Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I've had it with this phone...

Tip us?

ZoinksS2k
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Alls I'm saying is that opening an emotionally charged thread and asking people to prove they don't have the problem is a dick move.
HTC EVO | Samsung Captivate | Motorola Atrix | HTC EVO 3D | Samsung Galaxy S II | Samsung Galaxy S III | Samsung Galaxy Note | Samsung Galaxy Note II | Xperia Z1 6902
VS Gtab | iPAD | Samsung Tab | iPAD 2 | Motorola Xoom | Samsung Tab 10.1 Wifi | Samsung Tab 10.1 LTE | Google Nexus 10 | Xperia Tablet Z
The Following User Says Thank You to ZoinksS2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

biggerswede
Old
Thanks Meter 4
My major concern is the LAG. No matter what ROM or Kernel I've found several times per day there will be LAG. Sometimes when you need to unlock the Note, sometimes when you press contacts it takes a few sec, when you press SMS a few seconds. The funny thing is that sometimes when you press the same APP it opens up BLITZ fast, like it should. Coming from Iphone 3GS I never had this type of LAG except when my kids played with my phone and had started all the apps there was.

Also with the hardware in the Samsung Note I think it should be even faster however would love to have some in depth knowledge on how there can be LAG och a dual processor with 1.6mhz with SetCPU. Clearly its not a RAM issue since I have default programs.

Using the Note with RocketRom V13 and Abyssnote 2.6 makes the phone so much better than TouchWiz, but LAG is something I just can't stand. How can Samsung release a phone with original software that LAGS? Thats just stupid.

The screen problem that you guys are complaining about I've tried to see with my eyes and I don´t seem to have it.

Im still happy with the switch from Iphone 3gs but I'm hoping for major upgrades with ICS for the Note.

BEst forum EVER!

intruda119
Old
Thanks Meter 144
I thought we were done with this thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using xda premium
Phones: Current-Galaxy s2 Skyrocket.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1023825
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1043880&page=2

As buyer:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1024138

These are just some. Only if people would leave feedback. Would be nice.

apprentice
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoinksS2k View Post
Alls I'm saying is that opening an emotionally charged thread and asking people to prove they don't have the problem is a dick move.
I agree, well said.
XDA member since 2005 (the days when I loved my O2 XDA II)
My 'most recent' owned devices:

ASUS
Transformer, Padfone 2

GOOGLE
Nexus 7, Nexus 7 (2013)

HTC
EVO 3D, One (M7), One (M8)

SONY
Xperia Play, Xperia Z2

SAMSUNG
Note, Note II, Note 3, Note 8.0, Note 10.1
S3, S4, S5, S4 Zoom, Galaxy K Zoom
Galaxy Camera and Galaxy Gear
Tab Pro 8.4

schaggo
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by intruda119 View Post
I would think news websites like engadget would be all over it.
Well, there's that. Didn't happen until now, screen as faulty as the definitively faulty (as in not subjective by the viewer but really faulty) in this thread seem to be a minority. So bottom line must be something along the lines of QC seems to be working, screens are generally fine.
On a side note: *#0*# renders flawless unitone graphics on my device (red, blue, ...) yet the market loading screen is showing smudges and a not perfect uniform colour. After buying the Note I was first astonished as I know how it can/should look like from a LCD screen. Next step, I informed myself about AMOLED and then realised, this must - still speaking of an ok, not faulty screen - be due to the technology. 1. AMOLED DOES have issues with big surfaces of uniform mixed colours. Gray is a mixed color. Gray is bound to be problematic. 2. the difficulties of exact colour reproduction rise along the lines of exponentially when increasing the pixel count and panel size. 3. the Note has the first AMOLED screen of this physical size and pixel density. I do believe I don't need to say anything more, right? Still under the premise that we talk of ok, not faulty screens. So I do get a ****ty Market loading screen, am I ok with that? Yes. Why? Everything which should be reproduced faultless is reproduced without fault, yet one thing which is to be expected to pose problems does pose a "problem". What this confirms is that the technical analysis of AMOLED technology is in fact correct as stated on wikipedia and other places on the web, that my screen obviously must be an AMOLED screen and that my screen works excellent inside the parameters of a) very high density and b) big surface AMOLED screens. No reason to get it exchanged. Besides, I look at the Market loading screen very rarely. Besides, get it exchanged for what...? The Note is unique at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taufikkusdinar View Post
...Sometimes the black area in a video (or should i say YouTube) have this squares
It's not a screen but a software, gamma level and colour rendering issue. It obviously is software and not hardware related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post
That wont work, since this is pretty much subjective...
Subjectivity. Well, reproducing the exact same lighting, photo angle and display parameters for every user and every shot taken, not to mention with completely different photo hardware (other smartphones? lol...?), I'd prefer the word and judgement of a well informed user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerswede View Post
My major concern is the LAG. (...) unlock the Note (...) contacts (...) SMS (...) when you press the same APP it opens up BLITZ fast, like it should.
Unlock lag is known and is worked on, as the newest software revisions show (KL8). It's not good enough yet, though.
Contacts and SMS need to be opened once after restarting the device to be (and remain) in memory. This explains why "sometimes" they open up instantly, because they run already and only get pulled to the foreground from the background. Unfortunately this behaviour is given by Android, which is not perfect, but I do prefer it over any other mobile OS in existance at this time.

Quote:
Also with the hardware in the Samsung Note I think it should be even faster however would love to have some in depth knowledge on how there can be LAG och a dual processor with 1.6mhz with SetCPU. Clearly its not a RAM issue since I have default programs.
Do not forget, the Note has for example to calculate almost 4x the pixels it's very similarily equipped sibling Galaxy S2 has to. Keeping that in mind, the Note performs excellent, because it surely doesn't feel like 4 times slower than a GS2. Also you should inform yourself a little more on what CPU governors are, on how long a phone would run if it used 100% it's power at all times etc. The Note is an excellent performer. And just to make this clear: I hate all things Apple and iPhone, but the iPhone also is an excellent performer, it's not like I'm biased or anything. But, as stated above, the iPhone doesn't run Android, which at this time, is a must for me.

Quote:
Using the Note with RocketRom V13 and Abyssnote 2.6 makes the phone so much better than TouchWiz...
TouchWizz is VERY powerhungry, this is not new. By using anything other than TouchWizz, you will feel a bump in speed/smoothness. On top of that, RocketROM applies ALOT of tweaks not found in standard Samsung ROMs. The AbyssNote Kernel does the rest, by deploying other I/O schedulers, more optimized (but not industry standards compilant) governors etc. I wonder why you wonder where the different experience comes from
Current: Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact (D5503) unlocked, rooted stock 4.4.4 | Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T) locked, rooted stock 4.3
Deprecated: Sony XPERIA Z, Sony XPERIA T, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC DesireZ, HTC 7, Nokia N900, HTC Magic, HTC Touch Pro, SonyEricsson XPERIA X1, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Canary (Orange SPV) et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson View Post
It is clear that this phone has an awful lot more artificial intelligence than some of its owners.

Ryanscool
Old
Thanks Meter 194
[QUOTE=biggerswede;20983725

Using the Note with RocketRom V13 and Abyssnote 2.6 makes the phone so much better than TouchWiz, but LAG is something I just can't stand. How can Samsung release a phone with original software that LAGS? Thats just stupid.

BEst forum EVER![/QUOTE]

My infuse comes with pretty crappy software, after day 1 expect lag in almost everything. I use launcher pro, ics theme of course to make it seem significantly faster. It still gets laggy, especially with stock apps. Oh gosh live wallpapers are horrible on it. Can not wait for the att gnote (hopefullly with ics).
Galaxy Note 3- one awesome phone. I'm back!
Galaxy Tab 2 7. CM10 Preview. Its pretty darn quick!
Past:
AT&T Apple iPhone 4s- Broken
Infuse 4G}=-Unofficial CM10! May just be the best developing non-mainstream phone.

Gimme some thanks if I helped you! ——————————>

schaggo
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanscool View Post
...Oh gosh live wallpapers are horrible on it. Can not wait for the att gnote (hopefullly with ics).
Firstly, forget about AT&T with ICS. Think about it: Samsung needs to finish ICS, test and verify it, then customize it for AT&T, then go through the whole testing again, we're talking late summer for a device release like that. Think Gingerbread and we're soon good to go, maybe February or March, 4 months seem sufficient for the whole customisation and testing.

As for live wallpapers, expected: do not lose perspective, we are still talking 800x1280 live animated pixels. Massive CPU work. Nothing more to add
Current: Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact (D5503) unlocked, rooted stock 4.4.4 | Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T) locked, rooted stock 4.3
Deprecated: Sony XPERIA Z, Sony XPERIA T, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC DesireZ, HTC 7, Nokia N900, HTC Magic, HTC Touch Pro, SonyEricsson XPERIA X1, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Canary (Orange SPV) et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson View Post
It is clear that this phone has an awful lot more artificial intelligence than some of its owners.

SrAdama
Old
(Last edited by SrAdama; 14th January 2012 at 03:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoinksS2k View Post
It wasn't "emotionally" charged at anyone (but I do see how it could be if you are a samsung fanboy, which I take it we all here must agree on is rather silly, just like apple fanboys or fanboys of other companies) and I opened this thread to see how widespread the problem was. Haven't seen a perfect screen yet, not here on the forum, not in stores and all of the three G-notes I had/have are defective.. so..

Anyway, I'll be returning my third galaxy note next week. Not because of the faint lines all over the screen, but because the right lower corner on the touch screen has stopped responding and I'm afraid it will get worse...

ZoinksS2k
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrAdama View Post
It wasn't "emotionally" charged at anyone (but I do see how it could be if you are a samsung fanboy, which I take it we all here must agree on is rather silly, just like apple fanboys or fanboys of other companies) and I opened this thread to see how widespread the problem was. Haven't seen a perfect screen yet, not here on the forum, not in stores and all of the three G-notes I had/have are defective.. so..

Anyway, I'll be returning my third galaxy note next week. Not because of the faint lines all over the screen, but because the right lower corner on the touch screen has stopped responding and I'm afraid it will get worse...
Glad everything worked out for you
HTC EVO | Samsung Captivate | Motorola Atrix | HTC EVO 3D | Samsung Galaxy S II | Samsung Galaxy S III | Samsung Galaxy Note | Samsung Galaxy Note II | Xperia Z1 6902
VS Gtab | iPAD | Samsung Tab | iPAD 2 | Motorola Xoom | Samsung Tab 10.1 Wifi | Samsung Tab 10.1 LTE | Google Nexus 10 | Xperia Tablet Z