Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How to root Huawei U8860(Honor) with Android 4.0

OP prettyyy

3rd March 2012, 05:16 AM   |  #71  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
please vote for honor here
5th March 2012, 07:47 AM   |  #72  
Junior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Sorry, is there any way to unroot it on GB or ICS?
5th March 2012, 02:49 PM   |  #73  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Unhappy Still
I still can't root my honor u8860
can somebody help me, please.

Huawei honor u8860 2.3.6
6th March 2012, 09:54 AM   |  #74  
dachau's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dachau
Thanks Meter: 23
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Hi guys, I see that you all have the Huawei Honor. I currently have the SGS and am thinking of selling it for 180 € and getting the Honor instead, mainly because of ICS, better camera and LED flash. I also assume that is lays better in the hand, as the SGS has a strange shape. Also the battery seems to be better on the Honor as it has 1900 mAh instread of 1500 mAh.

If you know the SGS, in your opinion, is it worth giving getting the Honor? Or are the advantages not so big or even lower?

Thanks for your opinion!
6th March 2012, 11:25 AM   |  #75  
Junior Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robife

I still can't root my honor u8860
can somebody help me, please.

Huawei honor u8860 2.3.6

two ways to root, either you upgrade to ics 4.0 or downgrade to 2.3.5 then root it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ezone010 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 09:53 PM   |  #76  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachau

Hi guys, I see that you all have the Huawei Honor. I currently have the SGS and am thinking of selling it for 180 € and getting the Honor instead, mainly because of ICS, better camera and LED flash. I also assume that is lays better in the hand, as the SGS has a strange shape. Also the battery seems to be better on the Honor as it has 1900 mAh instread of 1500 mAh.

If you know the SGS, in your opinion, is it worth giving getting the Honor? Or are the advantages not so big or even lower?

Thanks for your opinion!

I currently have both the SGS and the Honor, I will sell the SGS though. Couple of reasons, some of you already mentioned:

- LED flash
- Notification LED
- Bigger battery
- Official ICS: You can have ICS for SGS, too, but for instance the FM Radio isn't working there
- Faster CPU
- Sound is a lot louder

I personally think it lays better in the hand, however, that might really be subjective, because the honor is heavier and thicker. Also, SGS has Gorillla glass and Honor doesn't.
7th March 2012, 12:03 AM   |  #77  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone010

two ways to root, either you upgrade to ics 4.0 or downgrade to 2.3.5 then root it.

Thanks for your answer but
I cant downgrade to 2.3.5 and upgrade to 4.0.3

I need links for roms, can you provide it to me please
I tried some rooms I download but my phone will not upgrade or downgrade at all.


Setings>Storage>softupdate>SDcard upgrade>Ok

Nothing happened at all, my phone reboots and start with normal mode without upgrade.

I tried VOL+ and POWER from >dload folder

I get error this error msg.

-- Install /sdcard/dload ...
update package's ext name error.
E: ota_pre_update error.
Installation aborted




I tried VOL+ and VOL- POWER > I just get PINK screen Nothing else
Last edited by robife; 7th March 2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: more txt
8th March 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #78  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
294 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
huawei release a new version of android 4.


Quote:

类型: 软件
描述: HUAWEI U8860 Android 4.0 FemaleV100R001C00B909SP02(女性主题)。该版本在4.0基础上特地定制了更符合 女性特点的UI,铃声和应用
版本: 100.1.0.909_SP02 ( V100R001C00B909SP02 )
运行平台: --
发布时间: 2012-03-08
文件大小: 269.24MB
语言: 简体中文
适用产品: 华为荣耀Honor(U8860)

9th March 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #79  
Svensemann's Avatar
Member
Flag Deepwood City
Thanks Meter: 2
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus620

huawei release a new version of android 4.

Thanks for Info install it right now!
9th March 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #80  
Member
Flag kemaman
Thanks Meter: 0
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Where is the link for new ics? Need it.thanks

Sent from my U8860 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes