Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Unroot your HTC unlocked EVO 3D

Tip us?

Twolazyg
Old
(Last edited by Twolazyg; 17th December 2011 at 09:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
Default [GUIDE] Unroot your HTC unlocked EVO 3D

I have noticed a lot of people asking how to unroot their 3d and return back to stock after unlocking with HTCDEV. Here's how:

Step 1: Download the RUU for your phone:
CDMA: PG86IMG.zip
GSM: GSM RUUs
(There are more GSM RUUs than CDMA, so here's all of them.)

Rogers RUU link is here.

Step 2: Place the PG86IMG.zip (CDMA- GSM will be similar) on the root of your sdcard.

Step 3: Reboot to recovery and wipe everything (Dalvik, cache, data, system, factory reset)

Step 4: Plug in your phone and reboot to bootloader via ADB
Code:
Select Code
adb reboot bootloader
Step 5: Boot into Hboot and allow the RUU zip to flash to the phone.

Step 6: Boot into fastboot

Step 7: Relock your bootloader
Code:
Select Code
fastboot oem lock
Setp 8: Reboot.

Note: Your bootloader will say *** RELOCKED *** after you're done. That is how your carrier and HTC will know you've unlocked. There is no way to avoid this yet.

***** Make sure you put the CORRECT RUU image on you sdcard. If you have Sprint you're CDMA, if not, you're GSM. Don't mix the two up.

If you want to unlock your phone again after relocking, boot into fastboot and type:
Code:
Select Code
fastboot flash Unlock_Code.bin
That's assuming you still have the Unlock_code.bin. If you don't, you'll have to re-do all the steps on HTCDEV

GSM RUUs from Football's thread here

CDMA RUU from Mr.ESP's post here
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Twolazyg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

digitaljeff
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Rogers RUU link is dead from filefactory (footballs gsm ruu thread)...this has been confirmed from multiple sources
"What's a root? You mean like a carrot?"

Twolazyg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaljeff View Post
Rogers RUU link is dead from filefactory (footballs gsm ruu thread)...this has been confirmed from multiple sources
I would contact Football and see if he still has access to it then. Google doesn't bring anything up for Rogers. Let me know if you get it.

digitaljeff
Old
(Last edited by digitaljeff; 17th December 2011 at 04:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
thanks to bebolf for having it in his dropbox and posting a link here ive gone ahead and uploaded the Rogers RUU to multiupload ... see below link, will post in footballs thread in gsm forum..

http://www.multiupload.com/7JM43LU588
"What's a root? You mean like a carrot?"
The Following User Says Thank You to digitaljeff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RedHeadMan
Old
(Last edited by RedHeadMan; 18th December 2011 at 11:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Hey just to add to this. I tried doing this method, but I couldn't get hboot to update my phone. I got hboot 1.50 stock, cause I just got the phone last week. I have no idea why ur method wouldn't work.....I'm a NOOB HERE. I tried even flashing in recovery. When I also tried to "Relocked" my phone it wouldn't even boot past the HTC screen.

Well what happened to begin was I put a different kernel on my using flash image gui, and when I tried going back to stock via backup, some of the functions didn't work wifi 4g...etc. I knew it had to be the kernel. So what I did was I found this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1223979, and downloaded the Shooter_2.08.651.2_odexed_rooted-signed.zip complete ROM.

Thanks @xHausx for that thread you saved me

Then i flashed it. I rebooted back into the bootloader and ran the lock code.
Code:
Select Code
fastboot oem lock
This time the phone booted. I used one of RUU .exe from Football's post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1334473
and completely restored the phone to stock.

Idk if this helps any one or not, but this is how I got my phone back to stock without using the PG86IMG.zip and flashing in hboot.

Again noob here, but it worked.

richsky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I followed all the steps, my phone now shows RELOCKED, but I still have the superuser app. Am I missing something? How do I get rid of superuser?

Thank you

Karl
Old
Thanks Meter 467
did you run the ruu after relocking
The Following User Says Thank You to Karl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

richsky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I downloaded the file from the OP, renamed it PG86IMG.zip and copied it to my sd card. I then boot into hboot and it loads the file. This is all after I relocked the phone. Is this correct?

Karl
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by richsky View Post
I downloaded the file from the OP, renamed it PG86IMG.zip and copied it to my sd card. I then boot into hboot and it loads the file. This is all after I relocked the phone. Is this correct?
yep.. ......
The Following User Says Thank You to Karl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

richsky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Esp View Post
yep.. ......
Well still showing the superuser app, any idea how to get rid of that?

Thanks

Tags
1.5 hboot, htc method, relock, return to stock, unroot