Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bypass Sprint activation

Tip us?

txgoathead
Old
(Last edited by txgoathead; 12th December 2011 at 03:11 AM.) Reason: Edit title of thread
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default [Q] Bypass Sprint activation

Hey Folks, I am an owner of a new HTC Evo View 4g hoping to find answers to the following questions...

Is there a way to bypass the Sprint Hands Free Activation when you power up Evo View 4g?

Is there a way to cancel the constant sync of nothing? When it is powered on an connected to wifi the "sync" icon shows up, but when I go to Settings>Accounts & Sync, there is nothing checked. So I click on "Cancel Sync" and it stops.

I have S-off, root and CWM recovery, with HBoot 1.13.

Any help would be appreciated.
<BigAssOleTexasGrin>

ItsDon
Old
Thanks Meter 256

DONATE TO ME
I would like to know how to disable the hands free activation as well, it is super annoying. My View is bone stock, unrooted.
Life is a toy, play with it.

txgoathead
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Bump!

Anyone have any ideas?
<BigAssOleTexasGrin>

matthew2582
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Install No Lock - click on No Lock to switch on Locking Disabled - when you next boot up No Lock blows away the Sprint Logo and Activation screen - at least that worked for me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matthew2582 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SteveDusa
Old
(Last edited by SteveDusa; 14th December 2011 at 08:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
I think you can get rid of the nagging prompt if you can somehow obtain the MSL/SPC code.

If I am thinking this correctly, after you obtain the MSL/SPC code, you need to go into EPST mode (read here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1146127) then change the phone number to something else...

The hard part is getting the MSL/SPC.

OR you can just sign up for a service, have it activated, then just turn the radio off and cancel the service within 3 days for a full refund.

Done.

countryprof
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default No Lock works for me too!

Thanks matthew2582. The No Lock app trick works for me too. For the benefit of others who wan't to try it, i noticed the following caveats: The tablet must be in Airplane mode (yes, wifi still works in airplane mode) and you must turn the tablet off rather than use the restart option.

Love this forum. I looked for solutions on this issue for hours unsuccessfully (well, I found options that involved rooting the tablet, but didn't want to go that route) before finding this.

BigKenW
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Does anyone have a link to NO LOCK? I have purchased these as gifts so I want to give them the information on how to remove the activation menu if required.

Also, can this be done from STOCK without ROOTING?

matthew2582
Old
Thanks Meter 7
No Lock is free of charge and in the Market here -- https://market.android.com/details?i...android.nolock

And you don't need to do anything in terms of changing any wifi or airplane settings -- just install the app, enable No Lock and you are all set

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to matthew2582 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matthew2582
Old
Thanks Meter 7
And I forgot to mention -- no rooting required -- just stock app for stock tablet

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to matthew2582 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BigKenW
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Matthew...good news. Thank you! One last question, if you uninstall No Lock, will the Sprint items stay gone?

Tags
bypass activation, cancel constant sync