5,599,977 Members 45,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Really Slow Internet Speeds In LTE Market.

Tip us?

icemanscion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Really Slow Internet Speeds In LTE Market.

So I live in Chicago, IL and have a skyrocket from ATT with the rooted 2.3.6 stock rom. I have however never gotten anywhere near the LTE speeds others rave about. The highest speed I have ever had was 6m d 2m up and that was RARE. I usually get 3m up 1m down. I wonder however if it could be from my sim card as the guy at att just took my Galaxy s2 sim and put it in the skyrocket. Any help would be much appreciated. And I am always in the city or in the suburb which houses O'Hare international airport so I think I should be doing fine signal wise.

jedah
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanscion View Post
So I live in Chicago, IL and have a skyrocket from ATT with the rooted 2.3.6 stock rom. I have however never gotten anywhere near the LTE speeds others rave about. The highest speed I have ever had was 6m d 2m up and that was RARE. I usually get 3m up 1m down. I wonder however if it could be from my sim card as the guy at att just took my Galaxy s2 sim and put it in the skyrocket. Any help would be much appreciated. And I am always in the city or in the suburb which houses O'Hare international airport so I think I should be doing fine signal wise.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you seeing the 4G LTE icon? Or just 4G?

I also exchanged an S2 for an SR, and they also just swapped my SIM. LTE recently soft launched in LA, and I've gotten speeds between 8 to 19Mbps (before I usually hovered between 2 and 3Mbps).

DRamer77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i was going to ask the same thing.. im guessing your not even getting LTE just HSPA+

icemanscion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default LTE ICON

I see the LTE Icon.

FireBladeCBR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I get 15 to 25 dn and 10 up in dfw, stock skyrocket

Mortem Tuam
Old
Thanks Meter 2185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanscion View Post
Chicago was one of the first LTE markets and with 10 million people in the city and suburbs...it's bound to be a little slower than some of the smaller citys.

I live in Naperville and usually get 10-15 down and occasional 25-30 down....I am sure the city of Chicago is probably less.
Nexus 7 : Galaxy Nexus : Samsung Galaxy S2 SkyRocket : LG GSlate

Follow The Collective on Twitter @CollectiveDevs
Follow The Collective on G+ http://gplus.to/CollectiveDevs

00mred00
Old
Thanks Meter 404

DONATE TO ME
At the far edge of a towers broadcast I have seen the speeds will be lower.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

DRamer77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
yea thats way low for LTE no matter how many people are on the network.. have you tried restarting the phone and see if it is better ?

this is the best ive seen locally on HSPA+

00mred00
Old
Thanks Meter 404

DONATE TO ME
When you press menu.settings.about phone.status

What is listed next to network type.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

shaggyskunk
Old
Thanks Meter 3796
I AM in Ottawa, Canada and LTE speed is great.... IF you are in the pretty narrow band of coverage.
Some people have reported issues, with not being able to make calls when the LTE icon was displayed..
LTE may have been up for a few months, but it seems that maybe the carriers rushed, just to be the first?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using XDA App