Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[INFO]What is EpicMTD, and what you need to know.

OP AproSamurai

12th December 2011, 06:13 AM   |  #21  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 27,268

28,960 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey

only $35? I haven't had to send my Epic in for replacement yet but every phone i've sent to Asurion in the past is always $100 per incident... are you on a different insurance plan or something?

$35 is Sprint's warranty handling fee for people with no insurance.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
12th December 2011, 06:18 AM   |  #22  
Recognized Themer
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 509

1,529 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123

$35 is Sprint's warranty handling fee for people with no insurance.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Thats crazy, I couldnt imagine paying $35 for a replacement. Ive gone through 7 epics, always next day delivered to store if they didnt have them in stock, always free (except for the $8 a month for black tie). I love insurance.
12th December 2011, 07:38 AM   |  #23  
Recognized Themer
Flag SouthEast USA
Thanks Meter: 1,839

7,913 posts
Donate to Me
More
Very nicr write up Apro. I reccomend putting your race track analogy in there. That really made sense.

/sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by butler360

You rooted your wife?

12th December 2011, 09:56 PM   |  #24  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Van Nuys, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,188

1,665 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderman112

Very nicr write up Apro. I reccomend putting your race track analogy in there. That really made sense.

/sig

I'm not sure how necessary it'd be, but I could perhaps go about doing so. Hmmmm, maybe.
The Following User Says Thank You to AproSamurai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2011, 11:13 PM   |  #25  
Flag Longview, TX
Thanks Meter: 95

264 posts
More
Thanks for the write-up, AproSamurai. Now if I could just make myself sit through 7:21 of video and see what QBKing77 has to say, I'll be caught up on the major MTD tutorials available in the Epic forums!
13th December 2011, 12:50 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 12

93 posts
More
Great news on MTD. Hopefully this makes the Cyanogenmod port a little more flexible and easier to maintain. I know it's been a beast.

I've been mostly running ROMs like Syndicate Froyo and lately ACS ICS 5.5. I don't use 4g much so I'm alright leaving that behind (for now) if/when the MTD roms get more solid.

Hopefully we see many/most Epic devs move over to MTD. Once we have more selection on MTD format I'm sure we'll have an easier time getting users to test new builds of Cyanogen and (hopefully) ICS one day.
13th December 2011, 12:54 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 10

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddygonzo17

Thanks for a quick reply marcusant. If its not too much of a hassle would you mind making a video and possibly post links for the .tar and .pit to use unless the .pit is the same as for froyo. I just really need my phone and dont want to have to buy another one.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

The representative from sprint told me that the only way i would have been able to brick it like that (would not turn on, no recovery mode, and no download mode and when plugged the charger in it wouldnt charge or be recognized by the computer) is if i rooted it which voided my warranty and wouldnt be covered by insurance.

I know right? I never bricked a phone, but I've came damn close (no boot, no download mode, etc.). I even exploded an LCD but with 35 bux (and *no* warranty) I was able to get a replacement phone. ODIN = Your best friend if you have an EPIC, do not fear it my friend. You can be back on stock in like 5 min.

wow, i totally just quoted the wrong post. this was to the dude who didnt want to odin after going to miui without knowing about MTD
14th December 2011, 04:53 PM   |  #28  
Maryland
Thanks Meter: 58

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthman

ODIN = Your best friend if you have an EPIC, do not fear it my friend. You can be back on stock in like 5 min.

Just to add to this, if you're constantly having trouble with Odin, it's probably your cable causing issues, not Odin. Death to the stock cable!
14th December 2011, 06:42 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 630

3,364 posts
nice read! this should def have "how to go back from mtd" with ODIn and all the necessary files to do so. just my 2c
15th December 2011, 02:56 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 22

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by || Acer ||

You're gonna have to Odin, sorry. There's absolutely no way and there most likely will never be a way without it.

I know the Odin thing has been covered several times here, but I wanted to know if the Samsung Windows installer for EB13 would restore the partition from MTD to BML if I wanted return to another ROM after trying CM7?

Sorry to rehash the subject but I didn't see any mention of this option & I was curious if it would work.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod7, epic4g, future, mtd, opensource
Previous Thread Next Thread