Revert Back to Stock (remove revolutionary)

Search This thread

ivanmark52

Mar 13, 2011
Loznica
So can i just revert my backup of stock rom and then flash Revert Back to Stock in recovery.Will my phone be S-on then?

EDIT:I just notised that Revert Back to Stock is not flashabe file and it have instrustions.

Last edited:

Grant2k

Apr 22, 2011
you can still

adb devices
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 of=/sdcard/backup.img
dd if=/sdcard/hboot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
reboot bootloader

ahmed_ais

Jul 21, 2011
Awesome !!
Works like a charm ... !!

However, i can't do factory reset to my stock rom (that i restored before applied your method) ... factory reset just restarts my phone into bootloader ... any clue??

giby31

Dec 12, 2011
Awesome !!

However, i can't do factory reset to my stock rom (that i restored before applied your method) ... factory reset just restarts my phone into bootloader ... any clue??

Ah.......see that fixes the bootloader to S-ON, then u got to use your specific RUU file.....then it gets back to Stock Rom

Reactions: ahmed_ais

DuTY09

Aug 28, 2010
basildon
Samsung Galaxy A51
can this be done on a branded T-Mobile phone ? coz I tried a similar method before and bricked my phone and had to send it off for repair which took a month to get my phone back :(

foX2delta

Nov 23, 2011
@TylerDurdenK

If you read post 3 you would have seen that I said if you have a custom rom this will not bring you back to stock.

Not sure why your phone isn't switching on, but most likely you will need to flash a RUU to get back to stock. Make sure you choose the right RUU.

nikolaaas

Aug 22, 2011
Athens
www.aek.com
If you removed revolutionary etc, download the proper shipped rom from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1002506 and flash your phone while connected to bootloader and usb attached on your computer. If you still cant do it that way you can get the image from the exe file (you need to find it in temp folder of your pc) and flash it that way. Before that it would be even better to flash stock kernel. Hope this helps.

1st_paladin

Oct 8, 2011
Singapore
I am S-Off using Revolutionary and have 4Ext recovery installed. I'm using Endymion 3.4. I have a Clockworkmod backup of my Stock ROM.

Please correct me if I misunderstood to go back to Stock.

1. Restore the Stock ROM Backup
2. Run the BAT file in post number one

That should do it right? I will be back to HBoot 0.98.002 and S-On?

bmeagle

Jan 3, 2010
Hi all

Newbie at unrooting here.
I am selling my desire S to somebody who wants it stock.
Originally I used revolutionary to root my phone and ran cyanogenmod 7.1.

I restored the backup I made while on rooted stock.

I need to overwrite clockworkmod recovery and get rid of revolutionary.

I saw the following guideline:

you can still

adb devices
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 of=/sdcard/backup.img
dd if=/sdcard/hboot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
reboot bootloader

Does this get rid of both clockworkmod recovery and revolutionary?
I think I don't need to flash an RUU coming from the flashed stock backup image right?

I want to make very sure before I proceed.

Thanx
bmeagle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just Download the attachment and follow instructions.

Thank you Android Flasher. You saved my hboot big time :D
    used this method a while ago.works well!
    Awesome !!

Ah.......see that fixes the bootloader to S-ON, then u got to use your specific RUU file.....then it gets back to Stock Rom