[General News][Ref][Guide] [Installing Galaxy Note Stock Roms/ updating Firmware]

Search This thread

HumanoidTalking

Sep 5, 2010
Sydney
Rather than having scattered info on this topic I have created one Thread to have all info on this subject, any opinions, contributions and info will be really appreciated. Your actions your Risk

Firmware Update Guide:​

Option 1 (Advance users):

1. Download Check Fus downloader 2.1 from Here
2. Open it and in "standard Window Tab" select "Android", "GT-N7000" and "region"
3. click "check firmware"
4. See in "Result" if that's the firmware you want, click download and save
5. once downloaded click "advance" on check fus downloader and browse to location of file (file name something like this GT-N7000_XEU_1_20111121215303.zip.enc2) (normally it automatically decrypts it) and click "Decrypt firmware"
5. The decrypted file (XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.tar) will be save in same location as downloaded enc2 file >>>>Open Odin and click PDA to browse to (tar) file
6. Select pit Q1_20110914_16GB.pit file in "Pit"
7. Check Re-Partition, Auto Reboot, and F. Reset Time in Odin
8. Recovery Mode- Put phone into Download Mode: press Volume Down + Home+ Power, then press Volume Up.- Connect USB cable to phone and make sure the program detect it. (If computer does not detect try again or restart computer or disable Antivirus or put phone is Debugging mode (connect to computer) and back to MTP mode (connect again)
9. Click Strat button and wait till the program finishes the process.
10.- After the phone restarted disconnect USB cable.
you should have it flashed (be patient it takes some time on 1st loading). If you get Samsung Logo loop (or stuck) Reset phone from recovery and restart above process

Option 2 (if you Got/downloaded 3 file)

- Run (open) Samsung N7000 Galaxy Note Downloader (Odin3 v 1.85) .
- Check these options: Re-Partition, Auto Reboot, and F. Reset Time.
- Now you have to select Pit file and Firmware files too like this (click & browse):

PIT: Q1_20110914_16GB.pit
PDA: CODE_N7000xxxxx_CL627135_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.m d5
PHONE: MODEM_N7000xxxxx_REV_05_CL1067428.tar.md5
CSC: GT-N7000-MULTI-CSC-Oxxxxx.tar.md5

- Put phone into Download Mode: power off the phone, wait for a minute and at the same time press (Volume Down + Home + Power) buttons, you will see recovery mode, if not take out battery, re-insert it and press again vol down+menu+power buttons simultaneously
- Connect USB cable to phone and make sure the program detect it (Comm 2-Yellow box).
- Click Start button and wait till the program finishes the process. (takes couple of minutes)
- After the phone restarted disconnect USB cable.
- 1st boot takes some time so be patient
- If stuck in Boot animation (samsung logo) Take out the Battery, leave it for 5 minutes, and re-insert battery, Press (Volume Up+Menu+Power button) simultaneously to enter Recovery mode, once in recovery Mode, do a factory reset and repeat above process

For Rooting (See Dr. Ketan Post) "Edit 16Nov 11 Simplified" work Perfect, click here for Link

Credit: Tsar3000, Sammobile, Dev. Johnan, Dr. Ketan and all contributors

Last edited:

HumanoidTalking

Sep 5, 2010
Sydney
3. Mobile Odin:

The easiest way to flash new roms while keeping Root

its a paid app

https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.mobileodin.pro&hl=en

or

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347899 (read his manual)

Download Firmware from Sammobile.com and unzip it in PC, then copy all unzip file to phone via USB

your phone must be rooted to use Mobile Odin

after copying files in phone, open Mobile Odin app

Click "open File" to navigate to "Code" zip file, select it and follow the Chairfire manual...

FOR Stock Rom Code understanding read this

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=1&t=1

Last edited:

Tubgirl

Nov 5, 2009
Thank you for the guide, I have a couple of questions..

1.Does the Note has to be rooted to be able to upgrade?
2.Will the yellow triangle appear on boot after doing this upgrade?

Brgds... /Tubgirl

Suprnova_

Nov 21, 2010
does the software extract the .tar-file by itself?
Because I only get the same zip file, no file shows up.

Last edited:
Reactions: chk13

HumanoidTalking

Sep 5, 2010
Sydney
Thanks Dear useful info it is, just to simplify it a bit

It is easy to find Product Code by dialing *#272*imei#*
IMEI number can be found via dialing *#06#

PDA/CSC/Phone info can be found by dialing *#1234# in dialer

A really good guide, just what I needed.

I would make an addition for regions or product codes that isn't available in this software, for example the nordic region with swedish product code.

To get the firmware thru check fus it is however possible to manually insert the codes needed.

To do this follow these steps:

1. start regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Kies\DeviceDB\

2. Start with finding the product code, to do this search for a line called ProductCode and in that line you'll find the product code, in my case it is GT-N7000ZBANEE

This code is what you write in Check Fus in the Product Code field.

3. Now to find the software codes, PDA/CSC/PHONE.

To do this search for a line called HIDSWVER
Here you'll find a long string of codes, In my case it shows up as

N7000XBKK4/N7000OXXKK5/N7000XXKK5/N7000XBKK4

The names in colour are the ones that we want, fill them in as written here.

Purple = PDA
Red = CSC
Green = Phone

Finally, press download and save.
When this continue from step 5.

(feel free to rewrite this text as my english isn't that good anymore)
And if included in the above guide, delete this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: jon3sh

Suprnova_

Nov 21, 2010

That was a bite easier yes :)
Thank you

But what about the file?

Is it going to be extracted aswell? Because I only have the same .zip file as before, no new .tar file

Or do I extract it from the .zip myself?

Last edited:

Suprnova_

Nov 21, 2010
Yes itmay be single file after extraction, inthis case select just PDA
DONT SELECT RESET PARTITION

I did both reset and format partition from odin (desktop) worked flawlessly.

Why am I not supposed to do that?

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Got the stock rom, worked without a problem.

But, there is always a but, When I flashed this stock rom with mobile Odin it seemed to work, but when done flashing and rebooting this message shows up "logo_q1.jpeg draw failed"

I have no idea why this happend.
The only thing I could do was to go into download mode.

Solved it however by flashing with odin on pc and it worked again.

magxs

Jan 13, 2005
Dubai
That is really helpful. Thank you.

Is it possible to use a different region? I have a UAE version, but would like to use the Europe ROM.

HumanoidTalking

Sep 5, 2010
Sydney
Yes you can by using Odinv3 1.85, see the instruction in original thread for it. you can download firmware either using Fus downloader or from www.sammobile.com or www.tsar3000.com. If you do it using Fus downloader you will have 1 file to flash as PDA

That is really helpful. Thank you.

Is it possible to use a different region? I have a UAE version, but would like to use the Europe ROM.

Reactions: DR_ASHK

schaggo

Jan 16, 2008
Zürich
You can actually do even more, you can switch the product code of your Note to make it look like a complete european version. What I did:
-Checked original product code which was KOR (*2767*4387264636#)
-Got AUT (Switzerland) XXKA rom off FusDownloader
-Flashed this rom and repartitioned phone with Odin
-Changed product code to AUT (*#272*[IMEI]#)
-Phone restarted, did complete wipe and applied AUT csc
-My phone now reads as AUT model

Abnovitas

May 8, 2008
Google Pixel 6
Thanks a lot for this guide!
I'm still new to flashing Samsung devices (last week I finally replaced my Milestone with a Note), so this is really helpful.

If I may ask a dumb question though:
Does flashing an official firmware this way revert the phone to stock completely?

I rooted my Note and installed CWM according to dr.ketan's simplified guide and flashed RiverSource's FM-Kernel using Mobile ODIN Pro to get rid of the power drain issue.
But I'm still unsure if I'm going to keep the phone (because its display issues among other things), so I might have to "clean up" the phone again.
Will this guide remove root, CWM and the modified kernel and is it save to return the phone after only following this guide?

Thanks a lot in advance!

kolokas

Jun 12, 2008
i download the official rom that i want but i cannot fin the Q1_20110914_16GB.pit .where is???

HumanoidTalking

Sep 5, 2010
Sydney
Yes it will take u to stock ROM and remove any custom roms plus root. In other word flashing stock roms brings phone back to original condition unless no triangle and Counter is there at start

Thanks a lot for this guide!
I'm still new to flashing Samsung devices (last week I finally replaced my Milestone with a Note), so this is really helpful.

If I may ask a dumb question though:
Does flashing an official firmware this way revert the phone to stock completely?

I rooted my Note and installed CWM according to dr.ketan's simplified guide and flashed RiverSource's FM-Kernel using Mobile ODIN Pro to get rid of the power drain issue.
But I'm still unsure if I'm going to keep the phone (because its display issues among other things), so I might have to "clean up" the phone again.
Will this guide remove root, CWM and the modified kernel and is it save to return the phone after only following this guide?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Reactions: Abnovitas

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I did both reset and format partition from odin (desktop) worked flawlessly.

Why am I not supposed to do that?

[

When you are not having pit (partition index Table) file, You shud not select it
(in case of single file-PDA)
Many have brick devices

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rather than having scattered info on this topic I have created one Thread to have all info on this subject, any opinions, contributions and info will be really appreciated. Your actions your Risk

Firmware Update Guide:​

Option 1 (Advance users):

1. Download Check Fus downloader 2.1 from Here
    2. Open it and in "standard Window Tab" select "Android", "GT-N7000" and "region"
    3. click "check firmware"
    4. See in "Result" if that's the firmware you want, click download and save
    5. once downloaded click "advance" on check fus downloader and browse to location of file (file name something like this GT-N7000_XEU_1_20111121215303.zip.enc2) (normally it automatically decrypts it) and click "Decrypt firmware"
    5. The decrypted file (XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.tar) will be save in same location as downloaded enc2 file >>>>Open Odin and click PDA to browse to (tar) file
    6. Select pit Q1_20110914_16GB.pit file in "Pit"
    7. Check Re-Partition, Auto Reboot, and F. Reset Time in Odin
    8. Recovery Mode- Put phone into Download Mode: press Volume Down + Home+ Power, then press Volume Up.- Connect USB cable to phone and make sure the program detect it. (If computer does not detect try again or restart computer or disable Antivirus or put phone is Debugging mode (connect to computer) and back to MTP mode (connect again)
    9. Click Strat button and wait till the program finishes the process.
    10.- After the phone restarted disconnect USB cable.
    you should have it flashed (be patient it takes some time on 1st loading). If you get Samsung Logo loop (or stuck) Reset phone from recovery and restart above process

Option 2 (if you Got/downloaded 3 file)

- Run (open) Samsung N7000 Galaxy Note Downloader (Odin3 v 1.85) .
    - Check these options: Re-Partition, Auto Reboot, and F. Reset Time.
    - Now you have to select Pit file and Firmware files too like this (click & browse):

PIT: Q1_20110914_16GB.pit
    PDA: CODE_N7000xxxxx_CL627135_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.m d5
    PHONE: MODEM_N7000xxxxx_REV_05_CL1067428.tar.md5
    CSC: GT-N7000-MULTI-CSC-Oxxxxx.tar.md5

- Put phone into Download Mode: power off the phone, wait for a minute and at the same time press (Volume Down + Home + Power) buttons, you will see recovery mode, if not take out battery, re-insert it and press again vol down+menu+power buttons simultaneously
    - Connect USB cable to phone and make sure the program detect it (Comm 2-Yellow box).
    - Click Start button and wait till the program finishes the process. (takes couple of minutes)
    - After the phone restarted disconnect USB cable.
    - 1st boot takes some time so be patient
    - If stuck in Boot animation (samsung logo) Take out the Battery, leave it for 5 minutes, and re-insert battery, Press (Volume Up+Menu+Power button) simultaneously to enter Recovery mode, once in recovery Mode, do a factory reset and repeat above process

For Rooting (See Dr. Ketan Post) "Edit 16Nov 11 Simplified" work Perfect, click here for Link

Credit: Tsar3000, Sammobile, Dev. Johnan, Dr. Ketan and all contributors
    Your device is a "JP" device, as seen within the kernel and Android build descriptor. Region code JP: "JP*Arabic"
    There is, at least with the Galaxy S2, two more arabic centric releases, "JR" which is also dubbed "Arabic" and one more, "JV" dubbed "Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey".
    But I guess JP is correct and not an import version. Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1356325

Its important that you realise that an update is not connected to your physical location but your sales code. When an arabic update is made available, all devices with the intended sales code will be able to (officially) update to that new version. Vice versa, if XX or DX receives an update, only those devices will be able to upgrade and you JP guys wont. No matter where you physically reside on the world.

Check samfirmware.com or CheckFUS what your newest offical firmware is supposed to be. It may very well be possible that KJ is still the newest. Hmmm... I just checked it for you, according to CheckFUS there should be JPKK2 for you:
    Last modified:2011-11-17
    Latest firmware:N7000JPKK2/N7000OJPKK2/N7000XXKK5/N7000JPKK2
    File name:GT-N7000_XSG_1_20111117100425.zip.enc2

I'm no expert though and do not know if CheckFUS equals KIES availability...

#Tapatalk #Galaxy Note
    No you don't need to be rooted to upgrade
    No triangle if stock ROM is used

Thank you for the guide, I have a couple of questions..

1.Does the Note has to be rooted to be able to upgrade?
    2.Will the yellow triangle appear on boot after doing this upgrade?

Brgds... /Tubgirl

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    does the software extract the .tar-file by itself?
    Because I only get the same zip file, no file shows up.
    @Gaugerer, I wanted to ask the same. Damn it! Things are too easy on galaxy ace... rooting, custom theme, cmw etc. On note, we need to be careful :( binary count, homemade jig, downgrading then rooting .......

See my thread here which makes upgrading easier:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1465995