teamROU [Anywhere]: Lead Developer on ROU Launcher
About teamROU and ROU Launcher
teamROU is an app team (currently in the process of being formed as a company) that is currently developing ROU Launcher, an innovative new launcher that will change how users use their homescreens and apps.
teamROU is a worldwide team; we have members around the world working for us. We have no single office. Therefore, you would not have to relocate for this position.
ROU Launcher is actively being developed by our team. However, we currently lost our lead developer, who was an experienced Android coder. Once he left, most of our other developers left. We are now very stretched for developers, hence why we need more.
ROU Launcher is a new launcher for Android, that looks beautiful, but is also massively functional. Apps are grouped into categories in the app drawer, allowing easy finding of the apps.
The widgets in ROU Launcher are highly unique, and like the rest of the launcher, look great. These widgets can add appointments to your calendar, check your unread email and read your Facebook and Twitter social network accounts. Watch our promotional video here!
• Working with our other developers to build ROU Launcher
• Adding new innovative features
• Coming up with ways to solve complicated coding-related problems
• Communicate regularly with other developers through our project tracker and email
You must be able to:
• Code in both Java and Android, and have experience in both of these platforms
• Know your way around Eclipse IDE (or your preferred IDE, providing you can prove you can use it effectively) and the Android SDK
• Speak and write fluent (or near-fluent) English - to communicate with our other developers and designers
• Have unwavering commitment to the task at hand and the project as a whole
• Be able to get on with your fellow developers and teammates
• Be able to lead the develop team if needed, and be ready for this at all times
• Know how to use the version control system, git
What we’d like to see
Any apps you’ve created before on the Android platform
A sense of teamwork and commitment
References from previous employers or clients, or reviews of your app, either on blogs or in the Android Market
A CV or resumé with your work, educational and personal history
If you think you’d like to apply for this job, email philip.e.oakley(at)gmail.com