5,595,000 Members 38,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

X18i Android dual SIM bought from Hong Kong

Tip us?

momofab
Old
(Last edited by momofab; 14th February 2012 at 03:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Hi iw4nk,

you need to replace/install another "recovery" than the original one on you phone first
with SP Flash Tool (PC application).

With this recovery it is possible to create Nandroid Backup (do it first before flashing other ROM)
Copy a ROM in the root of sdcard, in recovery mode chose your new ROM in zip-format you want to flash,
or reflash Backup you have make (sdcard/nandroid folder)
You dont need PC anymore.
This recovery allow to disable the signature verification.

Ready to do this?

At your own risk!

Be sure you have MT6573 CPU inside your Star x18i!

Read Martinīs Blog, you need MT65x3 USB VCOM drivers and SP Flash Tool v2.1134.00 from there.
http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspo...-tutorial.html

Download this ScatterFile and this Recovery

unzip Recovery.zip and rename "592zn.com_recovery_Star_X18i_MT6573.img" to recovery.img and flash it with SP Flash Tool.

To enter Recovery Mode press Vol up and Power simultanely

Regards.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momofab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iw4nk
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Default New Custom ROM for X18i

thanks momofab, now i can flash my phone . i want share new custom rom for x18i from vness community.

MrTB v5 ROM
Link: ww*.mediafire.com/?j1l8vlac9az679e
Changelog:
- Android 2.3.6
- Fix bug completely unable to connect to 3g sim sim contacts remaining. Now you surf the web without worry miss call.
- Add boot function in the second 3g sim. With this function the 2 slots support 3g sim. You can completely change mount 2 sim 3g and connect with a simple click, no need to remove your sim change. This function is located in Settings -> Wireless and networking -> Mobile networks -> 3g Services -> 3g:
+ The default is sim slot 1 (the outermost slot), you can switch between two arbitrary sim slot.
+ If you select Off, 2 sim will only GSM status. This for anyone not using 3G, or when new users are turned off to help take the pin.
- Update the latest app, update ad blocking hosts.
- Fix the catalytic response, more app also dropped in the previous version (which can be related to an app that can not be DC and the system).
- Do not have much time so the new version is just the frame, not the optimal lot, not beauty. Everything that you will be home next patch or ROM. Make sure if fully optimized, 2.3.4 and 2.3.6 stronger 5 more ^ ^!
Note:
- Do you leave out the background to help take the pin. Rom so when finished will have black T lockscreen. You only need to change the lockscreen wallpaper inside bt will return.
- All other guidelines as the previous version.
- If there is anything, report immediately to his home.
- Fix widget sense: At the Root explorer -> system -> app, find the file and delete it fr.clockwidget.lpsense.odex reboot.

i was tested . but some app is still with vnes language . sorry if my english is not good
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iw4nk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

momofab
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iw4nk View Post
thanks momofab, now i can flash my phone . i want share new custom rom for x18i from vness community.
Hey iw4nk,

nice to ear I helped you.

Yeah! A new ROM, want test it soon...

Can you tell me more about this vness Com or MrTB?

Many Thanks!

iw4nk
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Check here ww*.tinhte.vn/f465/gioi-thieu-huong-dan-root-rom-cook-hk-phone-x8-3g-rom-cua-mrtb-1013770/index106.html (translate with google translate )
The Following User Says Thank You to iw4nk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

momofab
Old
Thanks Meter 6
on fshare there is the newer ROM from the third Feb. 2012.
You cant download it if you translate site, but HERE

I dont know what is better, I want test it soon to.

Have you see on this page, the viet. people brings another recovery via rooted phnone
and mobileuncletool chosing "flash Recovery.zip?

where the recovery must be stored on sdcard to do this job?
Can you read it to on first page, please?

iw4nk
Old
Thanks Meter 44
ha..ha.. I never success with this (flash recovery with mobileuncle.apk)
so... i like with your tutorial

momotchobiloute
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all,

Thank you for your shares.
Recently I updated my phone with ROM provided by momofab (thank you again for this good tutorial )
After install, I didn't see big changes ... Even my apps and account data was still in place. I have thinked after installation of new ROM, the phone would become "clean".

Ok, now I would like to test the new ROM provided by iw4nk but I have one important question before
Is this ROM includes french langage ?

Momofab, as soon as you will have installed this ROM, please give feedback

regards

momofab
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by momotchobiloute View Post
Hi all,

Thank you for your shares.
Recently I updated my phone with ROM provided by momofab (thank you again for this good tutorial )
After install, I didn't see big changes ... Even my apps and account data was still in place. I have thinked after installation of new ROM, the phone would become "clean".

Ok, now I would like to test the new ROM provided by iw4nk but I have one important question before
Is this ROM includes french langage ?

Momofab, as soon as you will have installed this ROM, please give feedback

regards
Hi momotchobiloute,

clean means, China App clean, not more.
Before You flash a new ROM perform a Wipe first, then itīs "virgin"

My feedback? I wait for yours.
Have you do what I talled you?

With the Recovery I gave you, you are able to swap quickly between custom ROMs. Is anything wrong, restore your Backup.

@iw4nk,

flash recovery with MUT, it works!
But I took v1.3. The Recovery is the same I gave you.

iw4nk
Old
(Last edited by iw4nk; 25th February 2012 at 02:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofab View Post
on fshare there is the newer ROM from the third Feb. 2012.
You cant download it if you translate site, but HERE

I dont know what is better, I want test it soon to.

Have you see on this page, the viet. people brings another recovery via rooted phnone
and mobileuncletool chosing "flash Recovery.zip?

where the recovery must be stored on sdcard to do this job?
Can you read it to on first page, please?
Yeahh..... now i have flash my phone with this ROM. But if you want to try this Rom, you must add 2 file into Rom (that file is KaiXinAccountService.apk and KaiXinAccountService.odek). if not flashing will aborted.
1. unzip / extrak this rom
2. copy & paste 2 file (KaiXinAccountService.apk & KaiXinAccountService.odek) to system/app -> download here www.4shared.com/zip/fnjPBxLL/update.html
3. zip Rom with name update.zip
4. sign rom. how to sign ROM??? you can check here http://androidforums.com/developer-1...ning-roms.html
5. finish.... you can flash rom on recovery mode.

Sent from my Sony Experia Arc using xda premium

iw4nk
Old
(Last edited by iw4nk; 25th February 2012 at 07:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Ready??? Lets go.......
1. download signtool here www.4shared.com/file/gJ52bYsu/signing.html (pass: tama.online)
2. unrar / extract signtool
3. put your ROM (must rename "update.zip") to signtool folder. you will have 4 file update.zip, testsign.jar, setx.exe and autosign.bat
4. run autosign.bat & select number 2...... done.
5. select number 4 .. enter

6. DONE..

Note: java runtime must installed on your pc

"Sorry... my english is not good

Sent from my Sony Xperia Arc using xda premium