Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"iAnnotate PDF" App on the GN?

Tip us?

voxano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Question "iAnnotate PDF" App on the GN?

Does anybody have any idea when/if the "iAnnotate PDF" App will be actually available in the "S Choice" on the "Galaxy Note"?

This is an iPad App and it's site says there is no Android version yet, but it's featured here:

samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note/applications.html

as a major app... However it is not pre-installed on my phone and is not available, as far as I can tell. Some other apps featured here are available, but this one is not. Not yet, anyway.

I've noticed that launching Samsung Apps requires the SIM in place. So is it possible that this App is available in Samsung Apps store if accessed from, say UK, but not when accessed from US?

Thanks.

P.S. I live in US, but my Galaxy Note came from Germany.

speedofheat
Old
Thanks Meter 19
That site you linked clearly states that the apps mentioned as "Coming Soon".
(Last device is current device, except where otherwise mentioned)
Android Phone: SGS --> SGS2 --> SGNote --> Galaxy Nexus --> HTC One X
Android Tablet: Tab 7.7 and Nexus 7 (16 GB)
Windows: Cassiopeia --> iMate JasJam --> Samsung Omnia 7
iOS Phone: iPhone --> iPhone 3GS --> iPhone 4 --> iPhone 5
iOS Tablet: iPad --> iPad 2 --> iPad 4
BlackBerry Phone: Curve --> Bold 9700 --> Torch 9800 --> Bold 9900
Blackberry Tablet: Playbook 32 GB
Symbian: Nokia E91 Communicator --> Nokia 808 Pureview

drgopoos
Old
Thanks Meter 477
This could be one good app for us

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

fudge2011toffeebar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
that app does look very nice considering it might have weight effect on the pen. Unfortunately i have been using a pdf nnotator on the noe which didnt have a weight effect but i recently had to remove everything from sd card because i was getting too many adverts and it kept turning off randomly.

I want that old pdf annotator back now! i think i had one in word as well, it was very nice.

the reason i am here though is im interested in the best way to look at multiple pdfs and multitask! would it just be a case of using like four different viewers?? i think i am answering my own quesion really, unless there is a way two have an application open twice.

voxano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat View Post
That site you linked clearly states that the apps mentioned as "Coming Soon".
That's funny...
The "(coming soon)" next to some Apps wasn't there earlier.
Now it's pretty clear that their release is simply delayed.

personalvoid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
As a matter of fact, Goodreader for ipad is the best annotate pdf app out there.
it has a useful feature to extract all text highlited both with goodreader, with adobe acrobat, even with the galaxy note only worthy program for pdf editing: ezPDF.

even adobe acrobat can't extract highlighted text content (if it's not highlited in adobe).

basically, i am saying that iAnnotate functions are all there with ezPDF for android. i've tried also repligo reader but pen interaction is bad and everytime you lift the pen while ending the highlight, the text is deselected again.

what i am doing now is using dropbox to get the pdf, annotate and stickynote with ezPDF, then saving back to dropbox, edit them if necessary with adobe reader, then when all editing is done, i use GoodReader to extract just the annotation and sending them via eMail back to me.

got it?

PV.

fudge2011toffeebar
Old
(Last edited by fudge2011toffeebar; 14th December 2011 at 08:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
nice work. will definitely look into this methodology at some point, presumably you have an ipad stuck on your desk then ? :P

i know what you are saying about adobe not even being able to highlight highlighted text aswell thats really annoying.

my first step is to re-install ezpdf because i accidently uni stalled it ..

although we're all screwed over with no pressure sewnsitivty in the note's ezpdf, iannotate will solve this though no-one likes writing then highlighting the whole thing to delete too!

senectus
Old
Thanks Meter 93
I want this app as well... in the hope its a bit better than the .10c Ez PDF Reader Pro I bought...

voxano
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
"Lite" version of this App is finally available!

Larena61
Old
(Last edited by Larena61; 9th February 2012 at 10:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I think it's not compatible with our Note.

Edit: I finally downloaded app from Samsung App, looks promising but still too simple, I hope this app will be properly developed to reach the same quality as on iPad.