Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Accessories for Galaxy Note in the Philippines

Tip us?

ariboi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbc1213 View Post
I passed by Zagg in Megamall last Friday with my Galaxy Note. The lady said she didn't have any shields yet for the note... so, i opted for a screen protector which cost me 200 pesos (at BSA International) and a stupid looking blue jelly case.

In ebay, there are some really nice leather cases... especially those that are made in Korea. A bit pricey though... ranging from $35 to $75... shipping not included.

nbc1213
May be that is why they were not paying attention to me! they might have seen me with a note in my hands and thought that they cant help me anyway...

About otter box, Nothing available as yet! this is getting pretty sad... screen issues doubled up with lack of accessories... Just a silly scratch guard and a stupid jelly case over here too!
iPhone 4s 32GB (Globe) & Samsung Galaxy Note > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung i8910 > iPhone 3G > Nokia N95 > Nokia N82 > Nokia N80 > Sony Ericsson K800i > Nokia 9300 > Nokia 6233 ME > Nokia N80 > Nokia 6630 > Sony Ericsson K750i > Nokia 7610 > Nokia 7650 > Nokia 3200 > Nokia 2280 > Samsung c100 > Nokia 3210 > Motorola T 180

Discussion on G Note accessories in the Philippines: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1385538

filflame
Old
Thanks Meter 13
i bought a capdase copy + gloss protector for just 150php..im still lurkin around for some leather flipcases..

allansy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default ebay casing nad screen protectors

Hey guys!

I have been checking in ebay philippines with Location filtered to Worldwide.
There are a lot of sellers selling decent casing for galaxy note. There is the Black S line Silicone TPU Skin Case Cover for less than PhP200, also there is the aluminum cover that looks sleek selling for PhP1,500. For screen protectors, I haven't gone back to GH to check on the realook screen protectors but I'm sure by next year they already have that. I was there late November and they already have it opened that's why I didn't buy it.

Also, ebay (filtered worldwide) is selling flip covers but it is really expensive with price at least PhP2,000.

Thanks!

knowsnophones
Old
(Last edited by knowsnophones; 20th December 2011 at 06:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I have only seen matte screen protectors around. They make the white of the screen look sparkly and as such would like a clear protector instead.

To those guys who bought the clear/glossy screen protectors, what store/mall did you buy them from and how much did you guys pay for them?

How is the quality as well? Does it affect the screen that much?

And to those who have bought matte screen protectors, have you had any matte screen protector that did not affect the whiteness of the screen (did not make is sparkly)?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariboi View Post
As for me, I have:

- a decent P250 screen protector (not bad for the price) | Glossy | Finger print magnet | they did not have the matte one

- sad and boring looking jelly-case (does the job though). | P250 as well | Some reviewer was taking about some Samsung original (flip top) covers, but it was hardly any info as I could not find where he got it from.

Tomorrow I will check out the zagg invisible shield store at SM Megamall (I guess there is one). And will hit back to the topic with the pricing and quality.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
Where did you buy (store and mall) your screen protector from? How is it? Is it clear? Does it affect the colors? Does it look like it does not have a screen protector?

rockysiccion
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Guys i have a zenus case ostrich diary for galaxy note. Just pm me if you want it.

Its brand new P3,700

ariboi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsnophones View Post
I have only seen matte screen protectors around. They make the white of the screen look sparkly and as such would like a clear protector instead.

To those guys who bought the clear/glossy screen protectors, what store/mall did you buy them from and how much did you guys pay for them?

How is the quality as well? Does it affect the screen that much?

And to those who have bought matte screen protectors, have you had any matte screen protector that did not affect the whiteness of the screen (did not make is sparkly)?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Where did you buy (store and mall) your screen protector from? How is it? Is it clear? Does it affect the colors? Does it look like it does not have a screen protector?
The one i have is not the clearest... i already have a few scratches... i got it from green hills!
iPhone 4s 32GB (Globe) & Samsung Galaxy Note > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung i8910 > iPhone 3G > Nokia N95 > Nokia N82 > Nokia N80 > Sony Ericsson K800i > Nokia 9300 > Nokia 6233 ME > Nokia N80 > Nokia 6630 > Sony Ericsson K750i > Nokia 7610 > Nokia 7650 > Nokia 3200 > Nokia 2280 > Samsung c100 > Nokia 3210 > Motorola T 180

Discussion on G Note accessories in the Philippines: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1385538

gviterbo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysiccion View Post
Guys i have a zenus case ostrich diary for galaxy note. Just pm me if you want it.

Its brand new P3,700

By any chance, do you have any pic of this? I'm interested. Where are you based? Thanks.

Btw, for others asking about the case with NOT FOR SALE tag. I was able to buy one for P800 at Cyberzone SM Cubao. (Yes, I'm that silly. Lol!) Forgot the name of the shop but its just near the escalator, beside Tylex.
iMac 2011 | 32GB New iPad Wifi + Cellular | Samsung Galaxy Note 2 White |

Configuration:
Samsung Galaxy Note II White [16gb]
[ROM] Omega 7.2
[KERNEL] Perseus

kebong
Old
(Last edited by kebong; 28th December 2011 at 11:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Got an original samsung flip case for the note at GH for 800php. This however still leaves the sides unprotected so I had to use a jelly case, only I cut the sides to accommodate the flip part. It doesn't look ugly as it sounds, and does the job until we get invisishield for the Note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysiccion View Post

Its brand new P3,700

you mean this one?
2k markup...
I reckon you can get this on some online chinese retailer shop with only 500php shipping, link is around the forum
Quote:
I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

>2011
>Not having a Samsung Galaxy Note
ISHYGDDT.

allansy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Globe APN

Hey guys! Sorry if I am in the wrong thread, but I think this is where all the Note users in Phil are posting.

Quick question: Were you able to activate your Globe 3g on your Note? Please share the APN settings. I am having trouble connecting to 3g. I am a Globe prepaid user and my sim card is I think 4 to 5 years old.

Many thanks!

ariboi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by allansy View Post
Hey guys! Sorry if I am in the wrong thread, but I think this is where all the Note users in Phil are posting.

Quick question: Were you able to activate your Globe 3g on your Note? Please share the APN settings. I am having trouble connecting to 3g. I am a Globe prepaid user and my sim card is I think 4 to 5 years old.

Many thanks!
I use globe too. And NO! There is no support for the Note yet! I tried sending a message to get the settings and the reply was something like 'handset not supported'...

I tried taking to a globe customer rep, he gave me a few settings over the phone... they did not work either!

Tags
accessories, cases and screen guards, galaxy note, galaxy note in the philippines, philippines