Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,966 Members 42,008 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.0.4][MTD] CyanogenMod 9.0.0 | READ : http://goo.gl/rkEeh

Tip us?

espionage724
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike1985 View Post
Did you miss to write down that you flashed gapps or didn't you do it?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
That last kernel was supposed to be gapps lol

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber

kolya82
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdesai View Post
[CODE]

CyanogenMod 9 is still under heavy development and will probably be finished on 30th of February, 2012.
Lolz =)). anyway thanks guys so much!
The Following User Says Thank You to kolya82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KazeOne
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolya82 View Post
Lolz =)). anyway thanks guys so much!
ya Im thinking they meant the 29th, a nice leap year release ^_^

c0nvict
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Is there any way to port samsung apps or samsung task manager on this rom?

sohrab1985
Old
Thanks Meter 270
I just found out that the problem that I have with wifi is in my whole country.
We're using Edge sim card here and that's why you don't have any problem with your wifi.
But for us, we can only use one of these, GSM or WIFI, we cannot use both at the same time.
I know it's not your problem, but I'd be greatful if you could just take a look at it. Not that I'm not greatful, I could never imagine having ICS on my tab and now thanks to you guys I have a 99% functional version of it on my tablet, I am greatful, I just thought that I ask one last time.

priyana
Old
Thanks Meter 1248
you mean this problem with GSM and WIFI exists only in ICS/CM9 not in GB?
And while on WIFI you can't make call either? (say you screw up the APN deliberately so you get no mobile data, then connect to WIFI, then make a call).
The Following User Says Thank You to priyana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ableeker
Old
(Last edited by ableeker; 21st February 2012 at 10:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
I've done some more experiments, and I'm pretty sure I can't boot my self-compiled ROM using the built-in boot.img, because my boot.img is faulty.

- The Tab doesn't boot if I just flash my self-compiled ROM (which includes my self-compiled boot.img).
- The Tab boots if I flash my self-compiled zImage as well as my self-compiled ROM.
- The Tab doesn't boot if I flash my self-compiled boot.img as well as my self-compiled ROM.
- My self-compiled boot.img is 6.8 MB.
- slim's 2/20 boot.img is 10 MB.
- The Tab boots if take my self-compiled ROM and replace my self-compiled 6.8 MB boot.img with slim's 10 MB boot.img (the same ROM except for boot.img, and no zImage flashed!).

It seems my ROM is fine, but my boot.img is faulty. But both are build by scripts/build.sh p1 eng! Are there special instruction for building boot.img? If so, can somebody please tell me how to build a valid 10 MB boot.img? If not, can somebody please tell me how to build a valid 10 MB boot.img?

Thanks!

mudcruzr
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ableeker View Post
I've done some more experiments, and I'm pretty sure I can't boot my self-compiled ROM using the built-in boot.img, because my boot.img is faulty.

- The Tab boots if I flash zImage as well as the ROM.
- The Tab doesn't boot if I flash boot.img as well as the ROM.
- My boot.img is 6.8 MB.
- slim's 2/20 boot.img is 10 MB.
- The Tab boots if take my self-compiled ROM and replace my 6.8 MB boot.img with slim's 10 MB boot.img (so the same ROM except for boot.img, and no zImage flashed!).

It seems my ROM is fine, but my boot.img is faulty. But both are build by scripts/build.sh p1 eng! Are there special instruction for building boot.img? If so, can somebody please tell me how to build a valid 10 MB boot.img? If not, can somebody please tell me how to build a valid 10 MB boot.img?

Thanks!
+1 this, I have exactly the same issue, 6.8mb boot.img that doesn't.

- mud

sohrab1985
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyana View Post
you mean this problem with GSM and WIFI exists only in ICS/CM9 not in GB?
And while on WIFI you can't make call either? (say you screw up the APN deliberately so you get no mobile data, then connect to WIFI, then make a call).
Yeah, unfortunately it's on ICS/CM9. We don't have this problem on GB.
The problem is when we flash the rom, GSM works fine but wifi won't connect to our router, in fact it barely finds our router.
Now if we delete Phone.apk or remove sim card and then from recovery wipe data, wifi works the way it supposed to, but the moment we replace Phone.apk or put sim card back into the tab, after a reboot, the problem is back again.
First I thought it's just me but yesterday I was in a forum from my country, it's basically a copy-paste from xda, so usually I never go there but I thought maybe I find a solution. After reading the whole forum I found out that they're having the exact problem and they use the same solution just to use wifi.

nemory
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Any good news?

Any new features added? fixed? improved?
My dream is to be a part of the Android Team in Google, or in the Cyanogenmod Team. Yeah!!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe