FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

[Q] Bypass Sprint activation

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

By txgoathead, Senior Member on 12th December 2011, 03:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey Folks, I am an owner of a new HTC Evo View 4g hoping to find answers to the following questions...

Is there a way to bypass the Sprint Hands Free Activation when you power up Evo View 4g?

Is there a way to cancel the constant sync of nothing? When it is powered on an connected to wifi the "sync" icon shows up, but when I go to Settings>Accounts & Sync, there is nothing checked. So I click on "Cancel Sync" and it stops.

I have S-off, root and CWM recovery, with HBoot 1.13.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by txgoathead; 12th December 2011 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Edit title of thread

12th December 2011, 12:44 PM |#2  
Flag Dripping Springs, Texas
Thanks Meter: 280

Donate to Me
More
I would like to know how to disable the hands free activation as well, it is super annoying. My View is bone stock, unrooted.
13th December 2011, 10:40 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lubbock, TX
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Bump!

Anyone have any ideas?
14th December 2011, 04:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Install No Lock - click on No Lock to switch on Locking Disabled - when you next boot up No Lock blows away the Sprint Logo and Activation screen - at least that worked for me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matthew2582 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2011, 07:02 PM |#5  
Flag LAX
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I think you can get rid of the nagging prompt if you can somehow obtain the MSL/SPC code.

If I am thinking this correctly, after you obtain the MSL/SPC code, you need to go into EPST mode (read here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1146127) then change the phone number to something else...

The hard part is getting the MSL/SPC.

OR you can just sign up for a service, have it activated, then just turn the radio off and cancel the service within 3 days for a full refund.

Done.
Last edited by SteveDusa; 14th December 2011 at 08:11 PM.
16th December 2011, 05:18 PM |#6  
Flag Morehead, Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No Lock works for me too!
Thanks matthew2582. The No Lock app trick works for me too. For the benefit of others who wan't to try it, i noticed the following caveats: The tablet must be in Airplane mode (yes, wifi still works in airplane mode) and you must turn the tablet off rather than use the restart option.

Love this forum. I looked for solutions on this issue for hours unsuccessfully (well, I found options that involved rooting the tablet, but didn't want to go that route) before finding this.
17th December 2011, 04:31 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Does anyone have a link to NO LOCK? I have purchased these as gifts so I want to give them the information on how to remove the activation menu if required.

Also, can this be done from STOCK without ROOTING?
17th December 2011, 04:58 AM |#8  

More
No Lock is free of charge and in the Market here -- https://market.android.com/details?i...android.nolock

And you don't need to do anything in terms of changing any wifi or airplane settings -- just install the app, enable No Lock and you are all set

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to matthew2582 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2011, 05:00 AM |#9  

More
And I forgot to mention -- no rooting required -- just stock app for stock tablet

The Following User Says Thank You to matthew2582 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2011, 05:26 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Matthew...good news. Thank you! One last question, if you uninstall No Lock, will the Sprint items stay gone?
18th December 2011, 06:26 AM |#11  

More
Nothing is being changed or removed in any way -- No Lock just turns off screen locking and has the coincidental effect of zipping past the Sprint boot screen and their activation screen

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bypass activation, cancel constant sync
Previous Thread Next Thread