Manual Nooter Sort of Works on 1.4.1
I'm looking a bit more at rooting via manual nooter on OS 1.4.1.
As of now, the Android Market is not working
In my hands, the BN shop is also not working. Books cannot be downloaded. (The reader does work, though, so you can shop and then download to your PC, then push the files in manually if you like.)
Together, those two elements not working argue against rooting 1.4.1 for anything other than study and development, I think.
- 1.4.1 installs on a device which had already been rooted (this device is rooted but not overclocked.)
- boot from a manual nooter 4-5-18 disks works
- after applying MN 4.5.18 and the APK enabler, the device booted. Root was retained and SU works fine (I was able to use adb wireless)
- install via ADB works
Other things to be aware of:
- this is not a Gingerbread release for the NC.
- the home button behavior is changed a LOT. Home Catcher for the Nook Tablet will also work here, though.
- the device automagically snarfs Google contacts if it's registered to a gmail address, it seems. There is no warning on that. I think that behavior is a Big Effing Problem.