wmason92
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the fast apply, I appreciate it =) I wish we could get the radio to work on the phone if it really is built in

Da_G
Old
Thanks Meter 1512

DONATE TO ME
Did anyone take close up photos of our motherboard yet?

There are various FM radio drivers contained in the kernel, but all of them are disabled @ stock config. No idea if the chip is actually present or not, or if it is, if it's physically wired to the headphone jack (FM radio uses headphone cord as antenna generally speaking)

Close up pics of the motherboard would tell us if it's there or not

buffalo960
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I just tried out the rogers radio (I am on ATT) and I was getting extremely low data speeds on EDGE, UMTS, and HSPA+ (10kBps) (tried both phone and PTA apns). Making calls worked fine though.

jbsg02
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Flashed the radio and am playing around with the bands using 2263, looks like I can force EDGE by selecting GSM (I assume we should select the 850/1900 for AT&T) and can force hspa by selecting the WCDMA)

How would I force it into 3G only mode, (UMTS?)